Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Saturday, 30th January 2011

What has come of today?

Well, we''ve come away from Selhurst Park with a point, which goes against the history books - could have had another couple of points in the bag, but could well have had none were it not for Ruddy and the back 4.

We are 2nd in the Championship, at least 10 places above where I personally would have expected us to be at this point in the season, unbelievable effort, momentum in the league still in tact.

We remain unbeaten in the league in 2011, I mention this because January never tends to be a great month for Norwich, but as mentioned above, still have momentum going into the final 3 and a bit months of the season.

Elliott Bennett didn''t play for Brighton today, although he was on the bench. Now had he not been in the squad at all, that would have all but confirmed he was on his way for us, but there is also a chance he was just rested as Brighton have a league game on Tuesday. Having said that, I expect one more piece of transfer activity at Carrow Road before Tuesday - probably Bennett, if not a striker.

QPR also drew, so they remain just 5 points from our grasp, no ground lost there.

Cody McDonald, Oli Johnson and Matty Gill were all on the scoresheet for their respective clubs today, so our fringe players remain in form, and we have almost a clean bill of health in our first team squad for the run in.

All in all, a productive day for us today, hopefully the next 53 hours will prove to be productive for us in the transfer window. Upwards and onwards, OTBC.

Try 29th January!

I fear we are entering a mini-slump after a few average performances. Until the strikers start bangin'' them in, it will continue and we''ll be lucky to stay in the playoffs. We really need a great performance against Millwall to get some of the confidence back.

A positive post with very little to find fault with. As far as I''m concerned with our record against Palace and teams in London generally, I''m more than happy to take a point - looking back at the end of the season, you never know how important it might be. More so if we get 3 at home on Tuesday night

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Try 29th January!

I fear we are entering a mini-slump after a few average performances. Until the strikers start bangin'' them in, it will continue and we''ll be lucky to stay in the playoffs. We really need a great performance against Millwall to get some of the confidence back.

[/quote]

LOL

Unbeaten in the league in 7 lost once in 14 unbeaten away since the 30/10/10 our last 10 games = won 6 drawn 3 lost 1 the draws Palace and Boro away and Cardiff at home, the defeat desperately unlucky against Portsmouth 3rd on current form and beat Millwall we go 2nd who are currently above us. 

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Try 29th January!

[/quote]

LOL

Unbeaten in the league in 7 lost once in 14 unbeaten away since the 30/10/10 our last 10 games = won 6 drawn 3 lost 1 the draws Palace and Boro away and Cardiff at home, the defeat desperately unlucky against Portsmouth 3rd on current form and beat Millwall we go 2nd who are currently above us. 

[/quote]

LOLLY is King, have you actually watched any games? We have been fortunate, and how many games recently have we comfortably won? Without trawling through stats most wins have been 1 goal only. I actually feel a bit disappointed about 2day''s result, but more importantly the performance. Realistically we gained 1 point on Swansea and Leeds who also have played 28 games. In my opinion our performances have declined recently, and we should be beating teams near the bottom of the table with ease.

Anyhow, I didn''t dream of being in second place at the start of the season, so it''s probably just a spur of the moment disappointment. Have a nice evening.

Mini-Slump?! I wish we had slumps like this two years ago...I can also tell you having gone to both Bramall Lane and Selhurst Park that on both occasions the pitches were awful and really didn''t help our passing game - the game before that we absolutely battered Cardiff  in one of our best displays of the season so how on earth can we be in a slump?!

In Lambert I Trust...

I said "I fear we are entering a mini slump". Not currently in one.

Anyway it doesn''t seem quite so bad this morning after a good nights sleep.[H] A point away at Palarse is actually a good result.

IMO you rarely beat anyone in the championship with ease!Such a tight league, always has been.