Sign in to follow this  
Ernie

Next 6 games

Have just checked out the fixture list and these next 6 games will really show what we are made of and even our chances of automatic promotion. Crystal Palace away, bogey team but we owe them one, never forget them coming back from 3-1 down with that wanker Andy Johnson doing his best flying act to win a penalty. Millwall at home, never going to be easy, Burnley away, need I say more, Reading at home, payback me thinks but again really tough game, Leeds away, needs no intruduction, Doncaster at home, certainly no mugs.  Home games all winable plus I think we could finally get a result at shithole Palace and if I''m being extra greedy a point at Leeds and Burnley.  Chuck in a potential new signing to give us a bit of a helping hand and I really think we could do this, back to back promotions now wouldn''t that be sweet!

It''s hard not to be optimistic and think that we could have 5 wins on the trot before we face Leeds. We could be facing them when top of the league.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

were gona lose one, almost fact.- Burnley, there the toughest of the lot.

3 wins and 3 draws [y]

[/quote]

almost fact? we are unbeaten in 13, not like me make a habit of losing

[quote user="I am a Banana"]we only got a draw at home to burnley cause eagles was taken off.[/quote]  Having watched Eagles squander numerous chances against Scunthorpe today I do not think he will be that big a threat.

Its similar to the run we had in November and we came out of that with alot of draws but still unbeaten. The home games are all very winable ones in my opinion so really we need to be getting at least 6-7 points out of those. The away hames as people say are all potentially tough Leeds and Burnley are both very difficult and even though Palace should be beaten as we all know we very rarely beat them.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

3 wins and 3 draws [y]

[/quote]Shut up you clueless idiot. No result is a fact before the game is played.Isn''t it time you changed your name to I am a turd?

[quote user="barclaystand"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

3 wins and 3 draws [y]

[/quote]
Shut up you clueless idiot.
No result is a fact before the game is played.
Isn''t it time you changed your name to I am a turd?
[/quote]

It''s wrong to hurl personal insults at people on here - but this did make me laugh out loud.

Now, play nicely children!

The top of this league is truely competitive at the moment. Even QPR are only 2 points clear as of now. If they come back to the pack it will give us a much better chance of going for 1 of 2 promotion places as opposed to just the 2nd one. But there are several teams that could take auto promotion at the moment. Namely Cardiff and Forest as well as QPR obviously. Swansea could still be a danger too. I''ve been noticing Forest''s climb for a number of weeks now and they just keep on winning. With their games in hand at the moment they are potentially a clear 2nd.

We certainly have a shot at making the top 2 but its going to be very tough and very close. We have got to keep up, if not better, our points scoring record from the 1st half of the season to have any chance. If we finally see Lambert lose 2 in a row it will most likely be over and hoping for playoffs. Let''s hope we can dig in and keep grinding out the results like we have against Sheffield. Lambert has the right strategy of trying to win every game. Far better to win one lose one than to draw both. COME ON CITY!

Cardiff''s next fixtures are pretty tasty too:-

1. Reading Home

2. Swansea Away

3. Scunthorpe Home

4. Burnley Home

5. Notts Forest Away

6. Leicester Home

It''s a shame they play at home for 4 games, but those teams are no pushovers (even Scunthorpe can be a banana skin) and the 2 away games are big, big games.

If we can get through our games with a good tally of points we could be well placed for the final push..fingers crossed! Come on you yellows!

[quote user="barclaystand"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

3 wins and 3 draws [y]

[/quote]
Shut up you clueless idiot.
No result is a fact before the game is played.
Isn''t it time you changed your name to I am a turd?
[/quote]

Lets see what the burnley result is then.

[quote user="David Fox For England"]once we get another out and out goalscorer we will shoot right to the top of this league.[/quote]

same, I think we are good bet to a get an automatic place if we get in a striker who knows where the back of the net is. Unforuanatley, it''s not ''once'' but ''if'''' we get an out and out goalscorer, seems like Lambert has his eyes on this Bennett a RW

I agree with that, DFfE. We are going to have to attack and score to win games, as we are still not tight enough defensively. Barnett was great yesterday (except for letting Ched Evans slip around him to toe poke the goal into the corner). Whitbread didn''t have that great a game at times, though, and the defence will certainly need to tighten up.

Well we will probably lose to C.Palace saturday we always struggle home and away to Palace, i have no idea why. But this could be a good time to play them, we are playing well away, we got Lansbury back, they are on rubbish form and in the bottom three, but i said on friday i would take 4 points from Sheff U & C Palace away, i want 6 now tho.

i definately want 3 at palace, ecspecially bcos it is only my second away game this season and also because my mate supports palace and i didn''t hear the end of it last time round.

i know we always lose their but i have a good feeling about this one bcos of the pints you made- they''e struggling and lansbury is back.

we cannot deal with pace and palace have lots of it but defensively they are hopeless. if we get an early goal we will win the game. OTBC <3

exactly! recent losses to palace (inpart from this year) we have been struggling and under lambert we havn''t struggled.

if you ignore the previous record and go into the game like any other, the chances are we will win.

[quote user="canary_girl"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

3 wins and 3 draws [y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

we are not unbeaten in 13,we lost at home to portsmouth on dec 11, 6 games ago

We certainly have some tough games coming up and if we are still in the play offs come the end of these then that would be great.  We must now improve our home form though because we can''t afford too many games like Hull and Portsmouth.

Like I said we should be happy with still being in the play offs after these games and then we have some more winnable ones after that where we should get quite a few points before the ''run in'', which is also tough.

[quote user="them2"][quote user="canary_girl"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

3 wins and 3 draws [y]

[/quote]

[/quote] we are not unbeaten in 13,we lost at home to portsmouth on dec 11, 6 games ago[/quote]

yeah, I meant to type we have only lost one in 13

Not forgetting we have played  Cardiff H & A, QPR H & A and Forest A, they still have to play each other so guaranteed to be some pts dropped We just need to average 2 pts a games from all those leftthe difference could be just down to getting 3 pts at  palace instead on 1.Those are the games we need to win which will allow us to slip up at places like Leeds and Swansea.I reckon we will end up in the play off;s with QPR and Cardiff 1 & 2 but an outside chance to pipping them.

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son is a Moron"]Not forgetting we have played  Cardiff H & A, QPR H & A and Forest A, they still have to play each other so guaranteed to be some pts dropped

We just need to average 2 pts a games from all those left

the difference could be just down to getting 3 pts at  palace instead on 1.

Those are the games we need to win which will allow us to slip up at places like Leeds and Swansea.

I reckon we will end up in the play off;s with QPR and Cardiff 1 & 2 but an outside chance to pipping them.
[/quote]

would be ideal if QPR beat all those around us, instead of drawing with them. I may be alone here but I would rather QPR take 3 points of them all and run away with the league than those around us picking up an extra point which could be vital come the end of the season