Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

So to recap

January signings

IN - A defender who said they would never play for us, an average League One journeyman in the twilight of his career, Arsenal''s 8th choice CM on loan, and Barnett

OUT - Nelson, Gill, Tudur-Jones, Hughes, S Smith, Johnson, Daley + Adeyemi and Cody who were already out

So this is going for it is it?

We better win tomorrow....

''going for it'' indeedtripe. Forest will walk the league with QPR 2nd, Probably Cardiff up via he play offs. Our squad is good, but over the next few months I feel we will see how much better these other squads are.HUGE opportunity this season and we haven''t ''gone for it''Disappointing.

No they didn''t.  It was the fans who have built this up and up and up.  The club never actually said we were going to sign anybody.  I am personally not that bothered as we clearly have a good squad - this lot have got us to second place!  And the loan window opens next week anyway, and that is something Lambert has used very wisely and will do so again I''m sure.

Whats to say we haven''t signed 5 players? We just haven''t let the news go, maybe a signing or two will be announced before the game tomorrow. Lets chill and trust Lambert.

So how many players have QPR, Cardiff, Forest and Swansea got in this past week?

[quote user="G"]

Whats to say we haven''t signed 5 players? We just haven''t let the news go, maybe a signing or two will be announced before the game tomorrow. Lets chill and trust Lambert.

[/quote]

Michael Bailey confirmed that we will do no more business this window.

[quote user="cityangel"]So how many players have QPR, Cardiff, Forest and Swansea got in this past week?[/quote]

It''s not just this week but this month, and QPR and Forest have brought in a fair few top quality Championship players.

well, i''d rather be disappointed by no signings than gutted that we lost Wes or Holt.

Lambert clearly has faith in the current squad, and seeing as we''re 2nd 3/5 of the way through the season - so should you.

Michael Bailey confirmed that we will do no more business this window.

Fair enough then. Still, Lambert knows what he''s doing, woulda just been nice to bring in another option.

A bit annoyed that we didn''t get a striker and a quick player, although not unexpected. I do hope we get a loanee in. We have done really well this year, but, and it is a big but, we need to keep pushing with buying and if we don''t get some help, we will drift away.

if you had offered me just Barnett to sign in this transfer window at the start of December I would have been happy. Tierney will probably be the best deal over the longer term, Lansbury is a good loan. As for Wilbrahams good purchase as cover for Holt.

I still think we were in for another, wouldn''t be surprised if it wasn''t Bennett at the death, maybe a forward. We let a lot of players go to free up some cash and if we have missed out on transfers we will probably bring in another loan, maybe with a view to a permanent move.

Nelson has done well for us, best of luck to him at Scunthorpe, but looking forwards I think it is a good move for us too.

Everyone just needs to calm down, relax and chill. We are second in the league and have almost no chance of being relegated (which, at the start of the season many of us would have been more than happy with). This part of the season (the latter half) is rarely won via signings, rather it is won by being consistent and staying strong as a group. Have we signed any big name players? Not as far as we know. Have we got a team that has shown it can handle itself amongst the Championship ''big boys'' who have made all these signings? Undoubtly yes. ''Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it'' let us not forget where we were around 18 months ago, let us not forget what the team and coaching staff have achieved, let us not forget that survival is all important and let us not forget the seven year plan which, I believe, in the Championship before even considering promotion.

Yes, things are going that badly. We are in second place with some of our best players just coming back from injury for the run-in, and yet it is all doom and gloom. Jeez.

Yes I''d have probably liked us to sign that guy from Brighton but he is completely untried in this division and we''ve no way of knowing how he''d have fared. Fact is, we can sign any number of players in the loan window if needs be, and that is only 2 games time.

So, to recap: we have bought 3 players in and sold one. We have sent a load of reserves on loan - who we can presumably recall if needs be (and at least they will be match fit). And we have players coming back to fitness at the crucial time. Awful isn''t it.

Sorry if I wasn''t clear, I am not saying I am unhappy with our current squad and position just peeved we didn''t bring anyone in. I realise my post was very OTT, so I''m sorry. [:$]

Fair enough, Crofts - I''m sure we''re all rather annoyed at having wasted the evening for news of just one transfer, and that being out rather than in!

Bear in mind that the loan window opens dead soon: if he thinks we need any strengthening I''m sure Lambo will be on the case - and we presumably have some ££ spare.

Have to say I am disappointed with the transfer window from NCFC point of view.

This is the first time in many years that none of the teams relegated last season from the Premiership are in the top 6 due to their financial positions.

I don''t think we will have a better time to go for promotion than this season. We are so close and just need a few more goals which if they don''t come from Holty or Wes where will they come from.

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]

January signings

IN - A defender who said they would never play for us, an average League One journeyman in the twilight of his career, Arsenal''s 8th choice CM on loan, and Barnett

OUT - Nelson, Gill, Tudur-Jones, Hughes, S Smith, Johnson, Daley + Adeyemi and Cody who were already out

So this is going for it is it?

We better win tomorrow....

[/quote]Arsenal''s 8th choice CM indeed. A shocking lack of ambition, we should have gone for Fabregas, or at least Denilson or Diaby. He''s rubbish, that Lansbury... poor first touch, no vision, no commitment, he''s not from round here, and he probably smells bad. Dreadful signing.Shut up.

Lambert said this morning "We''re still trying to bring somebody in, but won''t bring someone in

just for the sake of it. It has to be somebody who will make a good

addition to the current squad."

Obviously he couldn''t get who he wanted today but wasn''t going to panic

buy, it doesn''t mean his target won''t be arriving on loan next week and

will be signing in the summer.

All this "so this is the board going for it" is complete garbage, Lambert had money but was only going to spend it on the right player, all the board can do is supply the funds, they aren''t the ones who target the signings.
Onwards and upwards, let''s all get behind the team and cheer them on to 3 points against Millwall.

How dare you post up reasoned thought Mr Harry ?

Tonight is a night for juvenile hysteria and mass shirt rending - fired up I''ve no doubt by the media ... and their inability to grasp that it all starts over again next Tuesday.

We are in second place. Not through slipping or failing. We have steadily risen up the table. Had we have been falling steadily over the past few weeks there might just be a case for the ridiculous whining on here tonight.

I happen to trust the club. A club that has taken us from a 7-1 home drubbing to winning the previous divison by a clear margin and now to 2nd in this division.

I happen to think that maybe they know when it is best to let players leave Carrow Road. That they know who has not only the right ability but the right temperament to be brought to the club. They also will know better than any of us what money is available and what the true costs of any contracts are.

The transfer window (disguised as a loan period) re opens again next week, so nothing has really been lost. So my suggestion to all the whingers and whiners, all the terminally stupid who don''t appear to grasp the transfer rules and those who are forever finding fault ..

......why not give it a rest, shut your gobs and come back in May and tell us THEN how much more than the board, the manager and the coaches of Norwich City football club you knew.

Because reading the ridiculous guff posted up on here I feel ashamed to think that some of you support Norwich City.

And are you stupid enough to think if Brighton would not sell us Bennett they will loan him to us , even you are not that thick .Face it yet again we bottled it big time , even those broke binners you tell us so much about had a £1.8 million bid accepted for Austin .

[quote user="City1st"]How dare you post up reasoned thought Mr Harry ? [/quote][IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_591X7xPvJ8Q/TMHmUf9KwyI/AAAAAAAABYM/Hwt11mH5C3c/s400/smiley_face-1609.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="City1st"]How dare you post up reasoned thought Mr Harry ?

Tonight is a night for juvenile hysteria and mass shirt rending - fired

up I''ve no doubt by the media ... and their inability to grasp that it

all starts over again next Tuesday.

We are in second place. Not through slipping or failing. We have

steadily risen up the table. Had we have been falling steadily over the

past few weeks there might just be a case for the ridiculous whining on

here tonight.

I happen to trust the club. A club that has taken us from a 7-1 home

drubbing to winning the previous divison by a clear margin and now to

2nd in this division.

I happen to think that maybe they know when it is best to let players

leave Carrow Road. That they know who has not only the right ability but

the right temperament to be brought to the club. They also will know

better than any of us what money is available and what the true costs of

any contracts are.

The transfer window (disguised as a loan period) re opens again next

week, so nothing has really been lost. So my suggestion to all the

whingers and whiners, all the terminally stupid who don''t appear to

grasp the transfer rules and those who are forever finding fault ..

......why not give it a rest, shut your gobs and come back in May and

tell us THEN how much more than the board, the manager and the coaches

of Norwich City football club you knew.

Because reading the ridiculous guff posted up on here I feel ashamed to

think that some of you support Norwich City.[/quote]WIN.[quote user="Wxyz"]And are you stupid enough to think if Brighton would not sell us Bennett they will loan him to us , even you are not that thick .Face it yet again we bottled it big time , even those broke binners you tell us so much about had a £1.8 million bid accepted for Austin .[/quote]FAIL.

[quote user="Wxyz"]And are you stupid enough to think if Brighton would not sell us Bennett they will loan him to us , even you are not that thick .Face it yet again we bottled it big time , even those broke binners you tell us so much about had a £1.8 million bid accepted for Austin .[/quote]Funny how you only crawl out of the woodwork when you think you might have something to vaguely moan about isn''t it?