Sign in to follow this  
Carra Rud

Arsenal v Norwich 1992/1993

Something to enjoy which happened 20 years ago now. On the opening day of the very first Premiership season.Would quite like it to be a regular Friday feature to coincide with the Carra Rud blog. Depends how popular it is I guess, if it''s half as popular as our NCAGTH upload then we''ll be on to a winner.We''re pretty much able to source any match from 1988 so requests are more than welcome.

[quote user="Carra Rud"]Something to enjoy which happened 20 years ago now. On the opening day of the very first Premiership season.

Would quite like it to be a regular Friday feature to coincide with the Carra Rud blog. Depends how popular it is I guess, if it''s half as popular as our NCAGTH upload then we''ll be on to a winner.

We''re pretty much able to source any match from 1988 so requests are more than welcome.
[/quote]

On the matchday prog,robbins wasnt listed in the squad? Lee power was in his position.

also the home end had a fans murial as a new stand was being built,and the sound from the clock end was transferred to speakers there for added effect.

New prem rules,no back pass to keeper(really changed footy,as boring clubs could no longer keep looking for the keeper in tight sitiuations),3 subs and ref in green

bookies had Arsenal 2/1 to win 1st prem,followed by liverpool/leeds then man utd at 10/1! we were 33/1 which was unusually low as 66/1 and higher was the norm..

Chase had appointed walker with the premise being to get norwich into europe..

That''s really great, being a young''un I don''t think I''ve ever actually seen those highlights in full. Have you got Norwich 2 Newcastle 1, Dec 31 1994? My first ever game...

Could we have Beckford''s hat trick against Everton. Think it finished 4-3 Norwich in 92. Cracking game. Cheers.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]That''s really great, being a young''un I don''t

think I''ve ever actually seen those highlights in full. Have you got

Norwich 2 Newcastle 1, Dec 31 1994? My first ever game...[/quote][quote user="Jacko"]Could we have Beckford''s hat trick against Everton. Think it finished 4-3 Norwich in 92. Cracking game. Cheers.[/quote]I''m sure they''ll both be there somewhere. Will have a look.Ekoku''s four away to Everton in ''93 is also right up there.

LOL at Robins sneaking in to get that header amongst all the giants Arsenal had at the back-Winterburn, Adams, Bould!

Gossy''s through ball to Fox for the third was spot on, thats the part of his game people didn''t rave about, but he could ping the ball around as well as anyone. Robins finish for the fourth was epic as well, bet Adams got some stick for screwing up there.

Would love to see the 4-4 with Middlesbrough and the 0-4 thrashing of Leeds at Elland Road, including ''that'' goal, preferably with all the build up to it, which is often overlooked.

Not the best quality, but the Boro 4-4 game is here (sorry can''t do links on my browser) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBws2Fzv3Fs

At half time we were 2-0 down and the Arse fans were chanting "Going Down Going Down Gowing Down."

At the end we were kept in the stadium and we sung the same song to them as we left. 

That game contained one of the best twenty minutes as a City fan, and what was the start of the magical ride that ended up with us nearly running away with league before finishing third, and ended on the terraces of the San Siro.

Many on here who are too young to remember or be part of it may wish they had been there to see it.

All I say is this; I know we''re not in the top league, but the performance of the club over the last 18 months is no less an achievement, and young fans should cherish this success as much as us older fans enjoy this older chapter. Make the most of the good times while you have them - they don''t last forever in football.

[quote user="Carra Rud"]Something to enjoy which happened 20 years ago now. On the opening day of the very first Premiership season.

Would quite like it to be a regular Friday feature to coincide with the Carra Rud blog. Depends how popular it is I guess, if it''s half as popular as our NCAGTH upload then we''ll be on to a winner.

We''re pretty much able to source any match from 1988 so requests are more than welcome.
[/quote]

Great, thanks[Y]

Praying you have the highlights to this, it would be very much appreciated -

Norwich   3 (0) - 2 (0)Sunderland

on 25-08-1990

[:)]

I seem to remember Mark Robins said to Mike Walker, ''If you put me on I''ll score a couple of goals for you''. Sure enough he did>

[/quote]

Cheers for that.I was living in Oz at the time,so i think that is the first time i''ve seen it[Y]

Great day. As has been said before we took a lot of lip during that first half and I can recall the celebrations for the 2nd from Phyllis saw me entering the no-mans land to large it at the tape that kept us from the Gooners and being led away by the orange bibber - only to then give him the slip during the mayhem that greeted Fox''s goal. And then being treated like kings by Spurs fans in London all night who absolutely loved us for doing that to them!

Have you got a 2-1 home win against Southampton in Feb 92? My first game at Carra Rud - the fog was so thick you could barely see the River End. I''m pretty sure Fleck got both our goals.

[quote user="Bird Table"]Have you got a 2-1 home win against Southampton in Feb 92? My first game at Carra Rud - the fog was so thick you could barely see the River End. I''m pretty sure Fleck got both our goals.[/quote]Yeah, that''s there. Ullathorne got a far post header at the River End, Fleck the other. Talking of fog... the Tranmere one is also here during the 1996/1997 season. Ridiculous circumstances.I''ll put another one of the mentioned ones up during the week.