Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

yesterdays game

went to the worst ground I have been to with the quietest fans ever other than us making all the noise!!! Got to say that although we had more posession by far we never really created much at all as Speroni only made one save all game where Ruddy made two or three. what was obvious to me though was we were trying to walk the ball in whole game!! why do we not shoot more from outside the box? also we badly needed width so hopefully if we get Bennett that problem will be solved soon!!

Very accurate summary of yesterdays game!

We are not good enough or direct enough in the final 3rd of the pitch. We don''t put enough pressure on the oppositions penalty box which is where most goals are scored and indeed chances are created!

The current Palace team are the poorest Palace team I''ve ever seen, yet but for Ruddy and the CB''s being in great form we''d of lost!   

[quote user="baldyboy"]went to the worst ground I have been to with the quietest fans ever other than us making all the noise!!! Got to say that although we had more posession by far we never really created much at all as Speroni only made one save all game where Ruddy made two or three. what was obvious to me though was we were trying to walk the ball in whole game!! why do we not shoot more from outside the box? also we badly needed width so hopefully if we get Bennett that problem will be solved soon!!
[/quote]

lansbury given us the arsenal way? [;)]

To me the game proved why we need Bennett. I had never really understood the need up to now, because it looked like the real need was a striker to give Holt some support.

However, Bennett may hold the key to unlocking defences and open up space for Martin and Jackson. If we do complete this signing it could well be the difference between play-off hopefuls and real top two challengers. Although I would love it, if we signed a striker as well.

Both Chris Martin and Lansbury were poor yesterday and the team as a whole gave the ball away far too much. Palace didn''t really create anything out of their own possession, all of their chances came from us giving the ball away and them hitting us on the break.

Our best players were Ruddy, Barnett, Whitbread and Hoolahan. The latter was by far and away the best player on the pitch.

Based on ysterday i do have a real concern as to where the goals are going to come from. I am not sure if Bennett is the answer or not but we need to find someone to play alongside Holt as none of the current candidates are looking like scoring. I usually defend Super Chris but he''s not on song at all at the moment.

By the way people are talking up Bennett, anyone would think he''s a Maradona or Zidane.

I sincerely hope that if we do sign him, all these people who have never watched him play or hadn''t heard of him up until 2 weeks ago, haven''t set their hopes too high?!?