Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Brighton Fans Very Unhappy

Just had a quick glance at their message board and many are very unhappy at Bennett putting in a transfer request. I have to say from their point of view i have great sympathy. They are top of the league, he has just signed a new contract and is probably the "huckerby of league " and his loss would damage their promotion chances. In addition unless they took McNamee going in the other direction they will struggle to get a replacement in the time left. That said once a player makes his mind up these days it is only a matter of time, just a question of if he goes to us or someone else. I bet they feel a bit like we did a few weeks ago with all the Lambert to Burnley talk. The purse strings make have been lossened though following that spat

Its back to the old debate of the club not wanting to sell but the player obviously wants to move.

Question is do you keep the player even though he doesn''t want to be there.....usually not

Always a shame for the fans of the club that they leave though.

The Chairman saying he is going nowhere with just 3 days of the window left is going to look pretty stupid if he lets him leave now though , i still feel this one is not going to happen .

"The purse strings make have been lossened though following that spat "

absolute shi1e, and well you know it

YC referred to him as the "huckerby of league 1."

Does anyone know how good he is? I have to be honest, I had never heard of him before we became interested.

Well if we are offering close to £1m for Bennett regardless of if he comes or not it is £1m more than i thought we had. The next couple of days will show if its all talk or not. If noone comes in i can live with that, the lads are doing great and playoffs are a realistic target which would be wonderful 1st year back. If we do get a couple of quality players in like the Bennets or eastwood that would turn us into realistic automatic place candidates

Have to say I''d be upset if someone was trying to get Holty or Hoolihan.... you always hate the bidding club! To be fair to us, I don''t think we''ve leaked it to the press that we were interested..... Hope we get him but not too fussed if it doesn''t happen as the squad looks good enough for a final push anyway.

"I agree - the purse strings probably have been loosened.."

And the McNally, Bowkett, Stephen Fry the rest of the board with the club treasurer and secretary are all lying.

A lie that would subsequently have to be backed by Axa and Lloyds banks and the clubs auditors.

yeh, sure

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Well if we are offering close to £1m for Bennett regardless of if he comes or not it is £1m more than i thought we had. [/quote]

Not to those of us with an understanding of the clubs finances. 

As for Eastwood of Coventry, no thank you.  Just look at how many goals he has scored from open play in The Championship.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Not to those of us with an understanding of the clubs finances. 

[/quote]MEGA LOL.

[quote user="City1st"]"I agree - the purse strings probably have been loosened.." And the McNally, Bowkett, Stephen Fry the rest of the board with the club treasurer and secretary are all lying. A lie that would subsequently have to be backed by Axa and Lloyds banks and the clubs auditors. yeh, sure[/quote]

It''s commonly called a revised business plan - and yes, that could well be backed by Axa and Lloyds providing there is a case of a balanced return-on-investment...

Let''s see what is spent (if anything) during the rest of January?

[quote user="City1st"]"The purse strings make have been lossened though following that spat "

absolute shi1e, and well you know it[/quote]Why so aggressive? Anyone of them could have put some of their own personal fortune towards the transfer cost. Unless you are on the board or at least shagging one of them, how could you know?

[quote user=" Badger"]YC referred to him as the "huckerby of league 1." Does anyone know how good he is? I have to be honest, I had never heard of him before we became interested.[/quote]

21 assists and 4 goals, more like the hooly of league 1!