Sign in to follow this  
Trent Uni Canary

Stewarding at sheff utd

One of the stewards at brammall lane threatened to eject me from the ground because i was singing we f*cking love grant holt... he didnt seem to hear the other 2000 fans singing it as well. apparently some norwich fans in our area had complained about it. All i can say is stewards need to lighten up and if anyone goes to an away game and doesnt expect to hear swearing needs to wake up.

Stewards were pretty good where I was stood, asked me to move back into my row having drifted into the aisle for safety reasons which is fair enough.

Seemed strange to have a 3,000 capacity away end only having 3 turnstiles that were at the far end of the stand with very narrow stairs to get down at the end.

[quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]One of the stewards at brammall lane threatened to eject me from the ground because i was singing we f*cking love grant holt... he didnt seem to hear the other 2000 fans singing it as well. apparently some norwich fans in our area had complained about it. All i can say is stewards need to lighten up and if anyone goes to an away game and doesnt expect to hear swearing needs to wake up.[/quote]

Just a pity that no-one can create a new song for Holt, we are a family club and see no need for swearing in a song. The youngsters of todayjust have to many things to spend their time on i,e xbox''s than create new songs or even re-ignite some old one''s.

[quote user="Planet X"][quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]One of the stewards at brammall lane threatened to eject me from the ground because i was singing we f*cking love grant holt... he didnt seem to hear the other 2000 fans singing it as well. apparently some norwich fans in our area had complained about it. All i can say is stewards need to lighten up and if anyone goes to an away game and doesnt expect to hear swearing needs to wake up.[/quote]

Just a pity that no-one can create a new song for Holt, we are a family club and see no need for swearing in a song. The youngsters of today
just have to many things to spend their time on i,e xbox''s than create new songs or even re-ignite some old one''s.
[/quote]

(To the ''tune'' of the roof is on fire)

The Holt!

The Holt!

The Holt is on Fire!

We don''t need no Ipswich so let the city score!

Score City! Score!

Could I just say that if you had been threatened with ejection for singing that turgid "Sheffield''s a S*thole, I wanna go home" song endlessly then fair point by the steward - I have a sense of humour but I also live in Sheff - lol. 

Generally I felt our crowd were as off colour as the team were in the first half - although I confess that I felt probably like most there - by that I mean I always felt we were going to win but is that confidence a good enough reason not to get really behind the team even if the home fans were as dead as they were?

[quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]One of the stewards at brammall lane threatened to eject me from the ground because i was singing we f*cking love grant holt... he didnt seem to hear the other 2000 fans singing it as well. apparently some norwich fans in our area had complained about it. All i can say is stewards need to lighten up and if anyone goes to an away game and doesnt expect to hear swearing needs to wake up.[/quote] 

I think that song, if you can call it that, is appalling!  Why dont you wags create something that we can all humm along to?

I think that song, if you can call it that, is appalling!  Why dont you wags create something that we can all humm along to?

I didnt hear that song till right at the end so I can assure you it wasnt for that, I just thought it was madness that he said something to me when literally everyone around me was singing it aswell.

I agree we were a little bit quiet, but there wasnt too much encouragement from the performance

[quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]One of the stewards at brammall lane threatened to eject me from the ground because i was singing we f*cking love grant holt... he didnt seem to hear the other 2000 fans singing it as well. apparently some norwich fans in our area had complained about it. All i can say is stewards need to lighten up and if anyone goes to an away game and doesnt expect to hear swearing needs to wake up.[/quote]

[/quote] Okay hmmm.

Sung to the tune of `Dies Irae from Verdi’s Requiem`In G minor...The top terrace starts with a low hummmmm,while the 1st 4 rows of the lower barclay begins with a low "Hoooooooolt"  lasting 30 secs.and building into a crescendo...Follwed by all the females singing, "He`s the devils manhorse,but he aint no sinner"(now all the barritones joins in).."His only vice is,He hates all Biners!"...Now back to the top terrace humming,this time though, the soprano`s in the snakepit joins in with "Arrrrrrrrrrrrrs"

Then onto the 2nd movement,which is a work in progress :)

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

[quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]One of the stewards at brammall lane threatened to eject me from the ground because i was singing we f*cking love grant holt... he didnt seem to hear the other 2000 fans singing it as well. apparently some norwich fans in our area had complained about it. All i can say is stewards need to lighten up and if anyone goes to an away game and doesnt expect to hear swearing needs to wake up.[/quote] 

I think that song, if you can call it that, is appalling!  Why dont you wags create something that we can all humm along to?[/quote] Okay hmmm.

Sung to the tune of `Dies Irae from Verdi’s Requiem`In G minor...The top terrace starts with a low hummmmm,while the 1st 4 rows of the lower barclay begins with a low "Hoooooooolt"  lasting 30 secs.and building into a crescendo...Follwed by all the females singing, "He`s the devils manhorse,but he aint no sinner"(now all the barritones joins in).."His only vice is,He hates all Biners!"...Now back to the top terrace humming,this time though, the soprano`s in the snakepit joins in with "Arrrrrrrrrrrrrs"

[/quote]Blimey you are asking for a miracle to get that sung. 

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

I think that song, if you can call it that, is appalling!  Why dont you wags create something that we can all humm along to?[/quote] Okay hmmm.

[/quote]lolThere''s enough trouble getting the different sections of Barclay Lower to be on time with ''OTBC'' let alone anything more complex [:P]

that does sound a little harsh. I must admit I was getting a little cheesed off by 4 lads next to me that were giving it the "big ''un" to the away fans (we were within spitting distance of them). Now I don''t mind a bit of banter, but it was just families, kids, disabled people and old fella''s. If you''re going to dish out the less savoury stuff do it to the hard core fans, two girls and one man and his dog!

great result mind.

I thought the stewarding was fine at Bramall Lane.... The local bobbies and the stewards didn''t mind when some of the younger supporters stood slightly in the aisle at the front, so that they could see....(One or 2 younger supporters were also standing on their seats so they could see over the crowd, and the stewards didn''t bat an eyelid).....I suppose it depends on how one conducts oneself and reacts (or responds) to an instruction or a request - from those employed by the club to maintain safety for the supporters....There are jobsworths in all walks of life.....some of them are football supporters who take umbrage when they overstep the mark....when requested to refrain from what they are doing, saying or shouting.....Footballers will get cautioned or given a yellow or a red card......Naughty supporters get thrown out.....

[quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]so what youre trying to say is that it was me that did something wrong? even though i was doing the same thing as everyone else around me?[/quote]

Lemming is the word you are looking for.

We were on the front row (strangely Row D!) and had a chat with a couple of the stewards who were fine. It made me laugh when the security cordon appeared when Crofty banged in the winner, though!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]so what youre trying to say is that it was me that did something wrong? even though i was doing the same thing as everyone else around me?[/quote]

[/quote]Couldn''t agree with you more.

[quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]so what youre trying to say is that it was me that did something wrong? even though i was doing the same thing as everyone else around me?[/quote]Do you think a ''lemming'' is a citrus fruit.....of which a slice with some ice, complements a gin and tonic?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Or sheep....