Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Todays referee

If there reallyn is such a thing as ''referees assessors'' then this referees needs to be struck off after todays performance.

There are certain things that you can leave open to interpretation but twice today the referee decided to overule the laws of the game

Firstly the elbow by Vaughan on Drury was only a red, but then in the closing minutes Jackson being brought down when clean through wasn''t even pusinished with a yellow!

p.s I ''ve got to hand it to Crystal Palace FC....they''ve taken waht was already a soleless ,mserable hole an squeezed any last semblance of an atmosphere out of it by moving the away fans to the other end of the ground away from the vociferous home fans, creating a thouroughly tepid atmsophere. well done Palace

Totally agree on both points. I thought the ref was watching a totally different game. He seemed to give freekicks for nothing but then blatant fouls were totally ignored. The atmosphere really was dire, did the Palace fans sing at all? Selhurst Park has to be the worst ground in the country.

...and how about blowing up for full time as we put a cross in?

a very quaar.

I don''t usually slate Refs - but yes he was very poor.

the game matched the ref I suppose.

The elbow on Drury would have not been something he could see from his position. What amazes me more and more these days is the "referee''s assistants" do bugger all half the time until the ref signals one way or the other. The elbow was right in front of all the away fans so but also the lino who did absolutely nothing. Totally agree with the OP on his other points though!

[quote user="MPR"]The elbow on Drury would have not been something he could see from his position. What amazes me more and more these days is the "referee''s assistants" do bugger all half the time until the ref signals one way or the other. The elbow was right in front of all the away fans so but also the lino who did absolutely nothing. Totally agree with the OP on his other points though![/quote]

I disagree as he was only about 10 yards away. The ref gave the free kick, not the linesman, who, as you say, took no interest whatsoever. Having seen it and given a freekick (meaning that he saw it as deliberate) he had no choice under the rules but to show a red. All three officials made several glaring errors and the failure to at least book Gardner pretty much summed it up. The other incident that sticks in my mind is Vaughan barging Whitbread over on the corner of our box in the first half and being awarded a free kick!