Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

SWP

[quote user="Northamptonncfc"]http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/23/shaun-wright-phillips-manchester-city-contract

According this he was on £60,000 a week! Shocking that some mug would pay him those wages and well out of our budget range anyway.[/quote]In the way this story has been written, the notion that such a deal could happen is absurd, no two ways about it.However, critical thinking would lead one to the conclusion that this has the potential to come to fruition. The definitive reasons Bellamy was offloaded were that the 25 man squad limitation couldn''t accommodate him, Manchester City were willing to make a financial exception for the sake of avoiding supporting immediate competition, and that a frustrated underplayed player is of no help to the club in the dressing room, or on the training ground, let alone a frustrated underplayed Craig Bellamy.Up until Shaun is sold to Fulham, there is the distinct possibility that they''ll look to have him offloaded to a club outside the Premier League until the end of the season to keep all parties financially, emotionally, and competitively content, much like the Bellamy situation. A loan abroad may not seem practical for either the club, nor player, and as the likes of Yakubu and Bellamy have shown, if the money remains, and for whatever reason, the club is right (Sven being the former; home town Cardiff being the latter), the concept of dropping down a level can easily be overlooked.Should this culminate in the way i''ve offhandedly anticipated, this will leave Shaun and Manchester City with a berth of offers from Championship clubs, where a list of factors will be considered (i.e. preferable option of club/s for the former; proportion of wages taken on for the latter - i''d suggest that that could be anywhere from £7/8,000 mark to £20,000).Shaun takes a lot of influence from his Dad Ian, and as has been said, his father speaks rather highly of the current regime. If he thinks highly enough of us, there is every chance Ian will go on to convince Shaun that a brief spell at a place like Norwich in preparation for next seasons Premier League, rather than a place on the Manchester City bench (if that), is the most appropriate move for him at this stage of his career. The club is playing the right football, it''s performing successfully, with his input he could finish the season with some glory, or even silverware, and for whatever reason, he could be endeared to us, and that alone could mean everything if a deal is to be done.

He has been seen going into Carrow Road with his agent tonight. I know you won''t believe me but its true. Will be fantastic in the championship, we have no chance of signing him permanantly in the summer, but he may well help us get to the prem :)

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"]He has been seen going into Carrow Road with his agent tonight. I know you won''t believe me but its true. Will be fantastic in the championship, we have no chance of signing him permanantly in the summer, but he may well help us get to the prem :)[/quote]

I don''t believe you. Prove your theory.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Northamptonncfc"]http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/23/shaun-wright-phillips-manchester-city-contract According this he was on £60,000 a week! Shocking that some mug would pay him those wages and well out of our budget range anyway.[/quote]Mam city are paying ALL of Bellamys wages, why wouldnt they stump up most if not all in a simular deal???[/quote]Man City, sorry typo[:$][/quote]I liked the Mam City, they are a bunch of tits. [:)]

Obviously haven''t got a clue about this, but I think SWP has the potential to be a huge (!) player for us. His confidence has been shot by bad management over the last few years, & I think Lambert''s man-management skills, plus the superb team spirit, could lift him right back up again.An unlikely, but intriguing, possibility.

Is anyone else a bit concerned that if we do bring in SWP, aswell as the fact we have brought in Lansbury, where this leaves our other midfielders who have all been performing very well...we can''t have a bench full of midfielders, would rather we got a loan striker

[quote user="canary_girl"]Is anyone else a bit concerned that if we do bring in SWP, aswell as the fact we have brought in Lansbury, where this leaves our other midfielders who have all been performing very well...we can''t have a bench full of midfielders, would rather we got a loan striker[/quote]Loan strikers of top quality are pretty tin on the ground. SWP''s goal scoring record is actually pretty good - & all at the top level. Get him performing again & he''d tear defences apart & Holt & Martin would reap the rewards.

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"]He has been seen going into Carrow Road with his agent tonight. I know you won''t believe me but its true. Will be fantastic in the championship, we have no chance of signing him permanantly in the summer, but he may well help us get to the prem :)
[/quote]

source?

[quote user="canary_girl"]

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"]He has been seen going into Carrow Road with his agent tonight. I know you won''t believe me but its true. Will be fantastic in the championship, we have no chance of signing him permanantly in the summer, but he may well help us get to the prem :)[/quote]

source?

[/quote]One of my friends who lives near the ground saw him on the way home. He''s not even a Norwich fan so would have no reason to say this. There was also a car with a personolised number plate saying SWP as well. Him being there is not a definate sign that we are signing him, but he''s definately talking to the football club. Nobody thought Bellamy would sign for Cardiff with Man City paying most of his wages, but it happened. Man City wont let him go on loan to another prem club, nobody seems to want to sign him permanantly, and he clearly wants to be playing football. It all fits into place nicely :).And for those fools saying he''s be no good, raw pace can be a lethal weapon in our league, combine this with the quality on the ball and ability to finish that SWP has and it would be the best loan signing sice Hucks. He''s not a spent force but has not had any regular football for 4 seasons or so, if we give him that watch him fly!!

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]If SWP signs, I will make love to Kelly Brook.[/quote] dont suppose it will happen but video it ansd post it plz

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="Lincoln Yellow"][quote user="cityangel"]

So who is going to pay SWP''s wages, some people do live in cuckoo land?

[/quote]Sorry, who is paying Bellamy''s wages to stop him being at a premiership rival team?Forgot that you know everything. It''s probably not going to happen, but it could. Stop ruling stuff out, when you have no idea yourself.[/quote]

By the same token perhaps you should stop being a gobshite when you also have no idea.

[/quote]how is saying people are living in cloud cuckoo land better than making a sarky comment? and how does calling someone a gobshite make you any better than them. this is why I hate this forum sometimes. its for poeple to express their opinions, which may well be different from yours. this does not mean you can abuse them wheen they''ve had a go and one of your little cyber buddies. theres only one gobshite on this thread matey ;)

[quote user="canarywales"][quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]If SWP signs, I will make love to Kelly Brook.[/quote] dont suppose it will happen but video it ansd post it plz[/quote]

It applies to either situation. When you send me a video of Lambert shaking his hand over a signed contract, I''ll post a vid of the money shot............

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]If SWP signs, I will make love to Kelly Brook.[/quote]

Eh! How does that work?

Your team signs a Premiership footballer and you get to play hide the sausage with Kelly Brook  - whatever happened to a forfeit of some description like eating your hat?

[quote user="Largey"]Until he is seen in Asda, I believe no one.[/quote]

I''m still waiting for Shola Ameobi to sign after several Asda sightings from a couple of years ago.

Those queues don''t get any better.

I doubt that we would be able to sign SWP, but would be extremely pleased if we did obviously. I can, however, see us making one more ''big'' signing (loan or perm) due to the amount of players going out on loan all of a sudden, maybe this Brighton lad?

If SWP signs, I''ll get a Prince Albert.

Seriously guys. The one thing I''ve noticed since PL''s arrival, is that no one has been able to identify even a sniff of a signing.

Furthermore, we had someone on this message board about 6 weeks ago, claiming to have inside knowledge that Lambert was fed up with Whitbread''s injuries, and that he was going to be out the door. Since then, he''s featured in most, if not all games.

The only think I know, is that appart from Bennett (who Lambert has already admitted he''s in for), no one either on this board, or on any rumours site has any clue who we''re after in this transfer window.

Lambert keeps feeding the Bennett stories in every quote he gives to archant by saying "we''ll have to wait and see what happens." Suggests to me that (i) (and most likely) we remain keen to sign Bennett or (ii) its a smokescreen and we are working on something else.

I simply can''t see the SWP thing happening because I think there would be too many other takers in the prem and unlike Bellamy he has no link to Norwich but its not 100% impossible that there might be a mutually beneficial arrangement to be made there.

I do, however, find it amazing how many people have friends who happen to be outside Carrow Road at various points and the personalised number plate sounds a bit too convenient! Also a poster i''ve not seen before started this rumour on the wrath last night as well. May just all be co-incidence but smacks a little bit of someone trying to start a random rumour and see how far they can spread it.