Sign in to follow this  
Being Jan Kristiansen...

Best Player..... Ever

As we are in 12 day lull between matches and we are all sick of transfer speculation I thought I would ask who is the best player ever to wear a Norwich shirt and who is the best player ever to walk this planet.

Here is mine.

NCFC: Ian Crook. Vision, class, controlled games, scored from free kicks. He was the heart beat of possible the best ever Norwich side.

World: Maradona. He was so good that I will forgive him for that goal v England in 86. 

NCFC: Ian Crook - see above comments!

World: Zinedine Zidane - makes the extraordinary look remarkably simple, and does it as part of his normal game.  A genius.

That said, Ronaldinho could push him close if he carries on the way he''s going!

i can never forgive maradonna..ever!!! cheating b@st&rd!

have to chuck in a different perspectiveIan Culverhouse - The consumate pro. Always perfomred and never ever let us down.World has to be Johan Cryuff - Imaganitive and Beautiful player

Robert Fleck- when I was a young thing he was my hero! Oh you may say there  have been better- but he was the best in this young fans eyes- and no-one can live up to that!

Henry- He really is that good. A scorer of great goals AND a great goalscorer

It''s Robert Fleck for me. He was such a bubbly character on the football field and he scored some spectacular goals into the bargain. Dave Stringeronce described him as the best volleyer of a football that he''d ever seen,and i dont think that was too much of an exaggeration. If my memory servesme well, at his best,most of his shots were either on target or pretty close, and were struck with tremendous power.

[quote]It''s Robert Fleck for me. He was such a bubbly character on the football field and he scored some spectacular goals into the bargain. Dave Stringeronce described him as the best volleyer of a football...[/quote]

Who can forget the last minute winner at Milwall eh!!

For me though it has to be Martin Peters - believed to have been past it when Spurs let him go he added class and composure to the team, and even when he was losing the pace his ability to be in the right place at the right time was awe inspiring for a youngster looking to learn the finer arts of watching the game.

When Worthy talks about quality he was it personified.

Martin Peters, without question. He helped to take Norwich to a new level and helped put Norwich on the map. His generation of players gave supporters a taste of what it was like to be a top division club playing good football.

Now with him playing again we might prise open a few more defences.

Absolutely agree with Martin Peters- sublime movement and passing. As runners up I would have John Deehan then Dave Watson.

Too many youngsters on this thread!!!!!!

Now, if you''d all had the privilege of seeing Kevin Keelan in action then.............................                             

OTBC.

Could be ... Huckerby!

It''s work in progress at the moment, but he''s already helped us into the Premiership - we''d never be here without him. And watching the way he teased defenders last Saturday, there aren''t many who could do that any better.

Mark Bowen for me. Or Robert Fleck. Or Ian Culverhouse. Or Bellamy. Oh and there''s Eadie. And Hucks, don''t forget Hucks. And that''s just from the last 20 odd years...

Terry Allcock, Terry Bly, Errol Crossan, Duncan Forbers, Dave Stringer, Martin Peters.

This is too hard

Sod it, I''ll go for Iwan ''cos he signed my shirt at Crewe

Ruel Fox was pretty nifty in his day. Maybe not the best player I''ve ever seen at City (probably Eadie or Sutton) but one of the most exciting...when he got the ball at his feet it was time to stand up!