Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Eats Walkers!

Nelson to scunthorpe

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]He was a great captain and anchor man.
[/quote]

True, but now he''s nailed his colours to Scunnys mast. You have to wonder if there was any rigging involved in the process, but regardless of that he''s sailing off into the sunset. He never was that fleet of foot, but he was hardy.

OK, I''ll stop now.[;)]

[/quote]

[:D]

Seems like Lambert was keen to ship him out.

Didn''t even know he was for sail.

[/quote]

Always thought he was a bit (h)armless would probably played better under Hamilton

Although he had his limitations, "the Admiral" put in some sterling service for NCFC. PL obviously sees his centreback position well covered so it was a good decision to take a few quid for the 30 year old while the going was good.Best of luck "Admiral" and ta for your 100% effort while you were here.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]He was a great captain and anchor man.[/quote]

True, but now he''s nailed his colours to Scunnys mast. You have to wonder if there was any rigging involved in the process, but regardless of that he''s sailing off into the sunset. He never was that fleet of foot, but he was hardy.

OK, I''ll stop now.[;)]

[/quote][:D]Seems like Lambert was keen to ship him out.

Didn''t even know he was for sail.

[/quote]Kept the move up his sleeve till the last minute.

It''s interesting reading Lamberts comments on it.

Almost makes it sound as if we were prepared to offer a shorter deal, perhaps a one year extension, but that he wanted something more secure. Fair play to him, he has done a good job for us and made sure that when he played it was ''plain sailing'' for most.

Let''s not forget that ''volley''. I don''t think we will see another six foot plus centre back finish with that sort of style again. Reminded me a lot of Malky, and I suppose some will see him going a bit like his as well.

He was however free to talk to who-ever he wanted, not a bad word to say about him, good luck to him.

I am quite sad that he has gone and we have lost a very steady centre half and good character. I suspect at hisage and being a bit down the pecking order he was unlikely to get more than a 1 year deal in the summer and none at all if we got promoted. at least this way the guy can plan the last couple of years or so of his career

Weird to think we started this season with Nelson as our captain; I have been very impressed with him this season. Heaven forbid if we get an injury and suspension in the CB role again, I would not feel comfortable with Askou, I hope we don''t live to regret this; good luck at Scunthorpe Nelson!

For a player who was a lower League journeyman unknown to us before signing, Nelson has done one hell of a job for us and had hardly any bad games during his spell with us!

When he came back in over the Xmas period he was superb and very very unlucky not to have retained his place!

I suppose because he was down the pecking order, coming up to 31 years old, apparently never moved his family down here and Lambert probably not wanting to give him a long deal, a move to Scunny suits him!

Personally Nelsons departure without doubt weakens us particularly when you look at Whitbreads history of loads of time out for injuries and Elliot Ward has got a bad record in that department as well. I could see Nelson coming back in and doing a similar job to what he done in the run in last season but thats not to be.

Like the much maligned Doc, many didn''t rate him but when being honest you can''t deny he done a tremendous job for the club and can leave with his head held high!

Another factor in his departure is the freeing of his wages together with others makes me think that a couple of loan signings, winger and striker could be coming to Carrow Road in the near future??

Fingers crossed we stay injury and suspension free at CB! 

Started off on the wrong tac but leaves on the crest of a wave.

Massively improved over the course of last season and showed he could cope with this level too, maybe due to playing with better players than he had in the past. He''d be just the sort of guy Scunthorpe would want in a relegation scrap, always giving a 100%, body in the way, great in the air and always looking like he might get a goal or two at the other end. Had his limitations, but seemed to have a clear idea of what he was good at and apart from the opening day of last season never let us down. Good luck Nelson (lets just hope Whitbread says injury free now)