Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Eats Walkers!

Nelson to scunthorpe

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''m surprised at this tbh, I know we have Zak, Leon and Wardy but we only need Zak to get injured again and get one suspended and we''re short at the back.

Also  with the wages we are saving on the players we have out on loan and now the saving on Nelson''s wages it makes it even more disappointing that we haven''t splashed out on  a striker in this window.

[/quote]

Spot on.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''m surprised at this tbh, I know we have Zak, Leon and Wardy but we only need Zak to get injured again and get one suspended and we''re short at the back.

Also  with the wages we are saving on the players we have out on loan and now the saving on Nelson''s wages it makes it even more disappointing that we haven''t splashed out on  a striker in this window.

[/quote]

Spot on.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]First Doc, and now Nelson..........

I know in a way, he is probably not ''good enough'' but i liked him, and i would have had him above Ward in the pecking order. How long was Askou out on loan for? (It was only a lann right?)[/quote]I think people should get some perspective here. Barnett, Ward and Whitbread are all better footballers than Nelson is, and Lambert wants us to be a footballing side. I''m not slating Nelse here - he was hard as nails, strong in the tackle, good in the air and actually a lot more consistent in the Championship than he was in League One. But he''s 30 years old, he''s slow, his distribution is poorer than the other three centre-backs, he was out of contract in the summer, and let''s be honest, if we did go up he''d get rinsed in the Premiership. A good move for him, he deserves to be first choice, but not for us. Tierney can play CB if required, and we can always recall Askou after his month''s up - he''ll also move on in the summer and PL will probably bring in another young, hungry centre back for competition. This squad is still good enough to get us in the play-offs and maybe push for the top two. Rest assured that if we do go up, we''ll get quality players in early in the summer as we did last year.In Lambert we trust.

Nelson and Whitbread should have been 1st choice CBs after QPR. Barnett constantly looks dodgy and Ward is only just coming back.NOT  happy at all about this, and the fact it looks like we''re not signing anyone to start chipping in with goals has left me feeling a LOT less optimistic, especially after having witnessed recent ''performances'' such as Palace and L Orient....

Only 3 CB''s at the club, and given their past histories that''s not saying very much. But oh well, I hope it works out for Mickey. He won me and a lot of fans over with his great commitment and vast improvement on the pitch. I feel he''s more than capable and wish him the best of luck at Scunny.

Interesting when you think Nelsons first game for the club was that 7-1 defeat to Colchester and his last game for the club was the 1-0 win over top of the league QPR where he was awesome and arguably MOTM. That I think says a lot about his character and personality. Top bloke Nelson gear attitude and I will allways be gratefull for his efforts last year during one of the lowest periods in the clubs history. Good luck in the future Nelse.

Awful? He''s twice the player Askou is, and Askou is hardly awful. Dejan Stefanovic, Zesh Rehman, Keith Briggs - all players who pale in Nelson''s shadow.

Slightly disappointed that Nelsons gone.  He alsways gave 100% for us and was a leader on the pitch even though he wasn''t captain.  Technically not the most gifted, but hes proven he could cut it in the championship and should do ok for Scunthorpe.  The main reason is probably because hes out of contract in the summer so needs some security  and he wasn''t gyaranteed it here. 

Surely he''ll get a good reception when they come to carrow road and good luck to him.  Thanks for some great memories last season and this...

Never thought I would say it...disapointed to see Nelly leave :(Oh well, all the best to him at Scunny..... maybe his wage demand for the next contract were daft and Lambo was offered a deal to good to pass up to let him go now rather than in the summer !Good luck to him

If one of the CB''s get injured again then we have no recognised CB for the bench, which is worrying considering we''ve had a lot of time with only 2/3 CB''s fit/not suspended. I doubt we''ll extend Askou''s loan now, but would rather have had Nels fighting for a place, he actually looked pretty damn good. Still, I think he deserves games and has some guarantees now at least at Scunny. Just hope he doesn''t play too well against us!

He was a leader last season and scored great goals (like Malky), and he did the same this season when he was in the team. We have seen that Lambert has chosen for two other defenders and he''s right to think he''s too good to sit on our bench. And with no reserve games at Carrow Road you don''t want to hang around to long, you want to play football, big mistake by NCFC and Lambert.

I thought we were already missing his presence and goals .. good luck to Scunthorpe !

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Gingerpele"]First Doc, and now Nelson..........

I know in a way, he is probably not ''good enough'' but i liked him, and i would have had him above Ward in the pecking order. How long was Askou out on loan for? (It was only a lann right?)[/quote]I think people should get some perspective here. Barnett, Ward and Whitbread are all better footballers than Nelson is, and Lambert wants us to be a footballing side. I''m not slating Nelse here - he was hard as nails, strong in the tackle, good in the air and actually a lot more consistent in the Championship than he was in League One. But he''s 30 years old, he''s slow, his distribution is poorer than the other three centre-backs, he was out of contract in the summer, and let''s be honest, if we did go up he''d get rinsed in the Premiership. A good move for him, he deserves to be first choice, but not for us. Tierney can play CB if required, and we can always recall Askou after his month''s up - he''ll also move on in the summer and PL will probably bring in another young, hungry centre back for competition. This squad is still good enough to get us in the play-offs and maybe push for the top two. Rest assured that if we do go up, we''ll get quality players in early in the summer as we did last year.In Lambert we trust.[/quote]SPOT ON!!!

I must admit, i''m surprised to see him go but he is 4th choice CB, ASkou will be cover if we get a speight of injuries

I have to say that, like a lot of people, I didn''t really rate Nelson when he first arrived. I thought that he was slow, had poor distribution and wasn''t a "Norwich type player". How wrong I was. He has contributed massively and will always be remembered for "that" goal at Charlton. This season he has done an excellent job and, at the time of his injury was looking really impressive, and very fit.

Good luck Admiral, you''re a star!

I think this is Lambert shuffling the pack again. Since we didn''t get much in the window, he''s clearing the decks for some loan signings. In and ideal world we''d keep him but if we want that flexibility we need to get more people off the wage bill to make room for loans.I think we could now potentially still see someone like Cameron Jerome on loan.

You would of thought we had lost a world class centre back in Nelson,

yes he scored the goal against Charlton to secure promotion, but clearly

he was as the article on SSN says surplus to requirement. Lambert

knows Nelson has done the job he was needed for, getting us out of

league one. We have moved on from that now and we find ourselves at the

top end of the Championship, were quality is more important. He has now

moved to Scunthorpe were they are more than likely getting ready for

relegation, they have in their purchase a decent league one player, who

yes gives 100% and gritty performances. Will give him a clap but i think the move is best for both parties.

I believe Nelson heard about a possible deal and approached Lambert, aware of his contract soon running out, and asked if he was looking at any sort of extension. Lambert said no and Nelson asked if he could leave as the deal might not be there in the summer and Lambert let him.

I heard he had had one eye on a move for a while now and his form was rather patchy in my opinion.

He''s better than some give him credit for and scored some vital goals... I''ve no doubt he will do well at Scunthorpe. Lambert was obviously freeing up funds and may have been using these to entice Bennett. We will regret this if we get injuries, but perhaps Lambert is happy to delve into the loan market if necessary.

Sad to see him go, he has been one of the more long serving players at the club if you think about it, hope he hits form and proves he is a championship defender at Scunthorpe, good pro who may have had a couple of dodgy moments, but was overall a solid defender. Sure he will help Scunthorpe leak goals anyway, Good luck nels

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]He was a great captain and anchor man.
[/quote]

True, but now he''s nailed his colours to Scunnys mast. You have to wonder if there was any rigging involved in the process, but regardless of that he''s sailing off into the sunset. He never was that fleet of foot, but he was hardy.

OK, I''ll stop now.[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]He was a great captain and anchor man.[/quote]

True, but now he''s nailed his colours to Scunnys mast. You have to wonder if there was any rigging involved in the process, but regardless of that he''s sailing off into the sunset. He never was that fleet of foot, but he was hardy.

OK, I''ll stop now.[;)]

[/quote][:D]Seems like Lambert was keen to ship him out. Didn''t even know he was for sail.