Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Andy Gray sacked !!

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="First Wizard"]

I''m gutted over this, and over a ruddy woman.

Top guy imo and Sky''s lost, sad. [:(]

[/quote]I''m with Wiz on this one.PC gone mad.[/quote]

I agree. Definitely OTT, just like when Carole Thatcher got her marching orders for the Golliwog incident. Somebody wanted Gray out, maybe for career reasons IMO.

[/quote]Sorry Paul, can''t agree.  Absolutely delighted to get the useless t**t off our screens.  Now if someone has some incriminating footage of Andy Townsend, bring it on!!![/quote]

I''m amazed you''re still able to post here after your sexist comments to WITS last week...... [:D]

[/quote]She loves it!!!  [;)]

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="First Wizard"]

I''m gutted over this, and over a ruddy woman.

Top guy imo and Sky''s lost, sad. [:(]

[/quote]

I''m with Wiz on this one.

PC gone mad.
[/quote]

I agree. Definitely OTT, just like when Carole Thatcher got her marching orders for the Golliwog incident. Somebody wanted Gray out, maybe for career reasons IMO.

[/quote]

Sorry Paul, can''t agree.  Absolutely delighted to get the useless t**t off our screens.  Now if someone has some incriminating footage of Andy Townsend, bring it on!!!
[/quote]

I''m amazed you''re still able to post here after your sexist comments to WITS last week...... [:D]

[/quote]

She loves it!!!  [;)]
[/quote]

That''s what Andy said to HR.....  [:D]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="AJ"]A boom has a microphone on the end of it, so, technically, it is still a microphone [:P][/quote]Now that is just splitting hairs AJ [;)][/quote].....and you''re certainly spoilt for choice on one of those things.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="Lord Horn"]Thank you my dear.  Now will you be wearing the red underwear at the Millwall match??? [;)][/quote]

Sssh! That''s supposed to be our secret. Now everyone knows [:$]
[/quote]

Would that be the red underwear you were wearing under your little black number after the last home game WITS?[;)]

Now,now my Lord as Jim Royle would say....secret my arse.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]What I wore under my LBD was not red TIL1010[/quote]Were you wearing any? [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/drool2-1.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="Carra Rud"]As he would say:

"Take a P45 son".
[/quote]

Thanks, Carra, I needed a good laugh and that hit the spot! 

[quote user="7rew"]ncfc4life, you literally missed an opportunity to literally call him Jamie literally Redknapp.[/quote][Y]Excellent news (the sacking of Andy Gray and not the thought of Jamie Redknapp literally lighting up our screens on a more regular basis obviously). Now if only Hansen and Lawrenson can get caught making an unsavoury rape joke at half time tonight and Andy Townsend accidentally pinches the arse of attractive young ITV worker at the weekend we will have had a decent week.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Oh do read the full post before commenting, if you cant discover the context yourself then kindly dont follow up !
[/quote]

I can read and have ''discovered'' the incredibly erudite and complex context that you allude to [:D] my point is that I think Rude Old makes a very good point and you''ve counter-argued by comparing oranges with apples - is that okay by you [:)]  

[/quote]

Well your wrong then :)
[/quote]

And for a teacher you can''t spell ''you''re'' [:D]

[quote user="macdougals perm"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Oh do read the full post before commenting, if you cant discover the context yourself then kindly dont follow up ![/quote]

I can read and have ''discovered'' the incredibly erudite and complex context that you allude to [:D] my point is that I think Rude Old makes a very good point and you''ve counter-argued by comparing oranges with apples - is that okay by you [:)]  

[/quote]Well your wrong then :)[/quote]

[/quote]Needless use of hyphens and you have interupted your text with smiley faces.miss quote ''discover'' not discoveredRun on sentencing you should have suplemented one of the ''and'' for a commaFull stop after the to instead of the smiley, capital on ''My''you''ve is bad english also, should have said you haveQuestion mark to finish a sentence

You pedantic  [img]http://www.cleulow.com/mediac/400_0/media/DIR_109/Blue~part~cock.jpg[/img]

Gray is a misogynist dinosaur and a total nob. Can''t help feeling the News Corp hierarchy ''let it be so'' that he got the boot, but in this case, i really don''t care.

Whoever posted here that he is "too important to football" is badly deluded! Lets see how football gets on without him shall we!? I''m sure games will be cancelled, competitions suspended and matches boycotted!

Glad he''s gone arrogant tw@t, by the way dont think he played in 75 macdougalls perm,think you''re muddling him with Ray Graydon.

Apparently a further video has now been leaked featuring Richard Keys [:O]Sky should sack him too and replace with James Richardson. And rather than literally replace Gray with literally another ex-pro like Jamie ''Literally'' Redknapp they should bring in a journo who is far enough removed from the game to not suck up to Stevie, Frank and Co. Someone like Gabriele Marcotti would be a good start but I would like to see that particular role rotated to get some fresh views each week.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Apparently a further video has now been leaked featuring Richard Keys [:O]Sky should sack him too and replace with James Richardson. And rather than literally replace Gray with literally another ex-pro like Jamie ''Literally'' Redknapp they should bring in a journo who is far enough removed from the game to not suck up to Stevie, Frank and Co. Someone like Gabriele Marcotti would be a good start but I would like to see that particular role rotated to get some fresh views each week.[/quote]Marcotti!!!!!!  [:|]  I want to shout at the radio everytime I hear him on 606.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="macdougals perm"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Oh do read the full post before commenting, if you cant discover the context yourself then kindly dont follow up !
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Needless use of hyphens and you have interupted your text with smiley faces.
miss quote ''discover'' not discovered
Run on sentencing you should have suplemented one of the ''and'' for a comma
Full stop after the to instead of the smiley, capital on ''My''
you''ve is bad english also, should have said you have
Question mark to finish a sentence

You pedantic 
[img]http://www.cleulow.com/mediac/400_0/media/DIR_109/Blue~part~cock.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Hahah - that obviously hit the mark then [:D]

Interrupted  [:)]

mis-quote - extra ''s'' and, ironically, you''ve missed the hyphen [:)]

supplemented [:)]

plural ''ands'' surely [:)]

Fine on an informal message board I feel [:)]

Anyway, was only supposed to be a bit of fun - we''re all City fans [Y]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="macdougals perm"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Needless use of hyphens and you have interupted your text with smiley faces.
miss quote ''discover'' not discovered
Run on sentencing you should have suplemented one of the ''and'' for a comma
Full stop after the to instead of the smiley, capital on ''My''
you''ve is bad english also, should have said you have
Question mark to finish a sentence

You pedantic 
[img]http://www.cleulow.com/mediac/400_0/media/DIR_109/Blue~part~cock.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Hahah - that obviously hit the mark then [:D]

Interrupted  [:)]

mis-quote - extra ''s'' and, ironically, you''ve missed the hyphen [:)]

supplemented [:)]

plural ''ands'' surely [:)]

Fine on an informal message board I feel [:)]

Anyway, was only supposed to be a bit of fun - we''re all City fans [Y]

[quote user="canarygirl"]What absolute tosh, the world has gone mad!  It`s no wonder we are no longer a great country.[/quote]What has the sacking of Andy Gray got to do with the decline of Britain as a world power?

This is bullshit. Theres more to this than meets the eye, it sounds like they wanted shot of him and this is the excuse they needed.

Andy Grey is currently going to court with the news of the world due to allegations of Phone Hacking. Coincidence that he goes against one part of Murdoch''s empire and is sacked form another? No wonder the tape was ''leaked''

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Shack Attack"]Apparently a further video has now been leaked featuring Richard Keys [:O]

Sky should sack him too and replace with James Richardson. And rather than literally replace Gray with literally another ex-pro like Jamie ''Literally'' Redknapp they should bring in a journo who is far enough removed from the game to not suck up to Stevie, Frank and Co. Someone like Gabriele Marcotti would be a good start but I would like to see that particular role rotated to get some fresh views each week.
[/quote]

Marcotti!!!!!!  [:|]  I want to shout at the radio everytime I hear him on 606.
[/quote]

You may find him annoying but at least he''s well informed. The identity of Grays repleacement isn''t really the issue for me though. What I''m saying is that I would like for it to not be another ex-player. This ridiculous idea that you have to have played football at the highest level in order to comment on it really needs to be eradicated from our TV coverage.

As I''ve already posted on this thread there are loads of articles online written by people who have never played the game professionally that are a hundred times more insightful than anything that has ever come out Andy Gray''s mouth. Much like the fanzines that appeared in the eighties to give an alternative view of fandom away from the stereotypical image of thuggery and hooliganism it is blogs that now providing a more critical view of the game away from the mainstream. The likes Sky and the BBC are so far up the arses of The Premiership, and the big clubs in particular, that they are never going to criticise ''the product''. I can''t find the article online at the moment but I once read a piece where Andy Gray said that it was his job to stick up for and promote The Premiership. You''re never going to get informed and impatial comment when the pundits are merely cheerleaders for The Premiership.

If you want comment and debate which is a little more intelligent than the output from TV then this list of [url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/dec/31/100-football-blogs-to-follow-2011?INTCMP=SRCH]100 football blogs[/url] is a good place to start.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Surely if you made a sexist comment in the workplace about the abilities of the opposite sex at her job and it was reported  you''d be disciplined for it. If you subsequently did it again, there would certainly be the threat of the sack.[/quote]

This is absolutely correct - like it or not, those are the employment laws around discrimination. Gray left Sky with little option I''m afraid.

[quote user="vinny 67"]Glad he''s gone arrogant tw@t, by the way dont think he played in 75 macdougalls perm,think you''re muddling him with Ray Graydon.[/quote]

I think you''re right. Doh! [:)]

[quote user="Gareth"]Andy Grey is currently going to court with the news of the world due to allegations of Phone Hacking. Coincidence that he goes against one part of Murdoch''s empire and is sacked form another? No wonder the tape was ''leaked''
[/quote]

Indeed. This looks more and more like a case of constructive/malicious dismissal. It will hinge on whether Charlotte agrees that his comments were ''office banter'' ie: the norm that just went a bit too far (as I believe) or deeply offensive, and if there was a problem here, did she complain. Who will she back, I wonder.... her employers or her colleague ?  A written warning would have sufficed IMO.

I have also read on another BB that Gray has been involved in getting other colleagues sacked, so it would appear that this action has been malicious.

"This ridiculous idea that you have to have played football at the highest level in order to comment on it really needs to be eradicated from our TV coverage."

Hear hear. Couldn''t agree more!

That attitude, amongst numerous ex-players, Managers etc (Roeder was one!) completely arrogant and elitist, its like they can''t deal with that fact that, in many cases, they aren''t involved in the game anymore, so put themselves on a new pedestal by claiming only they can comment about it!

Some of the views on here are as erudite and interesting as many I have heard from Andy Gray-and yes, when he first came onto the scene, he was a breath of fresh air and I enjoyed his input. But the ego took over and landed big time, and he just became irritating with his little sayings and "holier than thou" approach.

Seconded on James Richardson as well, he''d be a great choice.

As it is, I prefer Jake to Gary Lineker as a host on the BBC already.

I''m very much in the minority here but I will actually miss Andy Gray working on Sky. I have grown up with him always being there on Sky Sports and although he is''nt the greatest pundit in the world and talks a lot of rubbish I think Sky will be a worse off place without him. Some of his commentary is also very memorable, the Gerrard goal in the champions league springs to mind. For me, it''s a shame and would be a bit like changing the MOTD theme tune. Not that I will lose any sleep over it though, I''ll have probably forgotten who he was in a couple of months!

I''m gutted for him. He''s a good guy and he''s clearly been set up. This kind of banter goes on in every studio across every channel. You could find video''s of every presenter out there. The stuff about the lino was recorded on a talk back mic which are never recorded. - seems to me that someone might have been told to record it. Just my opinion. What he said was wrong but he''s not being serious. All of them say the same. Only last week before all this happened I was with a high profile player who was saying worse about women in football. It was off the record but it goes to show... it''s just banter. This person is one of many to have come out since the sound bite was released saying it was terrible for Gray to say what he did. I guess it will be a lesson for them all that you sound never say anything like that when mics are around.