Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Players wages

Right, firstly I''d just like to say that I am sorry if I offend anyone with this thread. I tried a search but nothing came up, so if you can refer me to a similar link, please do.

Here goes. Does anyone have much of an idea what Norwich players are earning? Just out of curiosity more than anything. I heard Doherty was one of our highest earners last season, on about £7,000 or £12,000 or something? Also heard Stephen Hughes is on a bit? Cureton was roumered to have been on about £10,000? And played such as Korey Smith and Rudd, wonder how much they get (considering they are so young)? All figures per week, obviously.

So yeah, thanks for any help. [:)]

Haha sorry mate, knew it was harsh. [:$] Lols, just kidding. Its just each time i make a thread I get pooed on. [:(]

Yeah its all kept a bit more low key these days.  I would be surprised if anyone is on over 10k atm.  Our highest earners i would expect would be Barnett, Hoolahan, Surman or maybe Ward.  Again players like Korey Smith would perhaps be on around 2.5k.  These are complete estimates, why not switch on Footy manager, probably wont be too far off.

No doubt someone who knows a player or 2 will be along soon to clear it up.

Unsure on our players today, but I heard Lee Croft turned us down for 6k a week to join Derby for 20k a week!

[quote user="hucksdh6.co.uk"]some of the stuff on here makes me laugh![/quote]

I can understand why but we really have no clue with regards to players wages so why not enlighten us. How about giving us an approximate wage range for the Norwich squad when you were playing i.e. Lowest wage/highest wage? Of course then theres bonus'' to consider, would love to know how valuable they are.

At the end of the day, footballers who earn over £1,000 a week are over paid. £1,000 a week is still £52,000 a year. never mind 4/5k a week is £200k/£250k a year!

I dont care how good a player is they do not do enough to earn £4,000 up to £250,000 a week! When they retire they should go off and get a normal job or work within football and not just expect to live at home 24/7! (abit like Gunny!!!)

I think clubs should have to say how much each player is being paid......

West Ham released their players weekly wages didn''t they? (or at least there was something floating around with the West Ham players wages...)

[quote user="hucksdh6couk"]some of the stuff on here makes me laugh![/quote]

I''m surprised its only some of the stuff that makes you laugh Hucks [:D]

Now which made you laugh loudest the £12k pw the opening poster thought Doc was on or the £20k pw that Derby supposedly offered your mate Crofty? [:)]

Hmm, I just don''t see how Yaya Toure should ever get £220,000 per week. This is over £11 million per year, for a player who isn''t world class, in my opinion. [:S]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

At the end of the day, footballers who earn over £1,000 a week are over paid. £1,000 a week is still £52,000 a year. never mind 4/5k a week is £200k/£250k a year!

I dont care how good a player is they do not do enough to earn £4,000 up to £250,000 a week! When they retire they should go off and get a normal job or work within football and not just expect to live at home 24/7! (abit like Gunny!!!)

[/quote]

You know what you can do then!!

Don''t go to football, in fact don''t even talk about it. YOU GO TO NORWICH GAMES YOU WATCH FOOTBALL that means you are paying they players wages, you are part of the whole scheme, same thing for musicians, actors etc, if you listen to music and watch films, you are paying for them....

Of course there are injustices, really why should someone who potentially saves lives (Doctors, nurses, firemen etc) get paid a fraction of some of these celebs and footballers, but it all comes down to where the money goes, people pay for the media that why footballs, actors etc etc get paid more than people like doctors.....

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote] You know what you can do then!! Don''t go to football, in fact don''t even talk about it. YOU GO TO NORWICH GAMES YOU WATCH FOOTBALL that means you are paying they players wages, you are part of the whole scheme, same thing for musicians, actors etc, if you listen to music and watch films, you are paying for them.... Of course there are injustices, really why should someone who potentially saves lives (Doctors, nurses, firemen etc) get paid a fraction of some of these celebs and footballers, but it all comes down to where the money goes, people pay for the media that why footballs, actors etc etc get paid more than people like doctors.....[/quote]

If i dont turn up on tuesday night, then my ticket would get sold to another norwich fan so the finances are not hurt! They should make all league have the same wage rule as league 2 that you can only spend 75% of income on wages! would be much more sensible!I dont pay for music.[:)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

You''re clearly familiar with the concept of free market capitalism and the law of supply and demand.

They can be replaced with ease.....

Which is your reason for not not going to football (saying your ticket would be taken by next person), if the kit man wasn''t happy with how much he is getting paid, he will get sacked and replaced (possibly with someone Polish :P)..

the fact of the matter is, people like Football, people pay to watch football, people moan about football, wether they moan about ticket prices, players wages, teams performance, the quality of the pies etc etc. People will moan, i personally like to moan at people moaning :P. Unless everyone in the world decided they aren''t going to pay £20+ for a football ticket, or for there sky sports subscription, and they won''t pay £10 for a cinema ticket or DVD, or a CD, then Footballers, actors, musicians will keep on getting paid the same amount.

yeah it is a good job isn''t it....

Searching for words here really.....

Oh, also probably isn''t a good idea admitting illegal activities on the internet, what if someone didn''t like you and reported you?

Hahahaha! Nana had better watch it then. Last time I checked it was easier to answer who liked him - no one!

In all seriousness although exagerated some of the comments on here are quite apt.

You have guys in the premiership earning as much as we spend on player transfers over two, three or even four seasons if not more. What the heck is going on?

That isn''t the entire picture either. Players can get sponsership deals and bonuses on top of that plus image rights etc.

The prem league does need bringing down a notch or two but that is unlikely unless they do it throughout Europe else you are talking about all of the big players playing abroad.

I personally would like to see a similar rule to the one they have in the states. Mt understanding is that there is a wage cap which depends on which league you are in. Each team is allowed one player that can be paid above and beyond that wage cap - essentially a named star player.

Again this would only work if it was implemented across Europe at least.

One thing I do understand is that football players have a career that normally spans 15-20years. After that they have to work like the rest of us. Some find it harder than others. Personally I have no problem with them making good money whilst they play - just not silly money like tens of millions a year.

[quote user="chicken"]Hahahaha! Nana had better watch it then. Last time I checked it was easier to answer who liked him - no one! In all seriousness although exagerated some of the comments on here are quite apt. You have guys in the premiership earning as much as we spend on player transfers over two, three or even four seasons if not more. What the heck is going on? That isn''t the entire picture either. Players can get sponsership deals and bonuses on top of that plus image rights etc. The prem league does need bringing down a notch or two but that is unlikely unless they do it throughout Europe else you are talking about all of the big players playing abroad. I personally would like to see a similar rule to the one they have in the states. Mt understanding is that there is a wage cap which depends on which league you are in. Each team is allowed one player that can be paid above and beyond that wage cap - essentially a named star player. Again this would only work if it was implemented across Europe at least. One thing I do understand is that football players have a career that normally spans 15-20years. After that they have to work like the rest of us. Some find it harder than others. Personally I have no problem with them making good money whilst they play - just not silly money like tens of millions a year.[/quote]

its the same as you having on job for 20 years and then finding a new one ! just get paid less.

Remember we have just returned from the depths of financial ruin. I would be surprised if many, if any players are scratching at the upper echelons of 7 or 8,000 a week!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I think clubs should have to say how much each player is being paid......

West Ham released their players weekly wages didn''t they? (or at least there was something floating around with the West Ham players wages...)[/quote]

And you''d like your company to let the world know the ins and outs of your pay/salary/benefits....?!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]anyone have ideas about the wages of the physio, 1st team coach, kit man, fitness trainer - the real main men of norwich.[/quote]

You don''t half talk a load of rubbish, I''m surprised your Dad doesn''t take you in hand when he reads some of your comments.

[quote user="Mini Jet Heeled Frontman"][quote user="Gingerpele"]I think clubs should have to say how much each player is being paid......

West Ham released their players weekly wages didn''t they? (or at least there was something floating around with the West Ham players wages...)[/quote]

And you''d like your company to let the world know the ins and outs of your pay/salary/benefits....?![/quote]

I''m a student :P and unfortunately don''t have a job at the moment.....

Also, i don''t see how actually giving a round figure (say Grant Holt earns 5k a week, rather than make people guess) can really be that bad?

Most football players do NOT have careers that last 15-20 years. Only the vey elite do. Most never get past amatuer level. Most who make pro do not last more than a few seasons.

Players are paid what they are worth to the person paying them. So are firemen, nurses and janitors.

Saying players would make only 1K/week reeks of classism and jealousy. If you were John Terry would you want 1K/wk when you knew you could make 400 times that? If you were Rudy the concession stand guy, would you really think your work was worth 400K/wk? If so, then you''d market yourself to the stadium that was going to give you that and be jobless.

I agree that it is ridiculous how much elite players make, especially compared to other pros. I mean, the difference between a Rooney and a 4th Div striker is not ALL that much, but that little bit of difference Rooney has makes him worth hundreds of times more than the guy playing for Bournemouth. And, his team is willng to fork over that much. So, why shouldn''t he take it?

As for getting jobs when they are done, most players who are in the top 2 divisions these days would not need to work another day in their lives post football if they were even slightly responsible with their money, so assuming they become shop clerks or newspaper boys after they get cut for the last time is, pardon the spelling, shaudenfreud, pleasure in someone else''s misery.