Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

First woman to play for Norwich City?

If we carry on like we''ve started on this week it''ll only be a matter of time! The wishy washy liberal left want equality and thats fine but not in football.

Football is a MAN''s game. It has been pulling in millions of pounds worth of revenue for such a long time now . Womans football is a distance second when it comes to coverage and there is a good reason for that- mens football is far more intetesting and is why there arent more women watching their female countrrparts.

Football as a MALE PLAYING product works. Dont wreck it.

Oh and ps i fully agree with Gray getting sacked- disgusting comments!

You agree with Gray''s sacking, yet you say that?

and also, you were saying Sky Sports will be worse after Gray''s sacking...

There is NOTHING wrong with women officiating the game, you might as well say they can''t watch......

Also, why another thread on it mate :P There have already been 2/3

It will not be too long either before a man is allowed to play in a womens darts team.Seriously has anybody seen a man playing in a ladies darts league?

[quote user="CT"]If we carry on like we''ve started on this week it''ll only be a matter of time! The wishy washy liberal left want equality and thats fine but not in football. Football is a MAN''s game. It has been pulling in millions of pounds worth of revenue for such a long time now . Womans football is a distance second when it comes to coverage and there is a good reason for that- mens football is far more intetesting and is why there arent more women watching their female countrrparts. Football as a MALE PLAYING product works. Dont wreck it. Oh and ps i fully agree with Gray getting sacked- disgusting comments![/quote]

I agree that ''mens'' football is a ''mans'' game ...just as womens football is a womens game......the two should never be intertwined and that goes for officials too. Unlike most other workplaces where there is equality, on a mens football pitch ,where only men are allowed to play (by law)how can there be?.....is it any wonder then that sexist attitudes exist??

As long as the two are kept apart ,there really shouldn''t ever be a problem.

as for you original question.....firstly ,legally it can''t happen, women aren''t lawfully able to play mens football......just as men can''t play womens football. Secondly ,no women will ever be goof enough to play in mens professional football.   Infact if you were to take the best womens football team on the planet (which I guess might be Brazil?)....I wonder how far down the mens football pyamid you would need to go until you find a level they could beat........my guess is somewhere around Anglian Combination division 8??

Nothing wrong with women officials- as I''ve said.

Women''s football is crap. There I''ve said it. I wish it was better but its not. Men''s attracts a far bigger audience.

It''s not sexist to say that men''s footy is better. Its a fact proven by far bigger audience. Are we saying that the people who only go to mens footy are sexist ?

Political correctness gorn maaad!

Strange statement to make...I don''t think anyone''s arguing that women should be allowed to play in the men''s league. The issue is with the prehistoric assumption of some now-jobless pundits that women are unable to follow the rules of the game simply because of their gender.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Strange statement to make...I don''t think anyone''s arguing that women should be allowed to play in the men''s league. The issue is with the prehistoric assumption of some now-jobless pundits that women are unable to follow the rules of the game simply because of their gender.[/quote]

But they can''t, they''re busy in Topshop. You can''t multi-task that fcuker at 3pm on a Saturday!!

WE were having this discussion at work the other day, one of my colleagues plays for England u-19s for women, I said what standard they could beat. SHE thought they could beat an amateur sat or sun men''s club quite easily. IT''S down to fitness and skill for me.

Women''s football is a developing sport and I actively encourage participation in football regardless of age, gender, race, religion, disability etc

IT can only be a good thing when everyone can play, it means more money to the fa to use on football development in this country.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]WE were having this discussion at work the other day, one of my colleagues plays for England u-19s for women, I said what standard they could beat. SHE thought they could beat an amateur sat or sun men''s club quite easily. IT''S down to fitness and skill for me. Women''s football is a developing sport and I actively encourage participation in football regardless of age, gender, race, religion, disability etc IT can only be a good thing when everyone can play, it means more money to the fa to use on football development in this country.[/quote]

Never going to happen with regards to gender.

You can give them steroids or train women all day long but its just not going to happen.

Sexism aside,I used to play for a teachers team at my old school. Small ''friendly'' league set up between local schools where it was teachers and up to 3 sixth form.We used to rock up with a female player every week and get laughed at.Then they would see her play and the laughing would stop.+ the best bit , no one would ever foul or push her off the ball and she would really use that to her advantage.Top rate player as well, girls can play football !

( They just cant ref it ) muahahahahha

Never gonna happen for the same reason these sports separate boys and girls from age 10 (or whatever)

As Nexus says, a girl was able to play well in a friendly league when no one fouled her, so its made the game unbalanced, also what would be the reaction when some girl gets her leg broken either by complete accident or one of Kevin Muscats specials.

It wont ever happen with sports that are contact or where men have an advantage, though I don''t see why we have separate womans versions for Darts etc? why not amalgamate them.

[quote user="CT"]If we carry on like we''ve started on this week it''ll only be a matter of time! The wishy washy liberal left want equality and thats fine but not in football.

[/quote]

Why advertise the fact that you don''t know what you''re talking about?

If that were to happen where would it stop?

You would have to amalgamate ALL sports.  Athletics - women wouldn''t win anything, Tennis - no a women wouldn''t win any ranking event, Golf - the same, Boxing - well you seehow silly this gets!

Consider this if you will.  Girls can join Scouting - beavers, cubs, scouts, explorers.  Can boys join Guides? Guess what, no!  Admittedly, probably not many boys would want to join the Guides.  Far be it for me to call this sexist, but if the situation was reversed, someone would be had up in Court and sent to the tower.

i couldnt play against a team that had girls in it........

id be to chivalrous to tackle them, and if we went in for a 50/50 id end up saying "after you" and letting her go by............. ;)