Sign in to follow this  
David Fox For England

Our Next Signing...

as inpatient as i might be i''m really wonderering wether another player is on his way.

nothing has been said by lambert and there hasn''t been any recent rumours that you may be able to class as true.

also whats happening with bennett? as the press have gone quiet about it.

i''m also guessing that michael brown is out of the equation..?

Local press in Brighton are not being allowed to talk to Bennett according to their web chat this afternoon , if he is coming to us i would expect him to be left out of the Brighton squad tonight . Still think we need somebody to stick the ball in the net , one striker not scoring is not to much of a worry but 3 not being able to find the net may see us drop out of the picture.

Probably surprise everyone.  The Canny Scot doesn''t give much away.  Personally with all the teams around us firing in ghouls, i would rather like to see a proven striker but we shall see.

[quote user="Wxyz"]Local press in Brighton are not being allowed to talk to Bennett according to their web chat this afternoon , if he is coming to us i would expect him to be left out of the Brighton squad tonight . Still think we need somebody to stick the ball in the net , one striker not scoring is not to much of a worry but 3 not being able to find the net may see us drop out of the picture.
[/quote]

Interesting but doesn''t confirm anything yet. He may not be allowed to speak due to our ongoing attemptsof signing him, really hope we do though).

It''s tough to call because do we really need another midfielder and does lambert really view Wilbraham as the answer to our goal drought from the strikers?The thing that Bennett will bring is assists. He''s got what, 22 so far this season or something ridiculous like that? But what good is having someone to put the ball in the box if there''s people in the box that can''t score at the moment?Perhaps the introduction of Bennett will see our current strikers start to score again? Or do we need both Bennett and a new striker to get on the end of his passes?Or do we have a good enough midfield that we would benefit best from a "big name signing" striker?

but do we already have assists in hoolahan and lansbury. plus we would have to gamble on another league 1 striker as our money wouldn''t buy a proven championship striker.

i would love to see bennett at the club but we desperately need another out and out goalscorer to partner holty!

[quote user="David Fox For England"]but do we already have assists in hoolahan and lansbury. plus we would have to gamble on another league 1 striker as our money wouldn''t buy a proven championship striker.

i would love to see bennett at the club but we desperately need another out and out goalscorer to partner holty![/quote]Actually in terms of assists both Wes and Henri have 1 each and I don''t think Wes came anywhere near that ammount of assists even last season. I personally think we have good enough strikers for this level It''s just that both Martin and Jackson are off form/ haven''t stepped up yet. It''s just a matter of patience (I know it sounds wierd saying that when we''ve passed the halfway point but *shrugs*)

that is an astonishing stat!

without thinking about it i would be quick to say that they are the players with the most. despite that i think wes is defo at the heart of every attack- even if he has only the 1 assist.

therefore i still don''t think we need somebody who can bring 20 odd assists into the team but somebody up the top who can find the net as well or even better than holty.

even if we rarely score more than 2 goals a game i still think we have what it takes to go all the way because of the way that the whole team is contributing to us scoring.

but with just a little more firepower we will defo do it!

I belive even if we do sign bennt we could do with a goalscorer we can depend on holt to score all the time and if he is out for a few games then i dont see the other strikers really doing anything, not sure what type of striker we need?? big or small mayb someone like Danny graham from Watford or someone like Shane Long from Reading. both proven at this level both having good seasons.

[quote user="David Fox For England"]that is an astonishing stat!

without thinking about it i would be quick to say that they are the players with the most. despite that i think wes is defo at the heart of every attack- even if he has only the 1 assist.

therefore i still don''t think we need somebody who can bring 20 odd assists into the team but somebody up the top who can find the net as well or even better than holty.

even if we rarely score more than 2 goals a game i still think we have what it takes to go all the way because of the way that the whole team is contributing to us scoring.

but with just a little more firepower we will defo do it![/quote]Not disagreeing Wes is at the heart of every attack he just doesn''t get assists! The idea of a ''twenty goal a season striker'' always baffled me as I never judge a player on his previous outings for example according to that logic Holt should never play above a League 1 level and neither should Jackson. I do agree about getting a new striker (but I''d prefer Bennet) but if we do get a striker he needs to be a poacher e.g. Gary Lineker with a knack for appearing in the right place at the right time.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="David Fox For England"]that is an astonishing stat!

but with just a little more firepower we will defo do it![/quote]Not disagreeing Wes is at the heart of every attack he just doesn''t get assists! The idea of a ''twenty goal a season striker'' always baffled me as I never judge a player on his previous outings for example according to that logic Holt should never play above a League 1 level and neither should Jackson. I do agree about getting a new striker (but I''d prefer Bennet) but if we do get a striker he needs to be a poacher e.g. Gary Lineker with a knack for appearing in the right place at the right time. [/quote]

exactly! a goal poacher- but i''d defo be happy with mr bennett as from what i''ve seen he looks class.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="David Fox For England"]that is an astonishing stat!

but with just a little more firepower we will defo do it![/quote]Not disagreeing Wes is at the heart of every attack he just doesn''t get assists! The idea of a ''twenty goal a season striker'' always baffled me as I never judge a player on his previous outings for example according to that logic Holt should never play above a League 1 level and neither should Jackson. I do agree about getting a new striker (but I''d prefer Bennet) but if we do get a striker he needs to be a poacher e.g. Gary Lineker with a knack for appearing in the right place at the right time. [/quote]

Someone like Kevin Phillips?? possible loan deal, i know he is gettin on but he has always seemed to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time?