Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Players wages

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]anyone have ideas about the wages of the physio, 1st team coach, kit man, fitness trainer - the real main men of norwich.[/quote]

You don''t half talk a load of rubbish, I''m surprised your Dad doesn''t take you in hand when he reads some of your comments.

[/quote]

maybe because apples do not fall far from trees?

I worked out that the minimum that a player must earn per week to get a million per year is £19,230. per week. So if a player is on 10 grand per week at Norwich, they get around half a mil per year. I reckon Hucks must have earned at least £3 million during his career! Of course, I could be way off the mark?

[quote user="chicken"]Hahahaha! Nana had better watch it then. Last time I checked it was easier to answer who liked him - no one!

In all seriousness although exagerated some of the comments on here are quite apt.

You have guys in the premiership earning as much as we spend on player transfers over two, three or even four seasons if not more. What the heck is going on?

That isn''t the entire picture either. Players can get sponsership deals and bonuses on top of that plus image rights etc.

The prem league does need bringing down a notch or two but that is unlikely unless they do it throughout Europe else you are talking about all of the big players playing abroad.

I personally would like to see a similar rule to the one they have in the states. Mt understanding is that there is a wage cap which depends on which league you are in. Each team is allowed one player that can be paid above and beyond that wage cap - essentially a named star player.

Again this would only work if it was implemented across Europe at least.

One thing I do understand is that football players have a career that normally spans 15-20years. After that they have to work like the rest of us. Some find it harder than others. Personally I have no problem with them making good money whilst they play - just not silly money like tens of millions a year.[/quote]i think all the american sports have slightly different rules about wages. problem with wage cap was preety obvious in the ice hockey league, i think 2009 or 2008 when the seaosn was called off as the players striked and couldnt reach an agreement over the wage limit. It wouldnt work setting a wage cap of say a set amount a week in the prem, as we already got players on nearly 300k, no ones gonna drop theier wages by 200k to be in line with a wage budget, and if the wage cap isnt set at 100k it''s just not going to make any difference as its still only the big 3/4 clubs who can pay that much. a better strategy would be what they have been talking about, a wage cap which is done on how much money the club brings in.o and with a lot of footballers contracts they can quite easily earn an extra 50% wages on the bonuses from a game.

Oh I totally agree. It works in American Soccer however and I do realise that for it to work all of Europe would have to take it on at the same time.

The other thing is I think there are other ways around it like bonuses of certain types. Perhaps in Europe teams could name two star players and then perhaps if they are in the champions league an additional one.

Personally I don''t think it is fair to ask certain players wages, its not their choice what they get paid. I would think that a few of our players were on considerably less last year due to being a league lower.

A while ago I think a paper did release a league by league indication of how much players earned on average by age as well.

To me Hux was priceless. The one stat that will always stick in my head was him dribbling the ball further than a certain Mr. Henry in that premiership season. A man of class and quality that far surpassed the mere classy football on the pitch, to have a player of that ilk grace our club, to me, is priceless.

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]This helps to soften the blow of high wages. The tax they pay. Higher rate: 40% £37,401-£150,000 Additional rate: 50% Over £150,000 HRH[/quote]

Makes all the diference, I''m sure. Almost beginning to feel sorry for them.

[quote user="jed exodous"]

Yeah its all kept a bit more low key these days.  I would be surprised if anyone is on over 10k atm.  Our highest earners i would expect would be Barnett, Hoolahan, Surman or maybe Ward.  Again players like Korey Smith would perhaps be on around 2.5k.  These are complete estimates, why not switch on Footy manager, probably wont be too far off.

No doubt someone who knows a player or 2 will be along soon to clear it up.

[/quote]

Plenty of people on here with "good sources". Why not just ask one of them?

I have a good source, unfortunately he is only really in with Jose Mourinho, Capello and Berbatov, and has some links with other players like Ronaldo...

He did however tell me, that Real Madrid are seriously looking at buying Russell Martin, as he is essentially the best Right Back around at the moment, they have a financial problem though, and would have to offer us Cristiano Ronaldo is return for super Russell Martin, but Lambert has rejected this, as he thinks Ronaldo wouldn''t get ahead of Hoolahan in the pecking order.....

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]anyone have ideas about the wages of the physio, 1st team coach, kit man, fitness trainer - the real main men of norwich.[/quote]

You don''t half talk a load of rubbish, I''m surprised your Dad doesn''t take you in hand when he reads some of your comments.

[/quote]

russell martin gets paid 4/5k a week? Who helped him get from old russell martin who only defended to the new ''norfolk cafu'' russell martin? culverhouse/1st team coach! There the ones who improve the individual. So they should get paid the same if not more than the players.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I have a good source, unfortunately he is only really in with Jose Mourinho, Capello and Berbatov, and has some links with other players like Ronaldo... He did however tell me, that Real Madrid are seriously looking at buying Russell Martin, as he is essentially the best Right Back around at the moment, they have a financial problem though, and would have to offer us Cristiano Ronaldo is return for super Russell Martin, but Lambert has rejected this, as he thinks Ronaldo wouldn''t get ahead of Hoolahan in the pecking order.....[/quote]

your source? your super huge brain a guess [y]

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]This helps to soften the blow of high wages. The tax they pay. Higher rate: 40% £37,401-£150,000 Additional rate: 50% Over £150,000 HRH[/quote]

thats only for real working people. footballers seem to get a different law!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1347677/Top-footballers-like-Wayne-Rooney-dodge-millions-tax-cashing-loophole.html