Sign in to follow this  
Left Testy

Chopra 600k?

Linked with a 600k bid on the BBC GOSSIP column. This has been mentioned before on the this site.

Would this be a good buy? personnally I dont think so

Nah, he''s no better than Svensson and Mckenzie IMO and i think he would struggle to get in the starting line up. We should bring in a creative midfielder. OTBC

Hes not a bad player, but could we really afford him now?

Think a creative midfielder is needed more than a striker, but wouldnt mind getting him, hes deff one for the future

What is the problem with Worthy and strikers??? I know he wasnt one himself; does he have an envy issue??

Most of the fans can see the issues with the midfield and defence yet at no stage has worthy even hinted at looking at a defender. To me that us the one decision in itself that could condemn us to relegation.

OTBC

I couldn''t see us going for Chopra.  I think it''s more likely to be a smokescreen.  If he was Prem quality why hasn''t he featured for Newc?  And why didn''t a lesser prem club (Charlton, Pompey etc) come in for him?

Every time I''ve seen him in the past he has always struck me as a solid pro,nothing outstanding but a player who always gives his all,and at 600k he seems worth the money.

Why not go for him ? he is still young and is better than what we have got apart from ashton of course

I agree though midfield is the area we need to improve but if we get the kid from man utd richardson we could sorted there

Tell you why not to go for him.  He is rubbish! Cant cut it in lower divisions.  Just because he might be ok on football manager 2005 does not make it real life.

This poor chap has always been highly rated. He has gone out and been really poor in the championship with Forest on loan. He is not going to give us any other options. He has about as much premiership experience as Jarvis or Crow. This purchase would be speculative. This would be akin to Buying that Eastwood chap we were linked with kast year and expecting him to perform miracles.