Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Player Ratings?

Any ratings from the people that went yesterday?Be interesting to hear your opinions[Y]

What did the Canary call people think, there the most reliable source when rating how well the players did.... You never get generic answers like Martin is lazy etc :P

Hmm. I''d drop Crofts to 6, Whitbread 8 & put Hooly up to 8 personally; Wes certainly caused more consternation than anyone else in the Palace fans where I was sitting. Got really annoyed with himself when he lost the ball on halfway & tracked back ferociously as well. Bit harsh on Lansbury too; a 6 perhaps? I think he has the right attitude, & certainly the aptitude, but gets frustrated that it''s not quite right at the moment. He also looked one of the few players prepared to have a shot.Grant came up against some physically strong players today. Cleverer & quicker than the taunts of  "you fat bastard" from the opposition merited. A couple of times he was on the verge of nicking the ball & breaking through, only to be thwarted by his opponents hanging onto the ball through sheer tenacity. Overall I''d give him a 6.

Fox was maybe a 5 .s he gave the ball away in dangerous positions but I am being pedantic. Very accurate summary for me. Whitbread was definitely man of the match. I think it was a very good point considering that at least 5/6 of the team didnt perform to the usual level yesterday.

Would put up Holty''s mark on the basis of him, twice being the player to bust a gut to get back after Landsbury ( I think) gave the ball away just outside the penalty area allowing Palace to break 4 on 3

Quite a disappointing result overall, Swansea turned them over 3-0 a couple of weeks a go and if we want to be up there we have to match them.

I definitely think a striker needs to be signed after the last few games.

Maybe a long shot with only tomorrow to get one, but I think even if we get one on loan it would help for the rest of the season.

Or Chris Martin hits a bit of form!!

I''m intrigued by the low ratings some of you seem to give Wes. I just can''t see that players like Wilbraham, Jackson, Crofts etc.contributed more thanhe did. His ability to beat (several) players, pass, switch attack, overall energy & enthusiasm was better than anyone else on the pitch. He is totally unselfish as well. I really don''t know what else he is supposed to do.

[quote user="Herman "]Drury gets a lot of low marks as well!? Just an off game?[/quote]He was crocked by the time he got to my side of the pitch, but I hadn''t seen anything sparkling in the first half either. Russell had a couple of crosses blocked, that''s all I really noticed from him. Both full backs seemed below par to me.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Herman "]Drury gets a lot of low marks as well!? Just an off game?[/quote]

He was crocked by the time he got to my side of the pitch, but I hadn''t seen anything sparkling in the first half either. Russell had a couple of crosses blocked, that''s all I really noticed from him. Both full backs seemed below par to me.

[/quote]

The poor quality of our final balls was a real feature of the game and I agree that both Drury and Russell  Martin looked off their usual standards. In fact, our passing generally was really disappointing.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Herman "]Drury gets a lot of low marks as well!? Just an off game?[/quote]

He was crocked by the time he got to my side of the pitch, but I hadn''t seen anything sparkling in the first half either. Russell had a couple of crosses blocked, that''s all I really noticed from him. Both full backs seemed below par to me.

[/quote]

The poor quality of our final balls was a real feature of the game and I agree that both Drury and Russell  Martin looked off their usual standards. In fact, our passing generally was really disappointing.

[/quote]

Don''t give anyone a bad mark for Christs sake, you''ll be accused of picking on them.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Don''t give anyone a bad mark for Christs sake, you''ll be accused of picking on them.[/quote]

[:D]I think i can trust these to guys give honest opinions.

Ruddy 8

Martin 5

Drury 7

Whitbread 8

Barnett 9.8 (would have been 10 but for the 1 mistake)

Crofts 6

Lansbury 4

Fox 6

Hoolahan 8

Martin 7

Holt 7

Wilbraham 6

Tierney 6

Jackson 7

Holt had a game to forget, totally dominated by Gardner. The best players were all at the back, Whitbred, Barnett and Ruddy all did well. Russel Martin got forward but his final ball was poor. I dont think Lansbury looks great at the tip of the diamond either. I dont think anyone was awful, just a lot of very average performances at once. It was the kind of game where we needed a player like Elliot Bennett to create something.

Ruddy 8

Martin 5

Drury 6

Whitbread 7

Barnett 7

Crofts 6

Lansbury 4

Fox 5

Hoolahan 8

Martin 4

Holt 6

Wilbraham 5