Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bates

Bennet set to sign on deadline day as tranfer finally agreed

But where does he fit in amongst a midfield already consisting of K.Smith, Lansbury, Fox, Surman, Hoolahan and Crofts? Don''t get me wrong, he could turn out to be a fantastic signing and I''m sure he will enhance the squad, but if he''s going to be used as a winger when we play 4-4-2, given our limited budget it seems like a lot of money to spend on a player to give us a ''Plan B''.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]But where does he fit in amongst a midfield already consisting of K.Smith, Lansbury, Fox, Surman, Hoolahan and Crofts? Don''t get me wrong, he could turn out to be a fantastic signing and I''m sure he will enhance the squad, but if he''s going to be used as a winger when we play 4-4-2, given our limited budget it seems like a lot of money to spend on a player to give us a ''Plan B''.
[/quote]

is MacNamee doesn''t play then it £1m well spent!

I like the diamond, but when it''s not working, as it wasn''t against Palace, the idea of bringing on a decent winger is very attractive.

Our crossing was so poor yesterday it crossed my mind that Lambert had told the players to show the board just how much we needed Bennett.

A little like Worthy''s striker-free team vs Northampton all those years ago which was the prompt for the signings of Crouch and Hucks.

I am joking, of course, but it seems obvious that Bennett would add something to our squad that we don''t currently have.

[quote user="Michael Bates"]From the same source that told me of Tierney''s medical. We have obviously been in for him all window and if correct, Lambert has finally got his man![/quote]

Fingers crossed [:)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]I still doubt we''ll get him.[/quote]Same here Wiz, I''m feeling it''s going to be pretty much a transfer deadline day non event for us, in saying that you can but hope.

[quote user="Twitchy"]Easy there tiger you optimistic arse CN1F lol, I''m just pre programmed to plan for the worst.[/quote]

Same here Twitchy, that way we don''t get dissapointed.[Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Twitchy"]Easy there tiger you optimistic arse CN1F lol, I''m just pre programmed to plan for the worst.[/quote]

[/quote]Everyone''s a winner eh Wiz.

[quote user="Twitchy"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]
Everyone''s a winner eh Wiz.
[/quote]

I''m with you boys.

Expect the worst - and it happens - you were right all along.

If something great happens - who cares you were wrong!

Still think there is no point in bringing this guy in if we can''t hit the string.

We''ve had so much possession in the last few games, we looked like we were trying to walk it in at times.

Lambert MUST be looking at a decent striker too - mustn''t he...?

I think it is obvious to everyone who watches Norwich what we need.We need a right sided winger who can cross the ball and add to the goals scored by other thus  Bennett.It is also obvious that we need a striker who knows where the goal is to play off Holt and run onto passes, Jackson isn''t that man, we don''t have the funds to purchase a top striker to make our own, so we need to loan someone.Hence tomorrow we deffo need a striker as well as bennett, if bennett doesn''t happen i.e Brighton don''t accept our bid then okay no major problembut we need that striker otherwise I feel the opportunity to get into the premiership will pass us by.

I,m hoping for bennett and a top striker (by championshop standards) on  loan from the premiershipif we don''t get one i feel the best we can hope for is the play off''s.

I prefer to let Paul Lambert & the back room staff identify who we can get, make the offers, & sign the best we can afford. Then train them, and only Paul Lambert & his coaches are qualified to know what players and tactics are best suited to the upcoming game.

If we manage to get any players in tomorrow, fine, but you won''t find me dreaming up this or that player is on his way, i''ll just wait until it actually happens. I''ve got xperteleven for the fantasy football stuff.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="ryan1992"]I''d be happy to sign Bennett as Lambert obviously see''s him as the type of player to get us where we want to be come May, BUT, I''d be slightly worried about spending the rumoured £1.3m+ on a player that Hasn''t ever played in this league. To be honest, I don''t think I''d ever heard of him before we were rumoured to be interested in him! Still, in Lambo we trust![/quote]

We signed Dean Ashton who had also never played above League One, and he went straight to the Prem, and that was for about 3.5 million from what I recall. If Bennett can cross a ball in Div 1 I''m sure he can still do it at Championship level.

[/quote]Ashton was playing at Championship level when we signed him and he was scoring for fun.