Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jay

Don't worry...be happy

To all those that are disappointed that we didn''t bring anyone in, yes, it was a shame. However, Mr Lambert paved the way for this when he said he wouldn''t go get anyone in for the sake of it.

We''ve lost Nelson to Scunthorpe, which is probably a good move for the player himself, albeit disappointing to lose a good player.

But on the plus side, how nice was it not have a day of "Hoolahan to X", "Martin to Y", "Holt to Z"? We''ve let a lot of players go out on loan to get first team experience, we''ve got the equivalent of a new signing in Surman when he''s back in the squad...things could be a LOT worse.

McNally knows what the club is capable of financially, Lambert picks players on what''s available in the coffers. He targetted the lad from Brighton, but it wasn''t to be.

When you look at the crazy money spent this evening (not putting us in the same bracket, just thinking of debts and such), I think we''ve had a good window. Money was there, it wasn''t wasted - and it''s there for a rainy day. Plus there''s loan options to consider.

I say we''re in good shape :)

Although it would be nice to get someone in, I completely agree. I read on the BBC transfer thing someone comment how the big 3 in the premiership had been quiet, and that it indicated that they had a settled squad. The same is true about us, if it aint broke dont fix it. The current players have got us to where we are, I see no reason why they cant continue this, especially with Lambert at the helm. The last thing we would want is for someone to come in and disrupt our momentum.

Not really sure why you''ve linked to a post that is a) old and nothing to do with my content and b) seems to be "song related"

My post was mostly to remind people who seemed to be super-mega-effing-peed off that we''ve not signed anyone that we''re doing ok.

But no, you''re right - I''ll trawl through all kinds before voicing an opinion in future.

Apologies :(

I agree we should be happy.

Signing players does not guarantee you promotion. We''ll still have a damn good crack with what we have.

Our current squad have beaten/drawn with most of the clubs that are "Up There" in the table. We can do it with what we have.

Look at how much Middlesbrough spent in the summer, and look at where they are now....

Last January we signed Russell Martin, McNamee, Michael Rose (loan), still went onto win league, and make a couple of loans.

Lamberto did say he wanted 3, which is exactly what he has. Should not be a surprise, and still have 4 mins

I''m inclined to agree - we''re sat in second place with a settled side, so there''s not really that much wrong. It would be/have been great to add to the squad, but equally would only really be worth it with a decent first-choice player.

If it didn''t happen then fine - we''ve got the loan period open to us in just over a week and can tap into if if needs be. But when you consider we''ve just had Zak back to fitness and with Ward and Surman returning, they are almost going to be like new signings in themselves.