[quote user="pete_norw"]We don''t need him, we need a striker, now as Lansbury is here till may[/quote]

agree

[quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]I agree to, but who do people honestly see us getting ? A champ striker, lower league, prem youngster ?[/quote]

If all the reports are to be true that we had a 1 million pound bid rejected from Brighton last week, yet we are still persuing him with talk of finding extra money, then I would rather a million pound plus be spend on a decent striker, i.e Moriosn, Evans

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]i diagree, we need a pacey winger/striker and apparently Bennett fits that bill.[/quote]Agreed.

When Surman returns we will have him, Hoolahan, Lansbury, Fox, Crofts, K.Smith, Lapin competing for 4 places, and thats not inlcuding our other midfielders. Of couse competiton for players is good, but we don''t need to spend over 1 million on a league 1 winger who could be sitting on the bench or making players like Lansbury, Crofts, Hoolahan etc sitting on the bench, when they are good enough to start, we can''t play them all and we can''t have a whole host of good midfielders on the bench either so I would rather we spent that money on a goal scorer not trying to strenghten our already strong midfield when we are lacking upfront

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]We would be able to get Fraser Forster for about a £1m.[/quote]But we don''t need him.

For all the people on here crying out for a new striker, only three teams have scored more goals than us so far this season (probably four after tomorrow, admittedly).  Think we''re not desperate, personally.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]For all the people on here crying out for a new striker, only three teams have scored more goals than us so far this season (probably four after tomorrow, admittedly).  Think we''re not desperate, personally.
[/quote]

I would argue that this is because we are so creative in midfield, and luckily we have our defenders and midfielders scoring a good percentage of our goals. Whilst this is good, for the chances we create we are not scoring enough - this may sound petty cosidering where we are in the league, but just a few games off the top of my head - Cardiff, Forest, Portsmouth - all games which we dominated but did not win because we didn''t finish off our chances, games like these could come back to haunt us

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Not many League One players would turn down a move to a Championship club who are already 3rd in the league![/quote]bennett [;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"]We would be able to get Fraser Forster for about a £1m.[/quote]But we don''t need him.

[/quote]I agree Ruddy is doing fine a Macnamee Replacement would be more into our intrests

[quote user="canary_girl"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]For all the people on here crying out for a new striker, only three teams have scored more goals than us so far this season (probably four after tomorrow, admittedly).  Think we''re not desperate, personally.
[/quote]

I would argue that this is because we are so creative in midfield, and luckily we have our defenders and midfielders scoring a good percentage of our goals. Whilst this is good, for the chances we create we are not scoring enough - this may sound petty cosidering where we are in the league, but just a few games off the top of my head - Cardiff, Forest, Portsmouth - all games which we dominated but did not win because we didn''t finish off our chances, games like these could come back to haunt us

[/quote]

I think yesterday proved your point another 2 goals from midfield, Hoolahan, Crofts, R. Martin have scored alot more goals than all our strikers combined (except Holt).  Yes we have scored alot of goals and its a real bonus that our midfield and defence are chipping but just image if we got another proven goal scorer, how much would that help to clinch an automatic promotion place?  As someone once said, "you can never have to many strikers!"

Yesterday proved we need another dimension to our play, it was just so narrow and not working. Martin, Jacko and Holt were living on scraps and somebody with pace outwide who can put balls into the box can only improve their strike rates.

Have to say I don''t think we really need to bring anyone in. We''ve got a great midfield, with another top quality player to come back from injury. We''ve got a good defence with plenty of cover. Our forward line isn''t scoring too much at the moment but Martin is looking good (apart from his goals) and Jackson hasn''t really been able to get enough game time in to settle. If we bought someone else in they''d have the same problem as Jackson, if they don''t start scoring straight away we have really good players fighting for that place.

Hell if we really decide we don''t want to play Martin or Jackson why not try 4-5-1. Would give us a chance to play Hoolahan, Surman, Lansbury, Crofts and Fox at the same time... actually lets try 4-6-0 so we can play Korey too!

However good your forwards are they still can''t both create and score goals themselves, we have Surman, Lansbury and Wes who can create but none of them are blessed with explosive pace. Mcnamee is quick but his crossing is absolutely dreadful at times so for my money we need a pacy winger who is capable of scoring and creating, Bennett seems to fit the bill perfectly. I also think we could do with another quality striker but can''t see us being able to afford anything much better than we have at the moment if we splash out the large sums being suggested for Bennett and given the choice I''d say our need for a pacy winger is greater than a striker.

[quote user="Mahogany"]Have to say I don''t think we really need to bring anyone in. We''ve got a great midfield, with another top quality player to come back from injury. We''ve got a good defence with plenty of cover. Our forward line isn''t scoring too much at the moment but Martin is looking good (apart from his goals) and Jackson hasn''t really been able to get enough game time in to settle. If we bought someone else in they''d have the same problem as Jackson, if they don''t start scoring straight away we have really good players fighting for that place. Hell if we really decide we don''t want to play Martin or Jackson why not try 4-5-1. Would give us a chance to play Hoolahan, Surman, Lansbury, Crofts and Fox at the same time... actually lets try 4-6-0 so we can play Korey too![/quote]

I do understand where your coming from but in my opinion the best time to strengthen is when you are doing well and not when your struggling. How long ago was it when any of our strikers actually scored except Holt?  I''m not knocking any of them as I do believe thay all have something to offer and in a perfect world we would also sign a winger as well as a proven goal scorer.  Do you remember when we signed Dean Ashton in Jan (should have been at the start of the season) he almost single handedly kept us in the premier league and lets not forget what everybody else around us have been doing, QPR, Cardif, Forrest, Leicester etc  they have all got good squads but they havent stopped there have they, they are all strengthening.

I''m sure Grant and even Wilbraham would benefit from a steady stream of good crosses. Looking at Bennett''s 20 assists he appears to be just the man to supply the ammunition. I''m sure he''d benefit us in a positive way and I doubt it''d be a waste to spend money on him. If Lansbury got injured again, we''d be left with Crofts or Korey on the right side who are both great players but not so much attacking options if that''s what we need in a match.

P.S I do think someone who is confident in the box, even with their back to a defender would be great e.g Ched Evans, Matty Fryatt etc but maybe we can''t afford both striker and winger. I also think PL must want to give Simeon more time after spending a good amount of money on him. I can understand this I guess