Sign in to follow this  
upperbarclayshouterOTBC

Ideal signings for norwich???

ok so i know over the last few weeks and before that Norwich fans have been saying we want this player and that player at the club. So far the only player that i can see as a good signing has been Barnett yesterday he sounded absolutely brilliant still not sign of Tierney and lets face it wilbraham hasnt been the best in what i have seen of him with only a decent 20 minutes or so for the cardiff game. So my question is this with the move for bennett looking like its stuck for a good while even though i think we still need width in our play, im still with many of you fellow people that say we need a striker i think it is the position that is either going to make or break our season, i know Holt has been the absolute top man for us this season but i can not see much support coming his way. Martin well tbh this season has just not been here for me he seems afraid to shoot and anytime he does its either miles wide or the opportunity has go it''s self however yesterday sounded a bit better but a striker needs to be scoring goals. Jackson i feel sorry for as hes not had much of a chance which might be one reason why PL hasn''t gone for another striker yet to give him chance but i can only see this being a matter of time so what are we left with nothing really!!! So many threads on here include getting Cody back the one problem with that is that he is on a permanent season long loan so he wont be returning till the end of the season. Well i think there are a few options i have always been a big admirer of Adam lallana i would love to see him here 9 goals already this season plus he can cover midfield which i know is already packed but i think he would give us that dynamic upfront cost most probably the issue. Morrison seems to be the popular choice on here and i think would be a good signing. or maybe even a premier league loan that maybe can give us the goals we need maybe anchiebe from everton that was just a thought not my own personal choice before i get bombarded [:)]

yeah he sounds like he did alright yesterday but still i know hes setting up goals but i still think we need another goal scorer the game against qpr proves my point martin couldn''t a barn door with a banjo  3 one-on-ones and couldnt finish any of them i would just like to see another goal scorer to give us more options if holt gets injured we are screwed up front need to bring someone in with goals under his belt

I was expecting another Keith Scott from having seen Wilbraham described as a yellow/green wheelie bin on here...

But if he was hes got new casters... he looked quite mobile... give him a chance.. he will do a job for us...

Remember... in Lambert we trust!

Ideally, Leroy Lita. He''s another one of these players that excels at getting opponents riled, like Holt does. He''s also got pace and power in abundance, a decent workrate and if he could score like he did in our team a few years back then you''d be fairly sure he could do at least the same now.

[quote user="Mason 47"]Ideally, Leroy Lita.

He''s another one of these players that excels at getting opponents riled, like Holt does. He''s also got pace and power in abundance, a decent workrate and if he could score like he did in our team a few years back then you''d be fairly sure he could do at least the same now.
[/quote]

i agree very very similar although lita has got a bit more pace i think leroy and grant up front would be a super pairing!

I think the difference with Lita is that he''s fast, but also strong, which is ideal. It would have been great if Chrissy scored more of his one on ones (Forest springs to mind) and that''s probably where we''re lacking a bit - that clinical edge and taking those kind of chances. However, I''ve been impressed with his all round play and he seems to have developed into a stronger player. We''re still 3rd and who knows the strikers we have might bang in 2/3 goals each in our next game!

Chris did well in his scoring last season but this league''s defenders have a different quality about them so he needs to bring the same qualities to his attacking and scoring abilities. The style of football in this league is also different and he doesn''t always seem to have adapted and upped his game at the same rate that Holt has. Maybe Holt feels the pressure of his age, knowing he has less time than Chris to prove his abilities, in this league (and maybe the Prem) who has several more years playing in him than Holt.

Yes, Chris Martin is afraid to shoot and always miles wide!

May I suggest you look in the "Goals to shots comparison (nerd alert)" thread.

Chris has had the second most shots of any player at the club (60, 3 behind Holt in 6 less starts, nearly twice anyone else) and the second best rate of getting those shots on target [of those with a decent number of shots] (61.7% on target or woodwork, behind Hoolahan''s 64.5%. Holt gets less than half on target).

I know people don''t like statistics. But sometimes they reveal that people are talking sh''ite.

[quote user="7rew"]Yes, Chris Martin is afraid to shoot and always miles wide! May I suggest you look in the "Goals to shots comparison (nerd alert)" thread. Chris has had the second most shots of any player at the club (60, 3 behind Holt in 6 less starts, nearly twice anyone else) and the second best rate of getting those shots on target [of those with a decent number of shots] (61.7% on target or woodwork, behind Hoolahan''s 64.5%. Holt gets less than half on target). I know people don''t like statistics. But sometimes they reveal that people are talking sh''ite.[/quote]

to be fair though, Chris Martin has a had a lot on one on ones which you would expect him to not only hit the target but score, I think thats the problem, Chris is shooting, just not scoring

7rew - I couldn''t access the data on that thread and posted as such. I like Chris Martin. He just frustrates me a lot as he doesn''t score the amount of goals I''d expected him to. What I posted just now is my way of trying to fathom out what it is that is preventing him from getting those goals.

i rate wilbraham. hes not going to start every game and score loads of goals, what we have lacked is somebody to come on for the last 30 mins, hold the ball up and win headers, and thats what he does.

I also feel sorry for jackson, as looking at appearances martin has had far more of a run than jackson, yet theyve scored the same amount of goals. I think jackson needs a run and if he doesnt perform then we can say he wont cut it.

I agree WITS and canary_girl. the comments on not shooting enough and inaccuracy were contained in the original posters comments.

Can''t see it happening but someone like Jordan Rhodes, Charlie Austin or Craig Mackail Smith would be a great help.

Take Rhodes off that list, serious ankle ligament damage. i dont think this one will happen either but would love to see someone like Billy Sharp from Doncaster, always scores and proven at championship level.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Wilbraham did quite well when coming on yesterday![/quote]

''Coming on'' is the bit between leaving the bench and taking up his position on the field of play.

Several of us on here could do quite well doing that! :-)

[quote user="7rew"]Yes, Chris Martin is afraid to shoot and always miles wide! May I suggest you look in the "Goals to shots comparison (nerd alert)" thread. Chris has had the second most shots of any player at the club (60, 3 behind Holt in 6 less starts, nearly twice anyone else) and the second best rate of getting those shots on target [of those with a decent number of shots] (61.7% on target or woodwork, behind Hoolahan''s 64.5%. Holt gets less than half on target). I know people don''t like statistics. But sometimes they reveal that people are talking sh''ite.[/quote]

I don''t think we need statistics to realise that!