Sign in to follow this  
Willmeister

Anyone else think Whitbread was M.O.M yesterday?

[quote user="Willmeister"]I thought he had a really good all round game, good in the tackle, good distribution and looked generally very assured.
[/quote]

By a distance, in my view. Absolute class.

I think we have the best central defenders at the club we''ve had for many a year, Barnett has been excellent since he''s been here and I''ve been very impressed with Whitbread since he came back from injury. Both are very mobile and good in the air, add to that the fact that Ward and Nelson are both half decent and we''re well stocked in that department. We have certainly come a long way since the Doc was considered to be our best defender by some people, makes you realise just how poor our defence had been for far to long.

Barney''n''Zak were really good yesterday albeit against a poor side. It was a bit like a training match for them - lots to deal with but nothing too difficult.

Liked the way they worked well together - a real positive from the game.

Didn''t go yesterday but he got lots of good comments on Radio Norfolk saying how well he defended, not always by making a tackle but by making it difficult for the opposing player to get in a decent shot on target.Like many on here I think he may be one of those players who turns out to be a '' sicknote ''. With his horrible past injury record he''s a long way from shaking off that tag but if he can stay fit then it looks like we''ve got a very good player indeed on our books.If he starts on Tuesday in the match against his former club I wouldn''t be surprised if he''s MOTM by the end of it.....

Whitbread and Barnett looked pretty shaky in the first ten minutes, then got better and better. The complete opposite of the midfield/attack who started really well and then got worse and worse.

But MOM was Ruddy if you ask me. Best game I''ve seen him have for City.