Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Forget anyone signing now!

Some ''going for it'' I must say.

Unless Poyet is lying today, you can all forget Bennett too.

If the the board don''t, can''t or won''t back the best manager we''ve had, then trust me, he''ll go to someone who will! [:(]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

If the the board don''t, can''t or won''t back the best manager we''ve had, then trust me, he''ll go to someone who will! [:(]

[/quote]REALLY??????? oh dear

The TW isn''t shut yet mate, the day is long and a lot of business can be conducted in a short time.

Deals will already be done and dusted and just the final touches put in place if Lambert has anyone coming in.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Look at me![/quote]

ANYONE Trent, including you, who dares starts a thread is a ''look at me'' type according to point scorers on here.[:S]

We got to second without having to buy anyone too major. (Excluding Barnett - but we already had him on loan). Why does our promotion chance all of a sudden hinge on buying players?!

The board said they''ll back Lambert. Lambert said after the game on Saturday that he''s not too bothered if he doesn''t sign anyone else. (More or Less).

Another 11 hours yet to go, lots can happen.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

The TW isn''t shut yet mate, the day is long and a lot of business can be conducted in a short time.

Deals will already be done and dusted and just the final touches put in place if Lambert has anyone coming in.

[/quote]

Its just that I''ve seen it all before, its traditional mate, like Easter.

[/quote]

Some Old First Wizard, talking Ballacks

[/quote]

attention seeker alert

Yawn. First Wiz, isn''t it time you had another tantrum and boycotted the Pinkun for a bit? Oh go on....

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Things are different this time round, and I guess it''s just us fans seasons before have been majorly let down.  But if Lambert is happy wot go with what we have, then so am I.  Would be nice to get another striker in and maybe another player to help out but wouldn''t be the end of the world if we don''t get anyone in.

ILWT

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Things are different this time round, and I guess it''s just us fans seasons before have been majorly let down.  But if Lambert is happy to go with what we have, then so am I.  Would be nice to get another striker in and maybe another player to help out but wouldn''t be the end of the world if we don''t get anyone in.

ILWT

[/quote]

quote user="?????"

attention seeker alert

Coming from you with your stupid rumours and dumb posts thats rich pal.

Oh and Dicky, I thought that you were dead.

quote user="?????"

attention seeker alert

Coming from you with your stupid rumours and dumb posts thats rich pal.

Oh and Dicky, I thought that you were dead.

[/quote]

You really are a horrid individual aren''t you.

Whilst I would not be as scathing as the OP, I for one will be very disappointed if don''t manage to get at least 1 more player in today. Whilst Barnett is a good and welcome signing, in the circumstances we find ourselves in and with the opportunity we have this season i would not regard getting Lansbury back on loan and signing Tierney and Wilbraham as "going for it."

In Lambert we trust and maybe he has just decided he feels the squad is good enough as it is but others have strengthened more than us during this window and so far our business has been somewhat underwhelming.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

...others have strengthened more than us during this window and so far our business has been somewhat underwhelming.

[/quote]

On the other hand we have strengthened more than others.

I''ll take the outcome whatever and find it amazing that anyone could criticise the current management for not supporting the manager.

Our squad needs some tweaking and not surgery, infact I wonder whether too much change loses you the attitude that got you to where you are. For me there was, for example, too much whokesale change when we last won promotion to the Premier League.

Bennet has been over elevated and whether we get him or not this level of expectation is dangerous to morale. We appear to be improving defensively and going through a goal drought. We lack width but do have options already as I described in a previous post.

Forget signing anyone now!?  Okay, let''s look to beating Millwall tomorrow and cementing our position while extending our unbeaten run. A goal each for our strikers would probably kick them on and don''t forget, we have just had the busy Christmas period, followed by the disruptive FA Cup and encounters with top teams.

I agree that we need tweaking rather than surgery. To be honest there is a long way to go today before the transfer deadline so anything might happen and we are all guessing. Personally, though i will be a bit disappointed if we don''t get someone in who can play alongside Holt (whether that be Bennett (although I think he''s more a midfielder) or A.N Other) as i don''t see any of the current options working terribly well at the moment and by such fine margins can promotion be won and lost!

Having said that i have complete faith that lambert can guide us to at least the top six with the current squad.

... you can all forget Bennett too.

[/quote]

Totally agree with you Wiz, I mean, when you posted this there was just under 11 hours to do business.

And even now there is only 9 and a half.

Under you posts it says ''In Lambert we trust'', if he says the squad is good enough as it stands would you trust him?

...I bet as kids all you lot sneaked a look at your presents before Christmas day did you? It only spoiled the surprise!

Lets all wait until we check in the morning, I am.

Or maybe we''ve been naughty and we ain''t getting jack-sheet!

More importantly... I simply cant decide?

Rod on June 8th , JLS on the 11th, or set fire to my own feet on the 13th? mmm? tough one.

Shame on you NCFC!

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="First Wizard"]

... you can all forget Bennett too.

[/quote]

Totally agree with you Wiz, I mean, when you posted this there was just under 11 hours to do business.

And even now there is only 9 and a half.

Under you posts it says ''In Lambert we trust'', if he says the squad is good enough as it stands would you trust him?

[/quote]

Yes, I do trust him waz, but he has little option to say anything else, come 11pm, many on here will be griping too.

Well Wiz, where do you expect us to sign another Grant Holt from?

I can''t think of anyone realistic we could sign, that wouldn''t be a completely different player (essentially changing the team style) that we could get.

Lambert himself said he is looking at a couple of players, and if they don''t come off, he''s fine with that. And we should be too.