Sign in to follow this  
York Canary

Joe Lewis to be sold?

Peterborough just signed highly rated first team keeper Paul Jones from Exeter on loan. Manager says it''s for competition with Joe, but you never know..a bit more money into the coffers at the last minute if Joe goes?? (very, very hopeful, I know!)

He won''t be going for that much though.

Even though he is still young, he didn''t have a very good season last year did he, and quite often GKs at the rubbish teams in the league often get a lot of praise. But i only really remember hearing bad things about his Championship form.

You have to be realistic about this. We sold Robert Green to West Ham for £2 million after he was proven in the championship and had acquitted himself pretty well in the Premiership. When you also factor in that Paul Robinson was sold to Blackburn for £3.5 million when he has had a long international career, played well in a world cup and is still pretty young. How much can Peterborough realistically expect for Joe Lewis? I would have thought £1.5 million tops. But then again this transfer window is absolutely bonkers so who knows?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]He won''t be going for that much though. Even though he is still young, he didn''t have a very good season last year did he, and quite often GKs at the rubbish teams in the league often get a lot of praise. But i only really remember hearing bad things about his Championship form.[/quote]

where did you get that from then? he won there player of the year and is only one a few plus points this year...

vman, from reports on here mainly, i don''t remember seeing one comment praising him. I didn''t realise he was POTS there, but then again they were poor. He''s good in League One, but i thought he was mistake ridden in the Championship, and if he wasn''t then fair enough, but tbh i only heard bad things. (He still has youth on his side though)

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]Could be Coventry for a nominal fee.[/quote]

could be right cov have to sell westwood for 1m , out of contract at the end of the season, worth at least 5 times that