Sign in to follow this  
canariesmr2

Season Now Depends On Our Strikers

In my opinion promotion now hinges on the 4 strikers we have available. If 1 or 2 of these can come into form and start scoring a few we will continue to push for automatic promotion. But if the goal drought continues and we keep relying on midfielders and defenders for the odd goal we''re going to struggle to keep in play off comtention by the end I think..

[quote user="canariesmr2"]In my opinion promotion now hinges on the 4 strikers we have available. If 1 or 2 of these can come into form and start scoring a few we will continue to push for automatic promotion. But if the goal drought continues and we keep relying on midfielders and defenders for the odd goal we''re going to struggle to keep in play off comtention by the end I think..[/quote]

completely agree

[quote user="canariesmr2"]In my opinion promotion now hinges on the 4 strikers we have available. If 1 or 2 of these can come into form and start scoring a few we will continue to push for automatic promotion. But if the goal drought continues and we keep relying on midfielders and defenders for the odd goal we''re going to struggle to keep in play off comtention by the end I think..[/quote]

Totally agree

This is going well, as a new comer to the board I was expecting to get shot down.. But I just felt that having heard a few of our rivals signing a few good players were going to have to fight for every win and Im not dissapointed that we havn''t signed anybody as lambert did the right thing by not buying for the sake of it. the team we have can do it we just need the strikers to start banging a few in and we''re sorted :)

Scoring goals does win games, but if you only need to score 1 or 2 to win, the job is a lot easier.  Stats show in the main that the teams that win the league / get promoted are the teams that concede the least.  You also tend to find that the teams that get promoted get their goals from all over the pitch.  So while having the strikers on form does help, we''re in a good position as we also have goals coming from Crofts, Hoolihan, Fox, Russel Martin etc.