Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bates

Bennet set to sign on deadline day as tranfer finally agreed

Great to see a little ambition. I just hope he''s worth it. It''s not often Norwich have spent more than M£1.

Two years ago they would have spent it on some cushions for the City Stand Pile relief fund.

Thanks for the heads up, but leedscanary is a trusted poster and his source that got the Tierney deal right, got his rumour wrong. It sounds good, but the deal has had so many twists and turns even a ston certainty could change!

while i would love bennet to sign along with a new striker to help out holt who on here actually knows whats going on. unless your sources are mates with lambert or the player we are after no one does. i say sit back enjoy the ride wait and see who comes through the door. whilst doing this lets enjoy being 2nd and gunning for the premiership.

OTBC

I''d be happy to sign Bennett as Lambert obviously see''s him as the type of player to get us where we want to be come May, BUT, I''d be slightly worried about spending the rumoured £1.3m+ on a player that Hasn''t ever played in this league. To be honest, I don''t think I''d ever heard of him before we were rumoured to be interested in him! Still, in Lambo we trust!

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Great to see a little ambition. I just hope he''s worth it. It''s not often Norwich have spent more than M£1.

Two years ago they would have spent it on some cushions for the City Stand Pile relief fund.

[/quote] 

I take my own cushion, however I must say that piles are not something one should belittle!

For what it''s worth, I got chatting to a Brighton fan on the train home last night who said that the word on the terraces at their game against Watford was that the clubs had agreed a fee of £1.2m subject to medical.

[quote user="ryan1992"]I''d be happy to sign Bennett as Lambert obviously see''s him as the type of player to get us where we want to be come May, BUT, I''d be slightly worried about spending the rumoured £1.3m+ on a player that Hasn''t ever played in this league. To be honest, I don''t think I''d ever heard of him before we were rumoured to be interested in him! Still, in Lambo we trust![/quote]

We signed Dean Ashton who had also never played above League One, and he went straight to the Prem, and that was for about 3.5 million from what I recall. If Bennett can cross a ball in Div 1 I''m sure he can still do it at Championship level.

[quote user="jabba"]while i would love bennet to sign along with a new striker to help out holt who on here actually knows whats going on. unless your sources are mates with lambert or the player we are after no one does. i say sit back enjoy the ride wait and see who comes through the door. whilst doing this lets enjoy being 2nd and gunning for the premiership.

OTBC[/quote]For your info jabba MB told us of a player signing well well before he signed on that day. Thnx again MB I 100% beleive u again thnx for the info much appreciated Hopefully Bennett will be our hucks and with the rest of the squad take us over the finish line to the Prem OTBC

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="ryan1992"]I''d be happy to sign Bennett as Lambert obviously see''s him as the type of player to get us where we want to be come May, BUT, I''d be slightly worried about spending the rumoured £1.3m+ on a player that Hasn''t ever played in this league. To be honest, I don''t think I''d ever heard of him before we were rumoured to be interested in him! Still, in Lambo we trust![/quote]

We signed Dean Ashton who had also never played above League One, and he went straight to the Prem, and that was for about 3.5 million from what I recall. If Bennett can cross a ball in Div 1 I''m sure he can still do it at Championship level.

[/quote]

Hope you''re right, but remember there is a big gap between League 1 and fighting for a place in the Premier League. Last year Martin scored 17 in League 1 and Jackson scored 16 last year, but this year has shown how difficult the step up can be. I''d rather the money be spent on a proven goal scorer for this League, rather than spending a high amount on a player which wouldn''t even fit in the current team unless the formation was changed, but why would Lambert do that when the diamond has got us into 2nd place?

"Jackson can''t score at Champtionship level.... (I would say Martin couldn''t either, but he''s scored a couple more :P)"

I know Martin scored a few in this divison when he was younger, but actually in this season - Martin has failed to score more than Jackson depsite much more time on the pitch

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Your figures are wrong Martin has scored more than Jackson and he certainly has more assists.[/quote]

I thought in this season, in this league they had scored 4 goals each?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Jackson can''t score at Champtionship level.... (I would say Martin couldn''t either, but he''s scored a couple more :P)[/quote]For one, Martin has appeared far more frequently in the league, and the ''couple more'' goals he''s scored we''re fired in against League Two opposition in the cup. In the Championship it is unquestionable that Jackson has therefore shown himself to be at least as clinical at this level as Martin is this season.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Your figures are wrong Martin has scored more than Jackson and he certainly has more assists.[/quote]

It''s possible that Martin has more assists (i can''t say i know for sure how many Jackson has had), but with only 2 assists to his name, it''s certainly not a lot more than Simeon (especially for someone who has had a considerably larger amount of opportunities to make an impact).In truth, no one apart from Holt, and Lappin to an extent, has been tallying a notable amount of assists this season.Lambert is thoroughly more on the ball than anyone on this forum (including myself) in targeting players like Bennett.

I didn''t say he scored more in the league this season, he scored when he came into the team in his first season....

Jackson has shown him self as not good enough, its fine us all giving our opinion on the two, but the fact of the matter is, Lambert plays Martin more and that isn''t just because he can, its because he has reason to.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I didn''t say he scored more in the league this season, he scored when he came into the team in his first season.... Jackson has shown him self as not good enough, its fine us all giving our opinion on the two, but the fact of the matter is, Lambert plays Martin more and that isn''t just because he can, its because he has reason to.[/quote]

Still not convinced that we need him, and as someone has said I would rather spend the money on a championship striker, there are a few about keeping benches warm  

[quote user="John"] In truth, no one apart from Holt, and Lappin to an extent, has been tallying a notable amount of assists this season.

[/quote]

LOL.

Assists 2011 - Holt - 8 / Fox - 5 / Crofts, Smith - 3 / Lappin, Martin (C), Martin (R), Drury - 2

I''m pretty sure Chris Martin set up 2 goals against Ipswich so he hasn''t assisted another goal all season?!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I didn''t say he scored more in the league this season, he scored when he came into the team in his first season....

Jackson has shown him self as not good enough, its fine us all giving our opinion on the two, but the fact of the matter is, Lambert plays Martin more and that isn''t just because he can, its because he has reason to.[/quote]Your first point was very misleading, but no, Martin did not score a ''couple more'' than Jackson in his first season in the Championship. He scored 4, just as Jackson has.Jackson more frequently finds himself in goal scoring positions than Martin for the time he spends on the pitch. However his confidence in the final third is lacking at the moment, that much is clear to see. When a player like Jackson is for the most part falling short in that department they''re not of all that much use, but it also merely shows he''s out of form, and it doesn''t provide anywhere near enough evidence to assume that he''s simply not good enough.You''re right, Lambert has made his decisions for a good reason, but by the same token, there is a good reason why Jackson remains not only at the club, but on the substitutes bench at the very least when fit. That is because Lambert knows full well that Simeon is ''capable'' of stepping into a side at this level of football, and his usual absence from the starting line-up is due to the form he''s been in, not a rash judgement on his ability; as anyone with enough sense will know not to form a concrete judgement on a player only months after stepping up into the Championship

My point was Martin has scored more in the championship overall....

This is really Chris Martins first full season in the Championship.... the previous time he was on his own up front some of the time (which can''t be easy when you first come into the team). Basically neither of them are actually doing anything on the pitch in front of goal, and to some extent you could argue Holt hasn''t been effective in that way either (if you take away his Hattrick, its only 7 goals for Holt, but he has a much bigger impact overall).

When i have seen Jackson play, i just don''t see how he''s going to score, and in theory it doesn''t make sense, surely Hoolahan should be creating chances for him? But he hasn''t and don''t know who''s fault that is. But until Jackson actually gets a few more games and makes a bigger impact, i don''t really see how anyone can expect him to help..... (Same goes for MArtin to some extent, but the fact that he does play, and is involved in a lot of the attacking play, means even though he''s not making the impact we expected/hope for he is still doing something, that to my knowledge Jackson doesn''t do when he''s on the pitch)