Sign in to follow this  
Never  Blue

Leeds Away

I have just booked tickets for me and my 7 year old son for Leeds away. As soon as I put the phone down I had a dreadful thought that it may not be such a great idea to take him due to their neandathol fans, what do people think?

I have done Leeds away before, you will be fine. The majority of Leeds fans are ok and if you dont go looking for trouble or put yourself in any stupid situations around Elland Road then you will be fine. I recomend if you are taking your son to travel with the club to this particular fixture as Elland road is nowhere near the city centre.

I would take my 10 yr old no probs,my advice is just stear clear of them when entering and leaving! they are not all bad lol, just a few that spoil it(same at nearly every club)

Glad I''ve just seen this thread, was planning on booking tickets for this but completely forgot they went on sale today untill now; just booked my tickets, hope the seats arn''t too bad [:)]

I went to the Monday night game last season and it was fine, just make sure you know how you''re getting to and from the ground as the location is a bit annoying.Got myself a couple of tickets for this one - would be really good if we could sell it out.

Cheers for your help guys and gals. We are travelling up on the Friday and coming back on the Sunday so club cabbage is out [;)]. We are now selling on the upper tier so I would be suprised if we didn''t sell out. Could turn out to be huge game in our season. OTBC.

I''ve been invited by a Leeds-supporting friend of a Chelsea-supporting friend who works in Leeds to potentially meet Ken Bates in the supporters social club after the game. Needless to say I will not be sporting Norwich colours, and will be trying to avoid Bates.... LOL. I may even knock this idea on its head if we get an unlikely win.   [:D]

I think that you will be fine, especially if you have a young one with you. What I would say is that you should execrise some caution as there will be a few Leeds looking for trouble after the problems before and after the game last season. If you want to wear colours, I''d keep them covered outside the ground.

If that lot who run around in skirts and morph suits go up to Leeds and give it the usual large one, they will take a slap, guaranteed.

I personally wouldn''t take a young lad to a match like this, but then I remember when I was young the sheer fright of being at a hostile away match. So I think it will be a good idea so he progresses to becoming a real man.

I rest my case, your Honor.

I parked my car next to the Old Peacock Pub on Elland Road last season, wore colours and had no problems.