Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Kevin Phillips?...

Has openly said he may be interested in looking elsewhere.

Now I know many teams have got him in and he has helped fire teams up in the past and that his wages will be much higher than anyone else here. But he is open to go out.

Think if we were prepared to pay over a million for Bennett that is too much but maybe Kevin Phillips, experienced in this type of campaign. Would Lambert get the best out of him, I don''t know but he is a player that has openly said he would look elsewhere and has the quality to assist our teams effort this year.

But I would only pursue as a loan.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

No No No No No!

Reading this, nightmare visions of Tony Cottee picking up a final payday at our expense have just hoved into view.

[/quote]Or God forbid another Dion Dublin!  Stick out tongue [:P]For the record... its a no for me!

I would take him!

I know he''s old and has rarely featured this season for Birmingham but he would get some important goals.  He isn''t the player we should be going out for as we need someone who can play every game but if he came here I would be quite happy with it.

Definitely yes.  He could get those important goals that would get us into the top two. 

In such situations where a level head is needed, a gilt edged chance, the game at 1-1 or us trailing by the odd goal, Phillips has been there and done it so many times, he wouldn''t panic.

I also think you would have a bit of the ''Dublin factor''.  Phillips is such a model professional and would be great to have around the place for our younger players and I am sure he would have some good advice for our younger forwards.