Sign in to follow this  
Ncfc33

Should we take a chance on Adam le Fondre

IMO he could play at a higher level, the thing with him is he seems to be in the right place at the right time to finish. A gift that isn''t usually affected by which League your playing in.

I certainly wouldn''t complain if we signed him.

I think he is worth a punt! could prob get him for around 500k!? He has scored many more league goals than cody all be it in the lower leagues and normally what happens is that other clubs gamble on them and they turn out to be good signings! PL has stated that there may be only one more potential signing over the next few days!!! lets hope it happens sooner rather than later! do hope its a striker tho!

In a recent match he was substituted early because Ronnie Moore felt that he wasn''t going to score, and replaced him with Tim Pope who basically is a battering ram type player.  Alf (as he''s nicknamed) didn''t like that much and walked off in a strop and let everyone know that he was p8ssed off.  Yesterday Ronnie bought his own son to play for him.  Reading between the lines Alf could either be on his way to another club, or could be heading for obscurity.  Thus bit of a risk I reckon.  Unless the deal is done!

I''ve seen for the past few seasons. And he has always been top scorer! Would be a welcome addition to a blessed team otbc

I think we should take a chance on Wayne Rooney....

He''s not in best of form at the moment, but i''m sure next to Grant Holt he might get back to his best.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Whats the difference between him and cody Mac? He''s banging the goals in for a weaker team....???[/quote]Or Simeon Jackson for that matter....IMO - If we''re going to get a striker in the next few days (and I don''t think we will) it needs to be someone who''s done it at this level before. Otherwise, its just going to add depth to the squad, rather than strength.

I don''t think it would be a gamble, Le Fondre has scored goals regularly for every club he has been at, and he is only 24 (I thought he was older). It is only a matter of time before he is playing at a higher level - I''m actually surprised he isn''t at e moment anyway.

If we could get him for anything less than £500,000 he would be worth a look.

I don''t think so. If Martin and Jackson aren''t scoring goals for fun at this level I doubt that Alfie would.

I''m sure plenty of clubs have had a look at him and yet he''s still down there with Rotherham. I''d be surprised if he ever does better than lower end of the Championship.

I would imagine Rotherham are holding out to try and get as much for him as possible, he is clearly too good for League One and therefore deserves a shot at a higher division. You can''t say just because Martin and Jackson haven''t scored regularly, that Le Fondre wouldn''t. Holt hadn''t performed miracles in this division until this season.

[quote user="Largey"]I would imagine Rotherham are holding out to try and get as much for him as possible, he is clearly too good for League One and therefore deserves a shot at a higher division. You can''t say just because Martin and Jackson haven''t scored regularly, that Le Fondre wouldn''t. Holt hadn''t performed miracles in this division until this season.[/quote]

Really? Rotherham are a League 2 club, how much do they think they''re going to get for him?

Maybe someone would take a punt on him for a small fee but I guess he''s more important to Rotherham than the kind of money they could get for him.

I''ve seen him play and I just don''t think he''s anything more than a lightweight lower league scorer.