Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

John Ruddy

Sorry if already mentioned but I thought Ruddy was superb yesterday and has been for a lot of games in recent times.

Yesterday whenever Sheff U had a corner I didnt worry because I had every confidence that he would catch the ball with confidence and the one time he didnt he was fouled so it didnt matter.

I think purely because of the abuse he got on here at the start of the season and even though there have been constant comparisons with FF he is fast becoming a dark horse for player of the season.

RUDDY RUDDY RUDDY! Keep it up John!

i think, despite his early mistakes, he has been superb! since leicster he hasn''t failed at a corner and has been a very good shot-stopper. he can hold the ball well and has had half decent kicking.

he has also pulled off some superb saves, like the one saturday.

What about the Leyton Orient corner?

Oh no wait that was Rudd who many of you claim should be our no.1 keeper. [;)]

PS before I get hurled abuse at this post was tongue in cheek. 

I think he is avery good keeper and love the passion he shows. Unfortuanetly those who sit around me every game, still moan about him even when he does nothing wrong

Think he has really grown in confidence. He looks very solid and assured. One of the most dependable keepers in the league on current form. Compare and contrast how he and Steve Simonsen elected to handle corner kicks.

[quote user="Jacko"]

Think he has really grown in confidence. He looks very solid and assured. One of the most dependable keepers in the league on current form. Compare and contrast how he and Steve Simonsen elected to handle corner kicks.

[/quote]Yup, like the way he was caught in his goal mouth with the ball, and we score, compared to coming out and claiming the ball!Also I was very impressed with the save which he put over the bar early on. I rate the guy.

Hit talents have always been there, but he just had a shaky start and the majority of fans got on his back quickly...as they do. Thankfully, unlike many of the fans suggestions, Lambert kept faith in Ruddy and that faith is now being repaid with a series of solid performances. Ruddys kicking is good (one of Rudds strong points), his control of the box has improved tenfold (came with growing confidence I believe) and his passion is there for all to see (when he score he goes nuts, when we concede he goes nuts too!).

I will always back Ruddy and I am very glad he is playing very well - hie hasn''t had as many clean sheets as he deserves.