Versatile yes but just a jack of all trades master of none I''m afraid.

Woud opposition defenders rate him as a real attacking threat? - I doubt it.

Would opposition midfielders expect him to boss the midfield? - I doubt it.

Would opposition attackers - especially wide on the left, expect him to be strong defensively? - I doubt it.

So there you have it - a player who isn''t really up to the grade in any area. An ok utility man for the bench perhaps, but in my view, not up to scratch for the Premiership.

Worthy. I can only agree with everything that you have said. I certainly don''t dislike Jonson, but some of the stuff here is quite amazing? Certainly not the player I recognize....

Thank you GPB.Just one more thing: Does it not strike everyone as odd that he apparently has so much quality, yet he was a 30 yr old who had never played outside the Scandinavian leagues until we signed him? Do people not think that if he does genuinely have this quality (which I''ve not seen yet), that he would have been picked up by a club in either Italy, Spain, England, Germany or Holland before now?

I''ve been unimpressed with Jonson far. I don''t think he''s either great or terrible. He''s just a bit workman-like isn''t he? Always passes it back or sideways and hardly ever looks to beat his man in a frustrating Rivers-esque way.