Sign in to follow this  
Ayrton Twigge

Despite everything else....

.....I was mega-impressed by Ashton on saturday.

Looks like a great buy - for someone coming into a new team and into the Premiership, he took it easily within his stride. Whats all this about greater fitness and the step up - he worked tirelessly all afternoon.

Seems to have it all for me - head, great shot in both feet, good hold up play and an eye for goal.

Will turn out to be our best buy for years.

Too early to go overboard really, but I agree - looks like the nearest thing to Chris Sutton since.... Chris Sutton.

Yeah, I was impressed with him. He looks big and strong but athletic with it. Gave us more threat up front than we''ve had in weeks.

I was also hugely impressed with him, as u say he looks to have it all and he will get even better.  Even though he has only played 2 games for us he has already shown he is quality and is proof that u get what u pay for.

If Henry had taken a goal like that we would still be watching replays of it on every football programme. Skill, composure, led the line well and not afraid to have a pop from distance. Early days, but very encouraging.