Sign in to follow this  
David Fox For England

Brighton Chairman on Bennett

I say just wait and see, would be good to get him but if we don''t keep our squad or look else where, one point though if he has put in a transfer request then would Brighton really want a player who don''t really want to play for them. and the big thing is other clubs may be bidding for him and offer much more.

The thing is Brighton could easily slip up in the league with the likes of Southampton Huddersfield and even Sheffield Wednesday, I think Southampton will win the league, so maybe they should get the cash before they get promotion in their heads too soon.

The chairman said "We do not want to sell Elliott, we don''t need to sell the player."Note how he didn''t say "We are not going to sell him"...

[quote user="David Fox For England"]

them articles have only been up for about 15 minutes, or do you mean you''ve heard that from chairmans so many times before?

[/quote]Sorry didn''t make myself clear, should have said that I''ve heard chairman say the same thing on many occasions in the past and the player ends up leaving a few days later.

Che''s right hand man "]The thing is Brighton could easily slip up in the league with the likes of Southampton Huddersfield and even Sheffield Wednesday, I think Southampton will win the league, so maybe they should get the cash before they get promotion in their heads too soon."

But seen from his point of view, if they sell Bennett they may blow any chance they have, and his value will be there for them. If they get promotion, on the other hand, then the will have more income in the Championship, and still have Bennett.

In the chairman''s shoes, hanging on to such a young player increass their chances of promotion, if not this year than next.

The only thing he has to lose is an unhappy Bennett who loses some of his value.

Brighton Chairman is coming out saying they aren''t selling Bennett:

"Tony Bloom today confirmed Elliott Bennett has submitted a transfer request, but says the situation remains unchanged.

The Albion chairman also says he fully expects the winger to still be with the club this time next week, after the transfer window closes at 11pm on Monday.

He told seagulls.co.uk, "Nothing has changed. We do not want to sell Elliott, we don''t need to sell the player.""

You can see why they don''t want to sell him, they are en route to promotion, and they''ll need him in Championship next year, but maybe Delia will be able to sell enough cookbooks to raise the required funds.

Also if we do sign Bennett, it must mean that Korey Smith will be dropping out of the team? I''d go for a 4-4-2 with Hoolahan left, Bennett right, Crofts holding and Lansbury behind the strikers.

If you think Hoolahan ever plays on the wing, you obviously haven''t seen him play....

You can''t play a standerd 4-4-2 with Hoolahan really, he doesn''t fit into a postion

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Could you not have put this on one of the other threads about Bennett. If we sold Korey we get a lot more money in than we would pay for Bennett [/quote]Apparently they are holding out for £2m for Bennett - do you really think anyone would pay £2m for Korey? I''m not saying I think Bennett is worth £2m, but I honestly can''t see anyone paying as much as that for Korey - well not unless he gets a long run in the team and plays superbly, and with the quality of midfielders available to us already, I can''t see that happening.