Sign in to follow this  
Big Duncs Bloody Shirt

A question for those who were at CP yesterday ....

[quote user="Big Duncs Bloody Shirt"]Apologies if this has been discussed already .... But how did Tierney shape up yesterday? Obviously can''t be judged on a few minutes but just wondered of first impressions?[/quote]

Looked very mobile and keen to get forward, but made a horrible error to let Zaha in near the end. Fortunately Ruddy got him out of jail.

Looked useful to me. Seems a combative type who sees defending as his priority rather than being a wing back. Good long throw on him.

Looked ok. Think he might have got beaten once (although I might be doing a disservice). Although to be honest, the major thing I remember was I think Marrow did a very poor tackle on him. Which sparked some handbags.

He didn''t do anything wrong as far as I noticed in the time that he was on after replacing Drury,  but surely it''s best to judge him after a few games.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Big Duncs Bloody Shirt"]Apologies if this has been discussed already .... But how did Tierney shape up yesterday? Obviously can''t be judged on a few minutes but just wondered of first impressions?[/quote]

Looked very mobile and keen to get forward, but made a horrible error to let Zaha in near the end. Fortunately Ruddy got him out of jail.

[/quote]Haha! Just goes to show how we see different things! Suppose I noticed his defending more because it was right under my nose. Was it just his fault for Zaha? I put it down to poor collective defending at the time, but by that point I was more concerned about my legs dropping off with the cold!

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Haha! Just goes to show how we see different things! Suppose I noticed his defending more because it was right under my nose. Was it just his fault for Zaha? I put it down to poor collective defending at the time, but by that point I was more concerned about my legs dropping off with the cold!

[/quote]

In fairness, you were closer than me. From my position it looked like he pushed Zaha in the back rather than standing him up and his momentum took him wrong side. Having said that someone else (couldn''t see from that distance!) should have made a covering challenge, but just waved a leg (probably Lansbury, given his general performance!). Certainly it''s way too early to judge the lad objectively, although with Zak''s form and Ruddy''s excellence there is room for a new scapegoat!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

In fairness, you were closer than me. From my position it looked like he pushed Zaha in the back rather than standing him up and his momentum took him wrong side. Having said that someone else (couldn''t see from that distance!) should have made a covering challenge, but just waved a leg (probably Lansbury, given his general performance!). Certainly it''s way too early to judge the lad objectively, although with Zak''s form and Ruddy''s excellence there is room for a new scapegoat!

[/quote]Yes, you''re right! He was lucky not to give away a penalty there. But I thought it was forgiveable in a first match & that he''d been left in a tricky position. I think he''ll be OK.

Done exactly what I thought he would which was being vey solid, physical, mobile and enthusiastic!

Great to have someone in the squad with a long throw cause our biggest problem at the moment is we''re not  direct enough in the final 3rd!

Only criscism is that he looks more prone to making misakes than what Drury is but overall should be a good edition to the squad!