Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Elliott Bennett deal is off

No source of any great standard within club has told me this, but I''ve been told by a couple of individuals that this deal is off now.

If true, a real shame. We need more quality to push us over the line.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]No source of any great standard within club has told me this, but I''ve been told by a couple of individuals that this deal is off now.

If true, a real shame. We need more quality to push us over the line.[/quote]Did i miss something? Was it ever on???

No reports of any deal ever being accepted, two had been turned down before Bennet handed in a transfer request, no more news on that one

How can you think one talksport rumour (have they got anything right today so far?) means he''s off to Leeds... He''s not off anywhere.

Now that would be a kick in the teeth for Lambert , his number 1 target signing for a promotion rival .

[quote user="Gingerpele"]How can you think one talksport rumour (have they got anything right today so far?) means he''s off to Leeds... He''s not off anywhere.[/quote]

They got Carroll, Torres and Adams spot on.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]How can you think one talksport rumour (have they got anything right today so far?) means he''s off to Leeds... He''s not off anywhere.[/quote]

They got Carroll, Torres and Adams spot on.

[/quote]

Which ones of them have moved yet?

And everyone has been liking those three with moves....

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]No source of any great standard within club has told me this, but I''ve been told by a couple of individuals that this deal is off now. If true, a real shame. We need more quality to push us over the line.[/quote]

Didnt realise it was ever on, thought they had turned down our offer days ago and he was at Brigton training as noram at lunchtime?

I think everybody thought when the transfer request went in they would have no choice but to sell , it seems Brighton are made of sterner stuff .

I honestly can''t see Brighton selling. They have a new ground next year and are hence desperate to be in the champ. They have a quality manager who has publically said that he wants to keep Bennett, the board have to back him or risk him leaving. The player wants to leave but he is on a long enough contract to cash in on him in the Summer when they can replace him being able to attract better quality players after promotion. At this stage in the transfer window we would have to pay very silly money to tempt them to sell. It would be like us selling Hoolahan tonight. Just can''t see it.