Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Our home form is just not good enough.....

Your right it isn''t but, there is still a long way to go and we could go unbeaten at home from now untill the end of the season!  I hope it improves though because we can''t rely on our away form coming into the end of the season when teams are going for the play offs and battling relegation etc etc.

To be fair tho are home performances haven''t been bad tho, we''ve lost four at home, watford 1st game of season, all the build up, the hype being moved to a friday night to be on sky, 1st game back in the championship was always destined to go one way. Portsmouth & Hull we absolutely dominated and played well and created chances but just didn''t take any. And had Drury played at left back that day up against Nugent i think it would of been a completely different outcome. Portsmouth worst team i''ve seen this year with the likes of Dave Kitson, Utaka & Mullins going down as some of the worst players ive seen at carrow road this season.

we have lost only 2 of our last 8 home games and are undefeated in our last three.

if we keep it up and start to finish better (imagine if we''d have finished against pompey, hull, palace).

this is why we need another out and out goalscorer!

No, we don''t need to win every game to go up, but if you hope for automatic promotion, then I would say (if you take the entirety of our home form into consideration, instead of just a few games) still say we may be looking at winning promotion via the play-offs, which is fine by me!

But surely our last 5-8 games are a sign that we are winning games and picking up points at home. 1 defeat in 8 and 15 points despite playing 3 of the other 4 sides in the top 5.

If we carry on picking up 2 points a game from our home games we''ll at least be in the top 6 and perhaps in the automatic shake up come May.

I feel this is just unfounded speculation on your part. Lets just see

how things pan out. This season is incredibly close, therefore I think

it is too difficult to say one way or another about anything.The only thing you could probably say is that automatic looks as though it may go down to the wire.

This would have been a good thread in October but not anymore our home form is as good as most. i note David Fox says lost 2 of last 8 one of those was Orient and we have have actually lost 1 in 8 and are currently in our best home form

Cardiff D 1 - 1

QPR W 1 - 0

Sheff Utd W 4 - 2

Portsmouth L 2 - 0

Ip W 4 - 1

Leeds D 1 - 1

Burnley D 2 - 2

Midd W 1 - 0

We have played all the top teams at home except maybe Forest and not lost to any of them.

"I would say it''s not so much our home form that''s at fault, more our home scoring ability on certain occasions."

spot on, we have played very well at home on many occasions, but have failed to take our chances and let them take thiers

Nothing to do with the amount of goals we conceed then WITS ? Only 4 teams have scored more than us at Home and only 4 teams have conceeded more at home Leeds and 3 of the bottom 4 - Preston Scunthorpe and Sheff Utd and eveen they have only conceeded 2 more 1 more and 3 more respectively. This thread is based on what happened prior to October not our recent form. Our home goalscoring is automatic promotion form our goals conceeded are relegation form. Unless of course you conceed that we are now playing far better than we were before the end of October

Think the defense is looking solid as now however. Whitbred''s come back and been fantastic, Nelson was a rock against QPR, Barnett''s been our best CB this season and Ward can play too.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Nothing to do with the amount of goals we conceed then WITS ? Only 4 teams have scored more than us at Home and only 4 teams have conceeded more at home Leeds and 3 of the bottom 4 - Preston Scunthorpe and Sheff Utd and eveen they have only conceeded 2 more 1 more and 3 more respectively. This thread is based on what happened prior to October not our recent form. Our home goalscoring is automatic promotion form our goals conceeded are relegation form. Unless of course you conceed that we are now playing far better than we were before the end of October[/quote]Cough cough, minor detail lolSeriously, to amend my earlier comment.... there is a problem with the lack of goals being scored at CR and that the difference between goals scored and goals conceeded by us needs to be adjusted so that the number scored is higher than that of those conceeded.Is that better LiK? [;)]