Sign in to follow this  
Philipo87

Loan deal involving Bennett

This is just pure speculation with no inside information behind it.

We all know Lambert wanted Bennett and could not get him before the window shut as Brighton were playing hard to get. It wouldnt supprise me at all if we were to get Bennett on loan untill the end of the season with the move to be made permenant in the summer.

It would leave Lambert with a bit more time to negotiate and the play to kick up a bit more fuss about not being allowed to leave when he put a transfer request in!

I doubt this, if you think about it from Brightons point of view - they want him for the promotion push. If they weren''t willing to let him go for money there and then and with a chance to replace him, they''re hardly likely to let him go now on loan.

Id happily be wrong though!

Brighton  are not letting him go its not going to happen . Looks like Hucks thinks we may have blown top 2 , twittered Jake Humphrey spoke a lot of sense tonight i think we will struggle to keep in top 2 Lamberts top class but quality wins games.

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]I doubt this, if you think about it from Brightons point of view - they want him for the promotion push. If they weren''t willing to let him go for money there and then and with a chance to replace him, they''re hardly likely to let him go now on loan.

Id happily be wrong though![/quote]Exactly that. Bennett and Brighton both know that if he has a stellar second half of the season, not only might a bigger club than Norwich come in for him in the summer, but he''ll leave on good terms with the fans, probably with a championship medal in his pocket, and Brighton will be able to demand more money than if we''d pre-agreed a permanent transfer at a set price to go through in the summer. He will not come here before the summer, if at all.

[quote user="Philipo87"]

This is just pure speculation with no inside information behind it.

We all know Lambert wanted Bennett and could not get him before the window shut as Brighton were playing hard to get. It wouldnt supprise me at all if we were to get Bennett on loan untill the end of the season with the move to be made permenant in the summer.

It would leave Lambert with a bit more time to negotiate and the play to kick up a bit more fuss about not being allowed to leave when he put a transfer request in!

[/quote]

Never in a million years, This was the deal that never was. Brighton were never going to let him go in the transfer window.

I think Bennett is no longer an option. I think he would''ve been a great signing but clearly Brighton were only going to sell for silly money. I''m sure Lambo will look at loan options when the loan window opens in 7 days.

With the way the window has gone, Is it any wonder that lower league clubs play hard to get, And when I look back to the days when Trevor Francis was sold by B-ham to Forest for the first £1.000.000 player    we asked then,  where will it all end.  Chelski and Liverpool trying yet again to buy the title.

"Can we have your player for £1m?"

"**** off"

"OK - can we just borrow him for 4 months then?"

"Oh yes, of course you can. We''ll send him down tomorrow"

Numpty........

[quote user="Wxyz"]Brighton  are not letting him go its not going to happen . Looks like Hucks thinks we may have blown top 2 , twittered Jake Humphrey spoke a lot of sense tonight i think we will struggle to keep in top 2 Lamberts top class but quality wins games.
[/quote]

Hucks is an ex-footballer, Humphreys is a TV sports presenter but they are both just FANS of NCFC, theirs is only two more opinions amongst thousands.

Have to agree with both Jake Humphreys and Hucks as we have seen players go out on loans and then the Admiral goes.

Some action coming in would have given a lift but we''ll have to wait and see what happens.

Not been overwhelmed by he the in-comings as they are similar to what we have already.

We needed something to help with the goals or give us another dimension and we delivered on neither.

Did we have a plan B?

[quote user="Norfolk''n Good"]

"Can we have your player for £1m?"

"**** off"

"OK - can we just borrow him for 4 months then?"

"Oh yes, of course you can. We''ll send him down tomorrow"

Numpty........

I didn''t realise people were that stupid on this site but obviously they are! Next time I will make sure I will not leave any stone unturned rather than leaving it up to the subjective opinion of the people reading to work out what it meant.

Obviously I did not expect him to be ''borrowed'' from Brighton for 4 months as you put it. It was reported that we were bidding around the 1.2 - 1.4 million mark (whether or not this is true we will not know). Brighton may well have been hoping for improved bids towards the end of last night which may well not have come. The whole idea of the post was that we could meet their selling price (if they choose to sell), but as the window is closed we would pay them the transfer fee agreed but put it through as a loan deal initially until the transfer can actually go through when the next window opens. Its not an uncommon occurence. 

Numpty ...  

(sorry to the posters who do have a brain and some logic)

HAHAHAHAHA thats about the size of it.

Some idiots banging on about the window only closing for the prem.

So now were suddenly going to get our targets as loans instead of on a permanent. ( of course with a garantee they will be ours in the summer on a perminent deal )

shakes head at some fans stupidity.

We missed a chance here, was it worth gambling 3-4 million on a couple of class players for the reward of prem football and 90 million garanteed ?

Of course it bloody was !***!!!````

If Bennett''s attitude is bad after having his move rejected I think there is every chance that we can get him on loan/loan-swap within a month or so. Let''s wait and see.....

As I just posted on the other Bennett thread Poyet''s comments are interesting. He says we bid 3 times and bid 2 was a tough one. So bid 2 must have been cash plus a player prob Mcnamee. Maybe a loan deal involving both players going in opposite directions plus a larger fee in the summer could do it.

[quote user="the1englishman"]HAHAHAHAHA thats about the size of it. Some idiots banging on about the window only closing for the prem. So now were suddenly going to get our targets as loans instead of on a permanent. ( of course with a garantee they will be ours in the summer on a perminent deal ) shakes head at some fans stupidity. We missed a chance here, was it worth gambling 3-4 million on a couple of class players for the reward of prem football and 90 million garanteed ? Of course it bloody was !***!!!````[/quote]

You talk like £3-4 million grows on trees.

Quite where would we have borrowed this money from since banks don''t want to lend to football clubs at all and anyway would not lend money to buy a player?

[quote user="paul moy"]If Bennett''s attitude is bad after having his move rejected I think there is every chance that we can get him on loan/loan-swap within a month or so. Let''s wait and see.....[/quote]

If Bennett''s attitude is bad because he can''t get his own way then I wouldn''t want him anyway, you have to bear in mind that he signed a new deal at Brighton recently. If he was thinking he might want a move in January then he shouldn''t have signed, it''s not as if things have been going badly for him at Brighton this season.

I think we all need to forget about Bennett and move on. If Brighton had any intention of letting him go they would have accepted our offer last night, or at least started negotiating. They are hardly likely to let him come on loan after they turned down the best part of £1m for him, money they could have used for a replacement. They would be relying on another club letting them have a player for 5 months without compensation, it just doesn''t happen with 1st team players (Barnett was different, he wasn''t getting games at West Brom), and anyone thinking this is a possibility is, in my opinion, clutching wildly at straws.

Slight chance but no more!

Those who say "no chance" must remember that Bennett put in a transfer request last week so hes obviously looking to move on.

If his desire to leave manifests into a such a big issue that it effects his performance and the rest of the team then Brighton would be best of letting go on loan somewhere else to clear the negativity!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="paul moy"]If Bennett''s attitude is bad after having his move rejected I think there is every chance that we can get him on loan/loan-swap within a month or so. Let''s wait and see.....[/quote]

If Bennett''s attitude is bad because he can''t get his own way then I wouldn''t want him anyway, you have to bear in mind that he signed a new deal at Brighton recently. If he was thinking he might want a move in January then he shouldn''t have signed, it''s not as if things have been going badly for him at Brighton this season.

I think we all need to forget about Bennett and move on. If Brighton had any intention of letting him go they would have accepted our offer last night, or at least started negotiating. They are hardly likely to let him come on loan after they turned down the best part of £1m for him, money they could have used for a replacement. They would be relying on another club letting them have a player for 5 months without compensation, it just doesn''t happen with 1st team players (Barnett was different, he wasn''t getting games at West Brom), and anyone thinking this is a possibility is, in my opinion, clutching wildly at straws.

[/quote]

Torres''s attitude at Liverpool has not been good for quite a while, but Chelsea still signed him.  Bennetts behaviour would only be human nature given the stituation he is in. It would be entirely understandable bearing in mind the great opportunity that he has missed out on, and on the contract matter, quite often clubs get their best players on a good contract in order to be able to ask for the best transfer fee that they possibly can.  Thus the absurdity of Blackpool asking for 12 million or so for a player they are ''only'' paying 10K a week.