Sign in to follow this  
Lincoln Yellow

Transfer deadline day - TODAY

exactly my point Jacko..

do you not think the players would like a new face come in to help out with the goalscoring?

Liverpool unable to complete Adams deal because they cannot contact Oysten, the chairman of Blackpool..... LOL

I bet Holloway is very happy about that... [;)] 

Don''t forget that Forest have also signed Tudgay from loan to permanent, who has already got them some crucial goals

Fu*k me, I hope Torres passes his medical or they will be up the swany with a large debt over their heads!!No not Norwich related, but glad to see someone going for it, even if the sums of money involved are ridiculous.

yes, having your top striker leaving your club because he thinks he can do better elsewhere is ''certainly going for it''

Hope Torres leaves, the fans have turned and I can''t say that I blame them, it would be no different to when we had players wanting to leave.  Luis Suarez is a very good signing and IMO better than Torres who is far too injury prone these days.

Good luck to Torres, but I wonder whose nose he will put out of joint first, who will they drop to slot Torres in lol

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Fu*k me, I hope Torres passes his medical or they will be up the swany with a large debt over their heads!!

No not Norwich related, but glad to see someone going for it, even if the sums of money involved are ridiculous.
[/quote]

The only going for it Liverpool are doing is going for the Championship. Can remember us doing this selling Ashton at last minute, signing Earnshaw in a panic for twice his real value. Is Carroll really worth more than 6 or 7 million? he aint as good IMO as Adam from Blackpool. Gerrard will be gone in the summer to.

Your post is a bit of a slating of McNally and Lambert in accusing them of not going for it as they have been given enough cash to sign players, just maybe Lambert does not consider other available players to be better than what we already have.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Fu*k me, I hope Torres passes his medical or they will be up the swany with a large debt over their heads!!

No not Norwich related, but glad to see someone going for it, even if the sums of money involved are ridiculous.
[/quote]

Torres has gone, passed the medical, just tiny contract things to do according to the beeb

You forget Mr L I King that

"going for it"

is the new

"putting in a good shift"

It hasn''t any real meaning other than to try and give the impression that the user has some idea about the game.

It used to be ''he''s a confidence player" and "he''s good at running the channels", but they are soooo 2010.

[quote user="paul moy"]

Liverpool unable to complete Adams deal because they cannot contact Oysten, the chairman of Blackpool..... LOL

[/quote]

Latest news is Charlie Adams deal is OFF... [:D]

[quote user="the1englishman"]  But the other top 6 have all significantly added to there squads. [/quote]

Can''t say that I have followed the transfer activities of the other top 6 teams in this window. As you know all about the "significant" signings how about you fill us in to see how we stack up against them?

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Latest news is Charlie Adams deal is OFF... [:D]

[/quote]Charlie Adam.  Sorry had to correct because you''ve been calling him Adams all afternoon.Anyway, if I was Charlie Adam right now I''d be furious.

[quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]Comolli isn''t so great anyway, dont get me wrong the likes of Bale eventually proved to a good one. But heres a list of player he signed for Spurs, players over £1m, how many of these turned into great signings for Spurs and how many were expensive flops ? 1. Vedran Corluka, Manchester City, £8.5m 2. Roman Pavlyuchenko, Spartak Moscow, £14m 3. Cesar Sanchez, Real Zaragoza, Undisclosed 4. David Bentley, Blackburn Rovers, £15m-17m 5. Heurelho Gomes, PSV Eindhoven, £9m 6. Giovani dos Santos, Barcelona, £4.7m 7. Luka Modric, Dinamo Zagreb, £15.8m 8. Gilberto, Hertha Berlin £1.9m 9. Alan Hutton, Glasgow Rangers, £8m 10. Jonathan Woodgate, Middlesbrough, £7.5m 11. Chris Gunter, Cardiff City, £2m 12. Kevin-Prince Boateng, Hertha Berlin, £5.2m 13. Danny Rose, Leeds United, Undisclosed 14. Younes Kaboul, Auxerre, £8.2m 15. Darren Bent, Charlton Athletic, £16.5m 16. Adel Taarabt, RC Lens, Undisclosed 17. Gareth Bale, Southampton, £5m – £10m 18. Ben Alnwick, Sunderland, Undisclosed 19. Ricardo Rocha, Benfica, £3,5m 20. Mido, AS Roma, £4m 21. Pascal Chimbonda, Wigan Athletic, £4m 22. Steed Malbranque, Fulham, £3.5m 23. Didier Zokora, St Etienne, £6.5m 24. Benoit Assou-Ekotto, RC Lens, £3.5m 25. Dimitar Berbatov, Bayer Leverkusen, £10.9m 26. Hossam Ghaly, Feyernoord, Undisclosed 27. Danny Murphy, Charlton, £2m[/quote]

Yeah but you rarely find anyone who doesn''t make a few signings that don''t work out (and of course Spurs have changed manager a couple of times in recent seasons which doesn''t help). The argument is that Comolli does make some very good signings. A number of those players are currently in the Spurs first team - the Spurs team that has got into the Champions League. They made a huge profit on Berbatov and the suggestion is that they''d also make a huge profit on Modric too if they were to sell him and obviously Gareth Bale is going to command a ridiculous transfer fee.

I believe Comolli is also heavily credited with bringing Thierry Henry to Arsenal (and possibly Kolo Toure too).

He hasn''t had the jobs he''s had in football because he doesn''t know what he''s doing.

[quote user="City1st"]You forget Mr L I King that "going for it" is the new "putting in a good shift" It hasn''t any real meaning other than to try and give the impression that the user has some idea about the game. It used to be ''he''s a confidence player" and "he''s good at running the channels", but they are soooo 2010.[/quote]

That''s one i''ve never got.Surely every player is a ''confidence player''.No confidence,play like s***!!

From Reuters:

''In a dramatic late development Norwich City have re-signed former defensive stalwart and former player of the year Gary Doherty in a bid to address their goalscoring problems. The former Spurs and Republic of Ireland  player had previous spells up front in his White Hart lane days and was originally signed for Norwich by then manager Nigel Worthington as a striker for their last Premier League season. Paul Lambert, asked to comment on the signing said: ''I thought he was excellent, honestly I did'' and ''The Doc'' looks odds on to start tomorrow nights home game against Millwall for the high flying Canaries.''

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

From Reuters:

''In a dramatic late development Norwich City have re-signed former defensive stalwart and former player of the year Gary Doherty in a bid to address their goalscoring problems. The former Spurs and Republic of Ireland  player had previous spells up front in his White Hart lane days and was originally signed for Norwich by then manager Nigel Worthington as a striker for their last Premier League season. Paul Lambert, asked to comment on the signing said: ''I thought he was excellent, honestly I did'' and ''The Doc'' looks odds on to start tomorrow nights home game against Millwall for the high flying Canaries.''

[/quote]

Excellent. How can anyone forge that fateful day?!

We need a striker, and a centre back = what do you get, a player who can do neither!

There were a couple of new caravans parked off the Mile Cross Road this afternoon, so there maybe something in it.