Sign in to follow this  
Lincoln Yellow

Transfer deadline day - TODAY

I can''t get excited about all the squit.

Its obvious from all the bored children on here and Sky Sports reporters that no one actually has any idea whats going on with 99% of deals.

It makes me angry that all a deadline does is inflate prices for players, which ultimately are paid for by you and me through ticket prices or Sky subscriptions. I wonder hom much Sky spend on wages for useless hacks to stand all day outside various training gounds?

To sum it all up Andy Carroll is now apparently worth over £30m - that makes Grant Holt worth £20m in my book. I''m off to smoke some of the drugs that Premier League bosses use.

Let me know tomorrow if City sign anyone.

Rant over

Talksport....  Andy Reid has signed for Blackpool which probably means that Charlie Adams will now go to Liverpool

True how Carroll is worth over £30 mil I do not know. He''s only played half a season in the Premier League and made 1 international apperance. What happened to the days when £30 mil bought a world class player who is proven himself over years as the highest level.

My lads 18 and would give an arm to play pro football - doesn''t mean we should be interested.

Look up all 92 league clubs and ring them to find out who''s out of contract or available then start whittling the list down, other wise leave it to Lambert & Co

[quote user="Ben"]True how Carroll is worth over £30 mil I do not know. He''s only played half a season in the Premier League and made 1 international apperance. What happened to the days when £30 mil bought a world class player who is proven himself over years as the highest level.[/quote]

Really couldn''t agree more. I always used to believe that kind of money bought you somebody really special. Doesnt seem that way anymore. I am certain a couple years ago Roeder or some other manager tried to sign Carroll but was put off by them asking for £1 million because he was rather underwhelming whilst out on loan at Preston. Shows how crazy the thing is...

[quote user="Mario Harpershite"]

I have nothing to report I''m afraid....  I even asked the car park man but he''s seen nowt either!

Will report back this afternoon.

On the issue of Earnshaw, I have been thinking for a couple of months now that if we chucked Earnie into the mix we would be promoted so fingers crossed!

[/quote]

Any further car park updates?

[quote user="paul moy"]

Andy Carroll to Liverpool .. bid accepted for 35 million

[/quote]

Stupid money for an overrated thug. Don''t they know there''s a recession on? They could have handed some out to the 50% of Liverpool that''s unemployed, and bought them enough scouse to last the next 100 years.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]My Mum''s brother''s friend''s cousin''s mother''s cousin''s sister told me that we were signing Kanu for 300k.She said he was seen in poundland shopping for a new house :O...[/quote]

Do you honestly think that this is funny?

[quote user="Dr. Ink"][quote user="paul moy"]

Andy Carroll to Liverpool .. bid accepted for 35 million

[/quote]

Stupid money for an overrated thug. Don''t they know there''s a recession on? They could have handed some out to the 50% of Liverpool that''s unemployed, and bought them enough scouse to last the next 100 years.

[/quote]

Indeed, but Liverpool were desperate as Torres is off and it may even be that Suarez has had second thoughts as he has delayed signing. Effectively it is a swap with a gain of 13m to Liverpool. 

Amazing, brilliant, hilarious, not a waste of space at all.

Cambridge Canary, is it OK for me to cite my displeasure with this? I don''t want you to think I''m an oaf or whatever you were blubbing about earlier.