Sign in to follow this  
zak123

Surman

As much as Surman can now take on the Whitbread comedy role for never actually making it on to the pitch. I think that when he does come back from injury (which i do hope Lambert waits until he is 100% this time) he will be awesome and maybe the best player for us in the last third of the season.

My reasoning for this is, in both the Ipswich and Leeds match which he played for 60 minutes in, he looked our most confident player going forwards for the whole season, he looked like he wanted to take it past players as opposed to pass it around. He also looks a very confident on the ball and has plenty of pace. I think with a couple of games, he will be able to link of with Chris and Wes really well. Unlike Lappin he will also be a that the opposing team really have to account for. If you look at when he was at Southampton he was one of their most creative players. However i believe him to be creative in a different way to Wes, he will create with the ball at his feet, where as Wes will create by passing, something which will be excellent together.

So all in all i have very high hopes. Might even work out like getting a whole new signing.

Yeah I agree, will be like a new singing, lets hope his injuries are behind him now because before he joined us I believe he very rarely got injured

The boy can play, lets hope he starts today. Christ I''m a poet and didn''t even know it!

I agree with most of your comments about Surman ,apart from the pace bit,he is very slow.Watch him when he plays again,

[quote user="Big Slob"]His best performances have probably come away. I remember at Forest away he was superb.[/quote]

yeah, I went to that game - looked class! Unfortunately I believed his best game became his last before his couple of injuries

Surman''s through ball to put holt in on goal with about 10 mins left of that forest game was every bit as classy as Lansbury''s ball for Holt''s 2nd against the binners. Excellent player, cant wait til he''s back in the team.  Horses for courses re different types of games, home /away etc but the prospect of  Hooly, Surman, Lansbury and Fox in the midfield is pretty mouthwatering. Bennett would be a useful signing for his pace, but if we''re going to spend serious money on only one player then I think it needs to be on an out and out striker, someone who can net us 7-8 before the end of the season will make all the difference. Our midfield will create enough chances, its just a matter of someone finishing them off..

[quote user="rondy"]Surman''s through ball to put holt in on goal with about 10 mins left of that forest game was every bit as classy as Lansbury''s ball for Holt''s 2nd against the binners. Excellent player, cant wait til he''s back in the team. 

Horses for courses re different types of games, home /away etc but the prospect of  Hooly, Surman, Lansbury and Fox in the midfield is pretty mouthwatering. Bennett would be a useful signing for his pace, but if we''re going to spend serious money on only one player then I think it needs to be on an out and out striker, someone who can net us 7-8 before the end of the season will make all the difference. Our midfield will create enough chances, its just a matter of someone finishing them off..

[/quote]

completely agree with spending the money on a striker. When Surman returns we will have him, Hoolahan, Lansbury, Fox, Crofts, K.Smith, Lapin competing for 4 places, and thats not inlcuding our other midfielders. Of couse competiton for players is good, but we don''t need to spend over 1 million on a league 1 winger who could be sitting on the bench or making players like Lansbury, Crofts, Hoolahan etc sitting on the bench, when they are good enough to start, we can''t play them all and I would rather we spent that money on a goal scorer not trying to strenghten our already strong midfield when we are lacking upfront

How good does this midfield look?

Crofts

Lansbury            Surman

Hoolahan

And then on the bench we would have Korey Smith, David Fox, Simon Lappin and McNamee.  This is why I don''t think it is necessary to go and splash the cash on Bennett because we already have a great midfield fully capable of getting promoted and an extra bit of fire power up front would make our whole attack superb.