Sign in to follow this  
Lincoln Yellow

Transfer deadline day - TODAY

[quote user="rondy"][quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Someone on my mates facebook said he saw Damien Duff at Carrow Road..lol.[/quote]lol?? really?? ha-frickin-ha - if you''re younger than about 12 then fair enough, but if not then you''re nothing but an attention seeking cock (imo).. grow up FFS[/quote]Excuse me? Fuck off please I was simply passing down what I saw so please shut the fuck up.Respect your elders child.

Obafemi Martens signs for Newcastle even though he failed the medical. Carroll signs 5-year deal with Liverpool.   

[quote user="paul moy"]Obafemi Martens signs for Newcastle even though he failed the medical. Carroll signs 5-year deal with Liverpool.   [/quote]

Isn''t Carroll crocked as well?

el hadji diouf or wotever it is, good riddance to him, hope he doesn''t come back to play in this country, the blokes a complete idiot.

Carrol and Suarez, with Charlie Adam and Gerrard in midfield? If I was a Liverpool fan, I''d be sad about Torres leaving, but that''s some pretty good deadline day business if you ask me!!

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="paul moy"]Obafemi Martens signs for Newcastle even though he failed the medical. Carroll signs 5-year deal with Liverpool.   [/quote]

Isn''t Carroll crocked as well?

[/quote]

He''s had a thigh injury for about six weeks, but my belief as a cynic is that it was part of the sale masterplan.  

[quote user="AJ"]Carrol and Suarez, with Charlie Adam and Gerrard in midfield? If I was a Liverpool fan, I''d be sad about Torres leaving, but that''s some pretty good deadline day business if you ask me!![/quote]

Exactly, and I must admit to having a soft-spot for Liverpool !!  

urgh liverpool, there a joke, go back 3 years ago and look at their team, Arbeloa, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres. They are definatly going backwards, and good on them.

Rumour has it that Suarez was waiting to see whether Torres would stay. The outcome now would be anybody''s guess.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]I can see us not signing anyone tonight now. Annoying as I''m desperate for a striker to join us.[/quote]

Rumour has it that Lambert has been on the phone to the Gills about their very promising loan-striker.

Pretty dissapointing final day as far as im concerned for norwich so far, was really looking for that extra player when other teams up the top are boosting their squads with signings especially Nottingham Forest who have signed Paul Conchesky & that super quick USA international robbie findley.with two games in hand on us and incredible form, Forest are looking pretty good for automatics In my opinion!thoughts? honestly will we get any more players? (i Know theres loads of these threads already but seriously no BS what do you guys reckon)

Cant see it happening, maybe a loan or two, i know it either open again soon or don''t shut for a little longer. I got the impression that Lambert wanted Bennett and if he wasn''t going to get him then was going to go with what he''s got.

And another point, i think Notts F are going to have a good end to the season, but to be fair the signings of Konchesky dont really strike too much fear into me.

hopefully Lambert has wrapped up a signing and a loan but hasn''t confirmed it yet. still a few hours left, but if not i seriously don''t see us sustaining our top 6 table position. will be frustrating if no one comes in and i will be gutted.

So the first half of the season (including quite a few injuries and a couple of suspensions) was a complete fluke, and every other team has bought a whole new better team?

Yehh agree with ya there slightly mate, i think we can finish play offs but its gunna be hard and i really dont see us in the automatics

Its the only thing that has bothered me.

If all the squads styed the same, i think we were good enough for automatic promotion.

But the other top 6 have all significantly added to there squads.

This is a chance in a life time to go up.

And if nothing else happens in the squad, with the others having pushed the boat out, i fear for our chances.

Robbie Findlay is rubbish.  He has pace but finishes like David Strihavka I am happy with what we have regardless of any new signings. UP The City!

The loan window re opens next week

Players can join ''on loan'' prior to signing

This transfer window twaddle is not really applicable to those outside of the Premier League, so stop making ridiculous assumption.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]So the first half of the season (including quite a few injuries and a couple of suspensions) was a complete fluke, and every other team has bought a whole new better team?[/quote]

no obviously not, but as the season goes on we do need a final push which could make it a lot easier than maybe only just scraping a play off place or even better a automatic place (optomistic) like i heard someone say, 1 goal from our strikers in our last 7 games is the kind of statistic you''d think came from preston for example, not a team in 2nd (or wherever we are currently) we just need to help out holt and maybe a loanee striker could help motivate chris martin. we also have no width at the moment, if we play hoolahan out on the left, he does not have the same amount of space to create chances like he does in the middle and without mcnamee hugging the touch line we have no natural wingers. only left/right sided midfielders. also nobody runs at the oppositions defence. i just think a winger is our priority and a striker could help add a few goals.

Its frustrating because I think we are potentially one striker who can deliver regular goals from being the complete package. If you got this team below out on the field regularly I dont think there is much better in the league and we could really push for the top 2.

----------------------------Ruddy-----------------------

R.Martin--------Barnett-----------Whitbread------Drury

---------------------------Crofts------------------------

---------------Lansbury-----------Surman--------------

------------------------Hoolahan-----------------------

---------------Holt----------------A.N. Other---------

i would be suprised to see us going with, lansbury, surman, hoolahan and 2 strikers to be honest, but u never no.