Sign in to follow this  
Leedscanary

Bennett and Eastwood to sign today

Had a tip this morning from the same guy that tipped me Tierney, who tells me that we have signed Bennett and Eastwood and they will be unveiled sometime today.

Don''t shoot the messenger!!

Eastwood? Not sure if I like that idea, few years ago perhaps....

Bennett though would be very welcome!

[quote user="leedscanary"]

Had a tip this morning from the same guy that tipped me Tierney, who tells me that we have signed Bennett and Eastwood and they will be unveiled sometime today.

[/quote]As its from u Kev i believe m8[Y]...not really sure on Freddy Eastwood tho, if he scores the goals tho??? in Lambert we trust

I would be happy with both these signings if they materialise, Bennett looks like being the next Huck’s if all the stats and comments from the Brighton fans are true, and Eastwood can score goals! He would certainly be a different player under Lambert and would benefit from the style we play as well as the undoubtedly better fitness program.

Few rumours that Austin cant agree terms at Ipswich, would I laugh if they were only left with the injury prone son of Pete Winkleman

I''d be very happy with both of them if it''s true. Eastwood has scored plenty of goals at this level before, it''s no suprise he hasn''t hit top form under Boothroyd, he''s not 6''8"!

Hopefully they can get the deals done asap and get them into the squad to help banish the Selhurst Park voodoo!

As everyone else has said, Lambert would get Eastwood back to his very best I''m sure. I''d be ecstatic with these signings. I think it would complete the squad for the rest of the season.

The quality of our squad as it would be with these two additions is just embarrasingly superior to the squad that we were relegated with two seasons ago.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Lambert said at the press conference that he hasn''t heard anything back from Brighton regarding the enquiry made for Bennett, but it is still on-going. So doubt he will be signing today.[/quote]

Yes, agreed. Although positive that for the first time since we first made our enquiry that it seems there might actually be a bit of traction.

Coventry fan here...

You will not be signing Eastwood.

This rumour seems to have originated on football-rumours.co.uk

[quote user="SkyBlue"]Coventry fan here...

This rumour seems to have originated on football-rumours.co.uk[/quote]Unless you have solid proof, then you can not say that we won''t.Btw guys Bennet has handed in a transfer request, just got tweeted by pinkun.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"][quote user="SkyBlue"]Coventry fan here...

This rumour seems to have originated on football-rumours.co.uk[/quote]Unless you have solid proof, then you can not say that we won''t.Btw guys Bennet has handed in a transfer request, just got tweeted by pinkun.[/quote]

Well all the evidence you guys have is some people have apparently spotted him all over Norwich at the same time he was seen in Coventry.

[quote user="SkyBlue"]Coventry fan here...

This rumour seems to have originated on football-rumours.co.uk[/quote]Do you think Aidy would let him go at all, or is he integral to your plans? I know he was injured earlier in the season, but doesn''t seem to have been getting much football since.

Welcome to the transfer window skyblue. It can be frustrating, contradictory, annoying - but most of all unpredictable. I''m sure you''ll forgive us if we keep our minds open until Monday.

[quote user="SkyBlue"][quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"][quote user="SkyBlue"]Coventry fan here...

This rumour seems to have originated on football-rumours.co.uk[/quote]Unless you have solid proof, then you can not say that we won''t.Btw guys Bennet has handed in a transfer request, just got tweeted by pinkun.[/quote]

Well all the evidence you guys have is some people have apparently spotted him all over Norwich at the same time he was seen in Coventry.[/quote]Lol, i''m not saying that he is signing just that you shouldn''t rule anything out without proof. :PAnything could happen! You never know Messi might sign tomorrow and no one has any proof against it (it''s just highly unlikely).

[quote user="SkyBlue"]Sorry, don''t know what happened there! ^^^

The last few lines is all you need to read anyway[/quote]To be fair, I haven''t seen anyone on this forum saying he has been spotted in Norwich.In fact the first time his name has been mentioned is in this thread.

[/quote]

I usually skip over these sort of threads with a bit of a tut but, as it''s you Leeds, I''ve got my fingers crossed [Y]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="SkyBlue"]Coventry fan here...

This rumour seems to have originated on football-rumours.co.uk[/quote]Do you think Aidy would let him go at all, or is he integral to your plans? I know he was injured earlier in the season, but doesn''t seem to have been getting much football since.[/quote]

Yeh was injured for a while at the start of the season but now appears to be first choice alongside Marlon King. Thats why i don''t think he will leave.

I may well be proved wrong, just can''t see it thats all!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="SkyBlue"]Sorry, don''t know what happened there! ^^^ The last few lines is all you need to read anyway[/quote]

To be fair, I haven''t seen anyone on this forum saying he has been spotted in Norwich.

In fact the first time his name has been mentioned is in this thread.
[/quote]

And thats why I decided to post it Morty. It fits the Lambert way of things, coming out of the (sky) blue!

Although, now have a feeling my good repution my disappear up my own @rse late, Macs [:D]

[quote user="SkyBlue"]ahh why cant i quote properly!!!![/quote]Probably because you use internet explorer, this board is pretty badly put together lol.Firefox is the only browser that really works properly.

[quote user="SkyBlue"]ahh why cant i quote properly!!!![/quote]We don''t got proper internets in Norfolk yet, that goo weird from toime to toime. [;)]Would be surprised if we did sign Eastwood myself - Lambert''s just bought Wilbraham in, and not sure if another striker is that high on his hitlist. We''ll see...

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]And Stephen Fry is in Brighton today! The pieces fall into place [:)][/quote]That may not, errrr, be entirely for football reasons lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]And Stephen Fry is in Brighton today! The pieces fall into place [:)][/quote]

That may not, errrr, be entirely for football reasons lol.
[/quote]

Dunno, apparently he was seen heading down there driving a removal lorry.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="SkyBlue"]Sorry, don''t know what happened there! ^^^ The last few lines is all you need to read anyway[/quote]

To be fair, I haven''t seen anyone on this forum saying he has been spotted in Norwich.

In fact the first time his name has been mentioned is in this thread.
[/quote]

And thats why I decided to post it Morty. It fits the Lambert way of things, coming out of the (sky) blue!

Although, now have a feeling my good repution my disappear up my own @rse late, Macs [:D]

[/quote]

We''ll still luv ya Kev.[{][;)]