Sign in to follow this  
Bird Table

Spotted!

I''ve just been stood next to Damien Francis in the St Stephens branch of Barclays. He was paying in a cheque I think, must be his scoring bonus.

I like player spottings! I was once at a petrol station after a game talking to the guy behind the till about gary holt, un aware that holty himself was standing right behind me in the que.

Did you talk to the midfield genius?

[quote]I like player spottings! I was once at a petrol station after a game talking to the guy behind the till about gary holt, un aware that holty himself was standing right behind me in the que. Did you t...[/quote]

No, I''m always too scared to say anything to players in case they tell me to naff off, thus ruining thier hero status. I''ve shaken hands with Svensson and Helveg though and they both seem very nice chaps.

I saw Billy from Eastenders in Marks and Spencers this lunch time.

By the way I work in Elstree, right near Elstree studios and the Eastenders outdoor set, regularly see the actors.  I know this has nothing to do with football, Norwich or anything but what the hey

I met Brian Little in a garage pay queue once a few years back. I told him how he and the Villa team had broken my heart as an 11 year old boy back at Wembley in 1975. He did sort of mumble an apology, but he never could speak very clearly so it might not have been.

Now if it had been Ray Graydon then I might have been even more animated - amazing how these things scar you for life isn''t it!

Me and some mates went to the England V Croatia game at Pooman Road (mature, I know) a couple of season''s ago. We were a bit late coming out of the pub and were charging up the stairs in the ground when somebody rushed down in the opposite direction saying "Excuse me lads". We all looked at each other and said "That was Bobby Robson wasn''t it?!" Just as we got to our seats, he appeared on the pitch to meet the teams as guest of honour.

[quote]I''ve just been stood next to Damien Francis in the St Stephens branch of Barclays. He was paying in a cheque I think, must be his scoring bonus.[/quote]

Hey Marmite don''t worry about being knocked back by Damo. He''s a really nice guy and is always willing to chat. Have bumped into him a couple of times in an Italian restaurant on a Saturday night after a game, he''s normally out with Leon as well, they seem really good mates.

Have also spoken to Svenny, Matty and Helveg in the same restaurant as they were all out celebrating Svennys birthday (we even bought him a bottle of wine)! and Johannson from Charlton was there as well.

That''s the good thing about a club like ours, the players are willing to have a chat with you, and are just normal blokes really, unlike the prima donnas from other clubs.

I saw Darren Huckerby in my local Ottakers store (lincoln this is) and he picked up Steve McManaman''s autobiography. I smiled at him and said "You''re far better than he is" and he ended up chatting to me for about 5 minutes.

I walked smack into Emile Heskey at an England U-21 international a few years back at Carrow Road, just said scuse me mate and carried on, until it clicked and I turned around and he waved.

I once saw Dale Gordon in the Homebase or B+Q in Yarmouth with a trolley full of kitchen unit stuff.Nice to know even City legends get lumbered with DIY

I remember for the new year’s celebrations going into 2004 that I saw Ian Henderson and Clint Easton out (possible think a few more were out but can’t remember!). At the time I had no idea our game away to Gillingham had been called off so I drunkenly went up to them and asked what the hell they were doing in Squares getting lashed the night b4 a game!!! Not sure they heard, don’t think they were too impressed either, because I ruined their street credibility with the ladies!!!

I started talking to Helveg before the fulham game when he was giving me his autograph. Only thing was that we were talking to him in ITALIAN!!

It started when i said buona fortuna meaning good luck. He laughed and asked me if i was italian, nd then we talked about his time playing for Inter and AC Milan and how he''s finding it over here. Seems to have settled in fine.

[quote]Earlier on I bought some petrol, behind me was Mr Rodney Slater from Thorpe St Andrew. Must have a car[/quote]

Very, very funny