Sign in to follow this  
zak123

Piquionne Red Card.

Did anyone else just see it on MOTD? Absolutely ridiculous. I know its the rules, however for what he did, no was does he deserve a red card. The rule is utterly stupid.

The rules are the rules and in no other situation do you get as long to decide if you are going to break them. Not exactly instinctive is is. Stupid on his part considering his sides league position.

He knows what will happen and he''s an idiot.

I''m not saying the rule is right, I''m just saying he''s a moron for puting his side in that position.

As others say the rule is ridiculous one and everyone apart from my favourite people at fifa know that. But at the same time rules are rules and you have to understand that especially as Piquonne was on a yellow card

[quote user="NCFC-47"]What did he do ?[/quote]Jumped over the advertising boardings to celebrate his goal with the West Ham fans.

[quote user="NCFC-47"]What did he do ?[/quote]Jumped over the advertising hoardings and embraced the fans, that criminal.It''s strange that it''s gotten to the point where fans can get a ban for encroaching onto the field of play, and likewise players can get a ban for encroaching into the stand.I eagerly await the logical continuation in which fans will also be at risk of a ban for removing their shirts.

Yep, scored plenty of important goals but at no stage did I feel in neccessary to get myself sent off as a result.

I also see plenty of other players scoring important goals every week who also don''t feel the need to get sent off.

It is incredibly harsh but all the players know the rules so to a dregree he brought it on himself - whether or not it was in the moment of passion (like most murders and probably one night affairs I think) we dont allow that excuse to allow indiscretions go unpunished do we?

I assume that this harks back to not wanting to incite the fans and encouraging pitch invasions.  Was the cantona ninja attack part of it toio?  I cant recall the timescales?    Has that risk reduced now?  If so we not remove that rule?   As a fan I love to see that passion and committment from a player.   Its that raw element that is being dragged from the game and making it increasing sterile.  We should remove that rule

Leave the punishments in place for the fans - I may run up and down an aisle in the jarrold like a loon getting worried looks from fellow fans as my emotion comes out when martin scores a last minute equaliser but even then I would not go on the pitch. 

I felt sorry for the ref - he was left with no choice but to dismiss him or risk be punished by his bosses and probably miss games and face the criticism of teh other manager in changing the course of the game.  He was in a no win situation.

I thought he must have taken off his shirt but was surprised when I saw it. What is the wording of the actual rule he broke? Are you no longer allowed past advertising boards or what?

Stupid rules imho, thats what the fans are there for TO CELEBRATE THE TEAM SCORING!!! Scoring a goal at any level is a fantastic feeling and emotion why not be able to share this pasion/felling with the fans???

This rule It right up there with taking a player off if he receives treatment(never happens with the goal keeper tho???)

How dare he celebrate scoring a goal. its stupid decisions like this that is wrong in football, referees with no common sense, and people who have never played the game making the decisions. That ref will still be reffing a prem game this time nxt year, will west ham be there ? Well whatever happen i hope West Ham dont celebrate scoring any more goals, how dare they !!!

I simply don''t believe that every referee would have sent him off in that situation. I think it comes down to what kind of personality the referee is, even in his life outside of football. If a referee is a pedantic,jobsworth in everyday life then he will bring that onto the pitch.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]The rules are the rules and in no other situation do you get as long to decide if you are going to break them. Not exactly instinctive is is. Stupid on his part considering his sides league position.

He knows what will happen and he''s an idiot.

I''m not saying the rule is right, I''m just saying he''s a moron for puting his side in that position.[/quote]

I agree with this - whether the rules/laws of the game are right/stupid or not is largely not the point here - they ARE the rules, everyone knows this, so Piquionne was stupid to force the referee to make a decision. Yes other referees may not have shown him a second yellow for it, but I would wager that most of them would have, or face punishment from the powers that be for not upholding the letter of the law. And let''s face it, it''s not the ONLY stupid rule in football, is it?