Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

The Gray and Keys Comments

[quote user="The Walking Man "]These comments have been blown way out of context, what was said was a joke between two mates and thats it. Blimey some of the stuff i''ve heard and said is far worse than this but it''s called being tongue in cheek. And before anone says it might have upset the lino or whatever, what they said was a joke between themselves. Get over it.[/quote]Actually my first reaction was , how on earth did this get blown out of proportion or reported on national tv ?Im guessing someone in the production crew was offended by it or Germaine Greer just happened to be there ?

Just wait for Harriet Harperson to get involved now! Christ she''s an absolute witch. People like Brady and HH do so much bad for womens rights and equality despite flying the flag for doing good. They are too stupid to realise they are perpetuating sexism in men. They even skate along the sexist borderline themselves. They embarrass so many women with their pointless bra-burning for pointless point scoring. Brady would have been far better to have dismissed it publicly as being two old stalwarts sharing an ill-advised joke and nothing more. She would have gained more respect and made some people see that by taking the higher ground she was giving female officials more credence, not less. I''m sure the official is not best pleased with her attempts to whip up a sexism in football storm. I''m sure she''s more than aware already of it''s existence!!!

As for the Brady question earlier - not even with yours mate - I''d rather do Beckham! I think a lot of heterosexual men would probably agree.

She''s probably take you to court if you gave her an orgasm less than 10 seconds in length!

actually Nexus - you raise a good point about Germaine Greer! She is one of few feminists to have made a difference and to have commanded respect doing it. She does so by being incredibly intelligent, not blowing things out of proportion and by not leaping on the smallest of things, but rather dismissing them as being of no importance. She would undoubtedly do exactly that if asked about this subject. She might well highlight the fact that Gray and Stelling are the ones left looking foolish, not the official.

First things first...Karen Brady,yes without a doubt i would rather be on her than a week of nights.

What surprises me so far about this thread is the lack of posts from Kathy,City Angel and WAY 49.Girls i will keep my powder dry and give you the opportunity to outline or views.Some on here would ask that you explain the offside rule but i would not be so cruel.[:P]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Marty"].....plus, let''s be realistic here, she will get a load of abuse worse than that, just like every linesman in the country week in / week out. So it''s fine to call a male linesman a effing C word but make a joke about a woman not understanding the offside rule makes you some sort of dinosaur.[/quote]

Credit to her, she got the offside call bang on ( and her boobs bounced very nicely )
Now... what if she had gotten that call wrong ?
How would we be reviewing that now ????

And your spot on Marty, if the worst she is going to get as a footy official is the age old women and offside joke then she is laughing !!!
Frankly ( its not right no !! before someone whines ) she is going to get far more abuse because shes a female lino than if she was a male lino. And im sure the young pettle would not be doing it if she could not handle it !!
All power and respect to her  !! If she continues to make calls like the one the other day then we need 5 more of her and a few of her ref mates  to boot.

And come on boys, Id love to have some boobs bouncing up and down during the game even if its in a ref / lino shirt.

Also how long until a player says " distracted by the lineswoman" as an exuse for missing a sitter ! :)
[/quote]

If she''d got it wrong and been wearing a sports bra then Marty, Then what would you think?

I''m sure we recently had a female referees assistant and I actually thought she was very good, the biggest compliment I could pay her was after about the first 5 mins I forgot she was there.

If they are qualified and have passed all the qualifications and fitness tests then I say good on them.

Was playing devils advocate with the "what if she got it wrong comment"And spot on about Germaine Greer, a feminist you can respect, she would as said, undoubtably be laughing this off saying the real losers here are Gray and Keys !

Some of you should be ashamed with your comments!  Flippin disgraceful[:@]

First we get that woman ''commentator'' on the beeb, who wrecked the Norwich v Cardiff highlights the other week.  Then we get this ''linesman'' woman and to top it all the new Stig is a funkin woman as well![:@]

What''s their game?[:@][:^)]  They''re taking over everything that belongs to us men.

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_f0bvyZMrZ9k/TOCfsEh3tpI/AAAAAAAAF50/yL5mmD90QQM/s1600/women+know+your+place.png[/IMG]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Some of you should be ashamed with your comments!  Flippin disgraceful[:@]

First we get that woman ''commentator'' on the beeb, who wrecked the Norwich v Cardiff highlights the other week.  Then we get this ''linesman'' woman and to top it all the new Stig is a funkin woman as well![:@]

What''s their game?[:@][:^)]  They''re taking over everything that belongs to us men.

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_f0bvyZMrZ9k/TOCfsEh3tpI/AAAAAAAAF50/yL5mmD90QQM/s1600/women+know+your+place.png[/IMG]

[/quote]How does she fare on roundabouts ?I hope that they show comedy blooper parts, like when she trys to turn left in glorious sunshine with no indicators and windscreen wipers blazing !

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]How does she fare on roundabouts ?I hope that they show comedy blooper parts, like when she trys to turn left in glorious sunshine with no indicators and windscreen wipers blazing ![/quote]LMFAO!!!!

Instead of suspending them from tonights Sky game i think they should be made to appear on Loose Women.That mob of frustrated middle aged old biddies will show them what sexist remarks are all about.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Instead of suspending them from tonights Sky game i think they should be made to appear on Loose Women.That mob of frustrated middle aged old biddies will show them what sexist remarks are all about.[;)][/quote]That program just makes me wonder why women were given an opinion in the first place !!

If men can manage and ref womens games then why can''t the opposite happen? Womens football is a serious business here in Sweden, and I don''t mind watching either!

I think this womens equality thong is great. Am refereeing an Under 25 Ladies Aerobics international tomorrow night. Don''t have a clue about the rules - but it should be fun!!

Wonder what would have been said if she had made the no penalty call in the Blackburn/WBA match. The male ref & linesman both managed to miss the fact that the forward was in the penalty area but I don''t recall any sniggering retorts

[quote user="vos"]I think this womens equality thong is great. Am refereeing an Under 25 Ladies Aerobics international tomorrow night. Don''t have a clue about the rules - but it should be fun!![/quote]

Yes, it is, however, I prefer it on women.

Storm in a D cup or something.[;)]

My genuine concern is what fast track system got a 25 year old officiating  a Premier game whatever sex they may be.

[quote user="The Butler"]

My genuine concern is what fast track system got a 25 year old officiating  a Premier game whatever sex they may be.

[/quote]

Oh God we now have ageism showing its ugly head.[:)]

From the reports I''ve read, it wasn''t transmitted live but revealed by someone who obviously wanted to make a few £s and, maybe, get their own back on the two who made the comments. Else they have a bee in their bonnet about something.I''m sure loads of guys would have made similar comments when she was announced.That''s not to say I condone what was said - those two should know by now, with all their commentating experience, when microphones are on or off - but it was clearly a private joke between the two commentators.It''s a sad day when you cannot have a private joke between pals.Ultimately, she proved she was capable of running the line and making correct decisions and, surely, that''s what we want to see in football. The sex of the officials is irrelevant; their decision-making during the game is what counts.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]From the reports I''ve read, it wasn''t transmitted live but revealed by someone who obviously wanted to make a few £s and, maybe, get their own back on the two who made the comments. Else they have a bee in their bonnet about something.

I''m sure loads of guys would have made similar comments when she was announced.

That''s not to say I condone what was said - those two should know by now, with all their commentating experience, when microphones are on or off - but it was clearly a private joke between the two commentators.

It''s a sad day when you cannot have a private joke between pals.

Ultimately, she proved she was capable of running the line and making correct decisions and, surely, that''s what we want to see in football.

The sex of the officials is irrelevant; their decision-making during the game is what counts.

[/quote]

Decision making by women!!!!!! oh please stop it WITS.[:#]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Instead of suspending them from tonights Sky game i think they should be made to appear on Loose Women.That mob of frustrated middle aged old biddies will show them what sexist remarks are all about.[;)][/quote]

I wouldn''t mind appearing on a few Loose Women.

When can that start please?

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

I think your concern is misplaced. After all, it has produced a shining example in young Mr. Oliver, has it not?

My thoughts for what they''re worth.

1. The comments themselves are embarrasing and completely unbecoming of supposed professionals. Anyone who has listened to them will have noted that this was clearly not just ''a joke between two mates'' as their tone is quite serious. Richard Keys and Andy Gray do not believe that this particular assistant referee can possibly understand the offside rule because she is a woman. Anybody who seriously wants to defend that view is a flicking idiot.

2. The idea that this was ''a private conversation'', ''a joke between two mates'' or ''no worse than what you hear in the pub'' is a complete misnomer. The comments were made whilst they were working for Sky. If I were to sit at my desk and give the opinion that my boss was incapable of doing her job because she was too busy thinking about shoes then I suspect I would find myself in a spot of bother. This is really no different.

3. Men really need to stop fetishising the offside rule. It''s really not that difficult to understand. I hate to break it to you lads but some women understand maths and science and stuff better than you too.

4. Sky are currently trying to rebrand their service and sell to new customers. Sky Atlantic is aimed at a different customer than Sky Sports and they have been pushing Sky Arts heavily over the last six months or so in the broadsheets. They obviously realise that the average Guardian reader who may be tempted to subscribe to watch Mad Men is going to react differently than the average Sun reader who is subscribing for the football. Sky Atlantic launches next week. Keys and Gray have picked a very bad week to act like dinosaurs.

5. Andy Gray should have been sacked for his ''Could Lionel Messi perform on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke'' comments. The man is an idiot.

6. Karen Brady? No, I wouldn''t [;)]

In the grand scheme of the world, what a ridiculous over reaction. Its comedy sexism about a subject that has been a long running joke.Nobody died and no one got pregnant, we should all just try and move on with our lives lol.Oh and, yeah, I reckon I would.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]In the grand scheme of the world, what a ridiculous over reaction. Its comedy sexism about a subject that has been a long running joke.

[/quote]

Except it clearly wasn''t meant as a joke. See above.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="morty"]In the grand scheme of the world, what a ridiculous over reaction. Its comedy sexism about a subject that has been a long running joke.

[/quote]

Except it clearly wasn''t meant as a joke. See above.

[/quote]Well I guess that you have an insight into the context intended by the pair of them that I don''t have.But, seriously, so what? People need to seriously man (or woman) the hell up.

I think the biggest issue here is the inappropriate way female officals dress - pleated hockey skirts and the top 3 buttons of the shirts undone and they can run up and down in front of me for 90 mins.....

As far as ability''s concerned, they''ve got to be better than the useless, arrogant male officials we all have to put up with every week

[quote user="morty"]

Well I guess that you have an insight into the context intended by the pair of them that I don''t have.
[/quote]

All I''ve done is listen to the recording. If it had stopped at Andy Gray saying that ''somebody better get down there and explain the offside rule to her'' then I would agree that it was meant as a joke. Although not a very funny one it has to be said. But they keep going. Picking more and more female targets and sounding more and more bitter as the recording progresses. The end line (''Do me a favour love'') is just pathetic. In fact Keys'' role in the whole conversation is cringeworthy in the extreme. Like the unpopular kid who sucks up to the bully at school in the hope that he''ll avoid a beating he is just so keen to be in Andy Gray''s gang. Have you watched Monday Night Football recently Morty? It''s like a weird football based Brokeback Mountain [;)]

[quote user="morty"]
But, seriously, so what? People need to seriously man (or woman) the hell up.
[/quote]

What does that even mean. They f*cked up and we''re talking about it. I don''t see anybody getting too upset.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="morty"]Well I guess that you have an insight into the context intended by the pair of them that I don''t have.[/quote]

All I''ve done is listen to the recording. If it had stopped at Andy Gray saying that ''somebody better get down there and explain the offside rule to her'' then I would agree that it was meant as a joke. Although not a very funny one it has to be said. But they keep going. Picking more and more female targets and sounding more and more bitter as the recording progresses. The end line (''Do me a favour love'') is just pathetic. In fact Keys'' role in the whole conversation is cringeworthy in the extreme. Like the unpopular kid who sucks up to the bully at school in the hope that he''ll avoid a beating he is just so keen to be in Andy Gray''s gang. Have you watched Monday Night Football recently Morty? It''s like a weird football based Brokeback Mountain [;)]

[quote user="morty"]But, seriously, so what? People need to seriously man (or woman) the hell up.[/quote]

What does that even mean. They f*cked up and we''re talking about it. I don''t see anybody getting too upset.

[/quote]I just think the whole thing smacks of cuddly society not daring to speak out of line. Making them sit on the naughty step and apologise like its a big deal I just find all a bit pathetic. Every comfortable shoe wearing feminist will be frothing herself up into a frenzy over how the evil male oppressors practically raped her. I bet the loose women hags have a field day with this lol.No, I haven''t watched Monday night footy in ages, they always seem to be rubbish games!If women want to make some kind of point by taking a role in a male dominated profession, then they have to accept that its going to be difficult. And now the FA has been inundated with women applying to be linespersons, give me strength.[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/emailjokes_c_45962_1-Offside_rule.jpg[/IMG]