Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

I wish people would stop saying 'Were 2nd'!!!!

If Cardiff, Forest and Watford win their games in hand they are all above us!

Were not points clear, And we dont have a God given right to win matches, we grind out every point we get. Eventyally we will get caught out!

Were 10 points above 11th, if we slip up against an 8th place Millwall and get beat at Burnley, we could well be out of the playoffs!

Very dissapointed with tonight!

1)  They have to win their games first.  Not cut and dried and there are still matches to be played before then.  Clearly Leeds'' games in hand did them loads of good last year didn''t it.2)  Anything can happen, instead of worrying about what scenarios may or may not occur why not stop worrying and just, you know, try and enjoy it?  And get a sense of perspective while you''re at it.

"''Were 2nd''!!!!"

We still are

We can still sign players after Feb 8th, so stop whining

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Anything can happen, instead of worrying about what scenarios may or may not occur why not stop worrying and just, you know, try and enjoy it?  And get a sense of perspective while you''re at it.[/quote]Enjoy it? We should be in the Champions League, not fighting for scraps in the play-offs. How can we enjoy such perennial underachievement?We should have signed quality players like Jonathan Grounds, Troy Archibald-Henville, David Carney, Antoine Sibierski and Jimmy Smith. That''s how you get out of this division.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Were not points clear, And we dont have a God given right to win matches, we grind out every point we get. Eventyally we will get caught out!

Were 10 points above 11th, if we slip up against an 8th place Millwall and get beat at Burnley, we could well be out of the playoffs!

[/quote]Get a grip, there are still 50+ points to play for.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote][IMG]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT19BSxfp7QY_Q2pRs6NwQzHkbLpjgTWY7a8ecbA216-UJURtc_&t=1[/IMG]

thats how close the championship is. I agree with you that what people are saying would be a lot different should we have 6 less points but at the end of the day us, QPR, Cardiff, Swansea, Forest, Watford etc are all in the hunt for the auto spots.

Yes they do have games in hand, but they still have to win them, hopefully they slip up tomorrow and we bag 3 points to make things look a little better

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Anything can happen, instead of worrying about what scenarios may or may not occur why not stop worrying and just, you know, try and enjoy it?  And get a sense of perspective while you''re at it.[/quote]Enjoy it? We should be in the Champions League, not fighting for scraps in the play-offs. How can we enjoy such perennial underachievement?We should have signed quality players like Jonathan Grounds, Troy Archibald-Henville, David Carney, Antoine Sibierski and Jimmy Smith. That''s how you get out of this division.[/quote]Of course!  Why didn''t I think of this before?  Damn me and my lack of ambition!

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

You haven''t explained why? ''If'' the other teams win just looks like ''fear-based'' thinking to me. What ''if'' we keep doing what we have been doing?

When Surman returns it will be like a new signing - and should last season''s holy trinity find their shooting boots again it could all be very different. We could go top.

Oh dear OP, talk about ultimate negativity and making yourself look like a complete moaning waste of time git.Look at the table WE ARE SECOND!Sorry for enjoying what has been my best season as  acity supporter in a good few years and taking a few positives.CHEER UP MATE.

A few good ptsWe have played Cardiff H & AWe have played QPR H&AWe have played Forest A

In my opinion those 3 teams are the one''s most likely to be challenging for the top 2We will keep our top 2 place beating teams like Millwall at home and making CR a fortress and if we win all ourremaining home games and the odd game away we will remain top 2Remember those 3 teams have to play each other so both can''t get 3 pts.COME ON YOU YELLOWSTurn up the volume and lets intimidate the away team and really be the 13th man.We can do this.

Why were you disappointed last night, and not every other day of january in which we didn''t sign a player?

And why are you so upset with people stating out current position. So bloody negative, your saying if we lose and lose, but what if we win and win? Or is that not an option because we didn''t go and spend £10 million on a few players?

I''d like the OP to tell me exactly what reply I''m supposed to give if somebody asks me "where are you in the league". If I was to walk around tell everyone that we''re 5th , because thats the worst possible scenario if the other teams win all their games in hand, I''d be branded a lunatic.

Because sensible people can see City will fall away , its not the first time a newly promoted team have hung around the top six most of the season then fell away , Colchester and Leicester are good examples . I very much doubt we will manage to finish in the top 6 , then how long will Lambert hang around ? . Burnley Saturday will be a good test and i fully expect to lose that by 3 .

[quote user="NoAmbition"]Because sensible people can see City will fall away , its not the first time a newly promoted team have hung around the top six most of the season then fell away , Colchester and Leicester are good examples . I very much doubt we will manage to finish in the top 6 , then how long will Lambert hang around ? . Burnley Saturday will be a good test and i fully expect to lose that by 3 .
[/quote]

Shouldn''t you be focusing on beating Derby?

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

A lot of ''ifs'' there fella.

[quote user="NoAmbition"]Because sensible people can see City will fall away , its not the first time a newly promoted team have hung around the top six most of the season then fell away , Colchester and Leicester are good examples . I very much doubt we will manage to finish in the top 6 , then how long will Lambert hang around ? . Burnley Saturday will be a good test and i fully expect to lose that by 3 .[/quote]You fully expect us to lose that by three goals, when we''re undefeated away from home in more than three months? Good god, I bet you just can''t wait for us to get relegated again, can you?