Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Video/Goal highlights outside the UK?

Hi, i live in Singapore and use a VPN which takes my internet connection from singapore to Uk and back to singapore. This means i can watch the goals on the bbc website, watch the late kick off show on bbc iplayer aswell. you can go to www.strongvpn.com and i pay $60 a year to have it and it allows me to watch the goals, bonus!!!!! Its well worth the money.

hope this helps you out,

guy

google expat shield and download it for free, It then gives you a UK ip address so you can watch BBC iplayer. I am sure thats the only free VPN that uses UK ip addresses

Expat shield sounds good, might try that. I am currently using UK Proxy.TV. About a fiver p.m.. Not too difficult to instal but haven''t been able to get all the programmes they say - should be able to get Skyplayer but they were clever enough to suss that i''m not in the UK so blocked it. Have managed to get BBC iplayer & ITV iplayer but reception is intermittent - may be a local issue. BBC live/BBC iplayer said I needed Javascript & Adobe Flash both of which were already installed. Got there in the end. For other things are you using Filmon (for UK TV stations, about £19 p.m., but possibly free if you''re lucky) & myP2P, with Sopcast (or other similar things) for free live footie (i.e. anything being transmitted anywhere in the world). Sorry, you probably know all this already!

downloaded expat shield yesterday following Neil_MacLeod''s suggestion, and already reaping the benefits of having access to the bbc iplayer. Thanks. Also, the canary world player offers good highlights - having taken up the subscription again after an absence of a couple of years. Much better than before even if the live audio commentary is still as unreliable as ever! Always seem to manage to get canary call though! [;)]