Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Eats Walkers!

Nelson to scunthorpe

i''m sorry to see him go, he looked a bit raw to start with but got better the more he played.

thanks for the winning goal at charlton and good luck

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I thought he was terrible to begin with, and he is your bog standard L1 player, but the Admiral won me over.  All the best to him!
[/quote]

Ditto.

All the best to the Admiral[Y]

[/quote]

Totally agree, I was quite critical of him when he first got here, but I have got to say he certainly won me over and was playing well.

Good luck Nelse and thanks.

Very sad about that but we are overstaffed in that area. There are not many players you can say you''ll miss when they go but he is definately one of them. Great attitude and has made the grade in the Championship now. Hopefully he can help turn Scunny around.

Just stay fit now Zak!

Crikey, I liked Nels but not in a million years is he better than Ward.

When all''s said and done both JBA and Nels were bought in for the League 1 campaign and much as we may like them, we now have better. Sad but true.

Norwich lose an excellent centre half and character and Holty loses his chauffer.

I am surprised to see him go but assume he wanted the move and PL done the right thing by him.

Good luck Michael and thanks for the 100% displays and crucial goals.

Maybe we could put signs up at the county borders in remembrance of him.[;)]

Initially I was quite surprised, but having reflected , the key word in Paul Lambert''s comments was "security". Whilst he always gave his all, he was clearly 4th choice in the pecking order and we were never going to offer him a 2 year deal in the summer.

No way on earth is Nelson better than Ward, if he is how come he''s joined Scunthorpe (no disrespect but a small club who are 2nd bottom)

I would have offered Nelson another year. I think so would Lambert and the board. However to offer him two years would have made much sense. Given that Scunthorpe are willingly to offer him two years I think it was only fair to let him go. He has been terrific for Norwich in his 18 months here and deserves the chance to secure his long term future. Good luck Nelson. I will give him a big reception when he comes back.

Surprised by this.  If he wanted to leave though and felt he could get a more secure contract elsewhere then it''s understandable.  Good luck to him though, I thought he was terrific for us and never let us down.  Let''s hope the others stay fit...

First Doc, and now Nelson..........

I know in a way, he is probably not ''good enough'' but i liked him, and i would have had him above Ward in the pecking order. How long was Askou out on loan for? (It was only a lann right?)

Great comment IncH HigH!

Wow, bit of shocker this one, don''t think any of us expected this.

Michael''s done brilliantly for us. He''s improved as a player and looked more and more solid. The goal against Charlton (as has been mentioned) will be a treasured memory and the celebration that followed in front of us was awesome! He scored some cracking goals in fact. I also remember when we were 1-0 up at home to Brentford last season and we''d done it with 10 men. It was the dying moments of the game and we were under pressure when The Admiral put his foot the the ball and it literally travelled the length of the pitch and you''d have thought we''d scored, the cheer it got.

Thanks for the memories Michael and good luck in the future. Was hoping the Iron stayed up anyway, but really hope they do now!

I''m surprised at this tbh, I know we have Zak, Leon and Wardy but we only need Zak to get injured again and get one suspended and we''re short at the back.

Also  with the wages we are saving on the players we have out on loan and now the saving on Nelson''s wages it makes it even more disappointing that we haven''t splashed out on  a striker in this window.